Favorite Picture of All Time

ALA others at International pier, Cozumel. After a couple of "to-go" cups from Panchos Backyard.

To answer a previous question. Cozumel has 3 piers. This is the old Intl pier away from down town. It was destroyed by a Hurricane in 2004 or 2005? In the process of being rebuilt last time we were there.

211793204_974b9f9168.jpg

Sorry to laugh but this one is HILARIOUS! Was he really sleeping???

Guest carlogesualdo

I've been told some of the best snorkeling is in Roatan. Here's the evidence.

This is our view of Roatan from our balcony

HPIM1280.jpg

This is our view of Roatan from our balcony

HPIM1280.jpg

We've been to Roatan, and I don't remember the dock being like that.

Not that they couldn't have built a new one, I guess, but the water doesn't look like a deep enough blue to indicate a depth necessary for a ship.

Beautiful photo, though.

Nice pics, I noticed all your staterooms are first class... you must be rich:D

I used an Olympus 770SW:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1287

I upgraded from a slightly older model for that cruise, as our 4/07 Glory sailing TOOK THE LIFE of my previous underwater Olympus: I was snorkeling off of St. John and reached into my swim trunk pocket and managed to OPEN one of the watertight "doors" on the camera. I did not realize it until I looked at my LCD screen underwater and saw WATER inside the camera. Saltwater + electronics = corroded junk.... :(

Heading back in a few weeks, and will be MUCH more careful!!

Tom

Y'all do realize that there's a board dedicated for photos, right? I've been known to waste much time over there just browsing through all the beautiful ship, scenery & people pics.

This isn't the best photo ever (it was taken by one of the guides) but I'm posting it because it sums up, to me, what a vacation is all about. Having fun!

2927079110102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Our other photos can be viewed here...

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

Edit: oh, it's (obviously) the Horseback Ride & Swim excursion in Grand Turk, Carnival Miracle, December, 2007.

Some day, when I'm bored, I'll go dig out my older cruise photos and upload them all to Webshots, too.

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

We've been to Roatan, and I don't remember the dock being like that.

Not that they couldn't have built a new one, I guess, but the water doesn't look like a deep enough blue to indicate a depth necessary for a ship.

Beautiful photo, though.

They are in the process of building a new facility there. I was there in May and can attest to the water being that blue on the other side of the pier.

2673131690064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't know if this is my FAVORITE because there are too many. I can't even follow my own rules!

But there is something about this picture that leaves me in awe each time I look at it.

How the water can be so icy and cold yet there can be so much lush greenery on the mountains. Oxymoronic? No, just beautiful.

I don't know if I can upload directly, but hopefully this link works.

Radiance of the Seas, Alaska 2008

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=Alegeeter&P=756B&AID=5102789&IID=182300365

The beach at Tulum.

Your pic is beautiful. We are thinking of taking this tour- but we will be docking in Cozumel and have heard that the trip is long.

Where did you dock when you took this tour? If from Cozumel, what did you think of the commute?

thanks

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

What a wonderful story!

Brought tears to my eyes this morning.

You have to understand how uncomfortable DW is in the water! :p She was willing to try snorkeling in Cozumel....didn't go real well!

I am positive this is the first and absolutely the last picture I'll ever take of her with her face under water! :o

2025797349_9fce21a069.jpg

They are in the process of building a new facility there. I was there in May and can attest to the water being that blue on the other side of the pier.

2673131690064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

That is DEFINITELY a different dock than when we were there.

I noted on the photo (that I commented on) that there was a set of steps going down to the water....do they actually allow people to go into the water on the other side of the dock from the ship?!!??