Favorite Picture of All Time

Guest carlogesualdo
A big "Thank You!" to everyone that took the time to post their pictures. I love them all......:cool:

Sheila<------------does not know how to get her pictures on or she would share also:p

FYI - there's a whole thread on this in the TEST forum.

My best photo?

This set was funny. As I was walking off the ship, guy trys to sell me a $4.00 underwater camera (He says it takes GREAT photos)...I buy it and think to myself "Yeah right". Keep in mind I had been shooting all week with my $500 digital camera that makes it impossible to take a bad picture (I'm all thumbs)

My wife jumped in the water off of the float at Cozumel Chankanaab park... I closed my eyes and snapped the camera knowing that I probably got nothing in my shot...all I could see was bubbles.

Not only did we get great vivid colors under the water, but the sunlight, and mirror refection of the water's surface in the 3rd photo, was fantastic for this cheap camera (sorry this is a scan of the original photos, and the copy loses some of its sharpness and color)

PS... my 40+ year old wife liked the way her body looks more toned in the water (no gravity). As a hack photographer, I have to admit that was another aspect that made these photos so much fun :D;)

Jumpinthewaterlarge.jpg

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Wonderful story for a wonderful picture. Your sister is blessed to have you and your family.

Do you remember the wonderful thrill and pride :rolleyes: when you won your first "100 percent gold" Ship on a Stick?

I do! Now THAT was a Carnival Moment!! :D

You made me think of this photo of my son Kyle.. who was 9 at the time.....

he won the Camp Carnival Dance contest the very first night.... this is one sweaty happy kid!

(Btw, at 13 now, he wouldnt be caught DEAD participating in a dance contest!)

1146077259046657171S600x600Q85.jpg

My best photo?

This set was funny. As I was walking off the ship, guy trys to sell me a $4.00 underwater camera (He says it takes GREAT photos)...I buy it and think to myself "Yeah right". Keep in mind I had been shooting all week with my $500 digital camera that makes it impossible to take a bad picture (I'm all thumbs)

My wife jumped in the water off of the float at Cozumel Chankanaab park... I closed my eyes and snapped the camera knowing that I probably got nothing in my shot...all I could see was bubbles.

Not only did we get great vivid colors under the water, but the sunlight, and mirror refection of the water's surface in the 3rd photo, was fantastic for this cheap camera (sorry this is a scan of the original photos, and the copy loses some of its sharpness and color)

PS... my 40+ year old wife liked the way her body looks more toned in the water (no gravity). As a hack photographer, I have to admit that was another aspect that made these photos so much fun :D;)

Jumpinthewaterlarge.jpg

Noice :D

It's impossible to pick a favorite, though I really did try.

Here's a picture of Dunn's River Falls taken before we started climbing:

ry%3D320

And this is the same day tubing a beautiful river in Ocho Rios:

ry%3D320

And last one. This is truly my REAL all time favorite, but it's not on Carnival. This picture just sums up my cruise experience. We had just returned from a day at Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and the sun was about to set, and that "feeling" took over... you know, that this is the way the world was meant to be and we feel so lucky because God has given us a glimpse of heaven. I realize it won't have meaning to anybody else...but to me it is priceless. :o ry%3D320

Hey Erin,

I TOTALLY understand your thoughts! I think it my be my love for Jamaica, the falls and my husband (save the best for last). I have had many moments like you are mentioning....life is good. It has been over 20 years with my love of life and each day is better then the last....your post is beautiful!

These pictures are wonderful and I am sure they each bring back great memories. We are all so blessed to have had the chance to see these beautiful sites outside of magazines. Some of the photos take my breath away, they are so awesome.

I love your quote!!!!! How true it is

Here is Here I Am's Quote,

If you're on a cruise and the employees who are working are in a better mood than you, you're doing something terribly wrong.

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Ok, my boss is wondering why I'm crying at work! Thank you so much for sharing your story and your picture. How inspiring!!!!

I'm absolutly loving this thread, thanks guys. I hope to add some amazing (and maybe accidentally awe inspiring) shots of my own in less than 40 days!

I appreciate all the kind comments on my sister's story. Her survival was remarkable in itself, but she had really fallen into a depression after coming home from rehab. She NEVER left her house (and she lives down country dirt roads in FL) did not socialize, did not drive, just sat and read...day in and day out. For whatever reason, the swim with the dolphins not only sparked something deep inside her that day, she has "taken the ball and run with it" so to speak. As soon as we got home, she started making changes. She drove herself to doctors appointments, picked her girls up from school, attended her daughters events and started getting out of her house. AND, she is taking care of our mother who had surgery yesterday.....she can't do a lot of things still, but she now knows there are a lot of things she CAN do! I wrote a nice letter to the folks at Chankanaab national park when I got home, thanking them for giving my sister the chance to try that day. I have posted on the Cozumel boards too when people ask if it is too difficult to do the swim. And lastly.......I cannot tell you how wonderful the people on these boards are. I had people in my roll call that I had not even met yet praying for my sister during those difficult months. I have learned much about cruising from my visits to cruise critic, but even more about how wonderful and caring most people on here are.