Post your favorite picture from Alaska thread

SFAM

I did not post a review of our trip, that you planned, thank you. I am not much for reviews. Suffice it to say that I loved our trip although in the future I don't think we'll bother with the cruise part. The weather was absolutely perfect the whole 2 weeks with no rain except the day we drove from Healy to Anchorage so who cares. The B&B's you recommended were all great and the glacier landing was the highlight of our trip. We didn't see much in the way of spectacular wildlife although my sister and brother-in - law had a grizzly pretty much on the bus with them in Denali. Joan

It is a couple of slugs coupling. :rolleyes:

Oh thank you Peggy for asking...I kind of thought they were slugs and they are probably HUGE...I saw the biggest slugs I have ever seen in Seattle...and UGH...or at least if you step on one...:eek: Ohhhhh but didn't realize what they were doing...LOL =)

I did not post a review of our trip, that you planned, thank you. I am not much for reviews. Suffice it to say that I loved our trip although in the future I don't think we'll bother with the cruise part. The weather was absolutely perfect the whole 2 weeks with no rain except the day we drove from Healy to Anchorage so who cares. The B&B's you recommended were all great and the glacier landing was the highlight of our trip. We didn't see much in the way of spectacular wildlife although my sister and brother-in - law had a grizzly pretty much on the bus with them in Denali. Joan

Wonderful - glad to hear all went well!

Did it look like this?

i155.jpg

Hey Codex...well it actually was a little bit more "slimy"...and not so yellow...but yeah kind of like that....LOL

I see you live in Lincoln, CA...small world. DH and I just moved from there last April...after we retired...and no we didn't live in Sun City. And I know exactly where that banna slug came from been to that campus several times. :)

Awesome pics! Where was the hot spring?

We went To the town of Baranof which has 1 full time resident and some summer homes, a small general store and just more magnificent scenery. We took our skiff to the dock and went on a two mile hike up a mountain with spectacular waterfalls and vistas, we ended our hike at hot springs which we were able to go in and relax the ships crew hiked with us to point out what we were looking at and they were there at the hot springs with champagne and sparkling cider for the kids servings as we soaked in the hot springs.

Hey Codex...well it actually was a little bit more "slimy"...and not so yellow...but yeah kind of like that....LOL

I see you live in Lincoln, CA...small world. DH and I just moved from there last April...after we retired...and no we didn't live in Sun City. And I know exactly where that banna slug came from been to that campus several times. :)

:D I was hoping someone would find that picture funny. It is a small world. I'm always surprised to hear people have heard of Lincoln, let alone live(d) there. It's such a small little town. I know there are two more Lincoln residents on this board now (docM3 and Druke I). They're Sun City, but I'm not quite seasoned enough to be allowed there.

Great thread!

1 - Waterfall at Mendenhall Glacier. You can see the scale due to the people in front.

2 - Valley on drive up to Emerald Lake from Skagway. It was mid-May and snow was all around. You can see the railroad track about 2/3 back.

3 - Boulder next to lake in the middle of Misty Fjords.

Waterfall.jpg.c671e8b3114a31fbd6b900ec848984c8.jpg

2003383395_SnowyValleyandRR.jpg.786e7592af07c6ab5167402a9d67c9ab.jpg

38400540_MistyFjordsLake.jpg.01e5acb3bbd541e9e00c25c92fd2777e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to send photo from Photobucket...unsuccessful thusfar. I'm willing to change to Webshots or Flickr if any of you think it's simpler. I would appreciate any help...well...step-by-step directions...l've been working for hours trying to figure out how to get the photo "out".

I took thousands of photos on my trip to AK in June. This one is a tester to see if it'll upload ( if it does then I'll post more). If you wish to see more of my shots, click on the link in my signature - I'll upload a few more over the coming days.

To the OP, you will have a spectacular time... this place is magic.

Lisa. IMG%5D

Glacial Melt Pool - Juneau, June 08

Glacialmeltpool-JuneauAlaskaJune08-.jpg

Glacier Bay June 08

glacierbayJune08-web.jpg

Whale Tail - Sitka, June 08

Sitka-whaletail1-web.jpg

Sitka scenery, June 08

Sitka-Alaska082-web.jpg

IMG%5D

kk-l, I posted using photobucket and it took me a few goes to figure it out too.

Heres what I did.

go to your image in photobucket and click on the image code. Don't right click. Just a regular single click. (this bit is the important bit)

then return to your posting page and don't use the insert image icon.

Just right click after your text about where it is and it will appear in image brackets.

Do a test with the 'preview post' button and your photos should appear.

One tip - make sure your photos are no larger than about 650/700 or they will appear too large ( like my first one :o)

Good luck... can't wait to see your shots.

Lisa. :)

This the Susitna River where it merges with fresh water streams. The milky looking water is actually glacier melt so it picks up dirt and sand as it melts. The density in the waters is different, so they never mix...they just run next to each other.

jfc6mf.jpg

We actually got to see Mt. McKinley the first night we were at the Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge. Evidently it's pretty rare to see it, so we were some of the lucky ones! This picture was taken from the balcony of the main lodge and what you can't see are the close to 100 other people crammed against the rail getting the same picture. I just have a regular Sony DigiCam, so it's not the best quality, but I still got the picture!

29y5mk3.jpg

Ok, I had to put in my 2 cents. Here are a few of my favorite pics from our recent trip. 1st pic is in Fairbanks, 2nd pic - from our deck at the Denali Princess lodge, early in the am, 3rd - Galcier Bay, Margerie Glacier and last pic is cruising into Vancouver almost at the Lion's Gate Bridge. Everyone has been posting great pics. I love to see them.

Fairbanks.jpg

Fairbanks1.jpg

Fairbanks2.jpg

Fairbanks3.jpg

Thought I would post one of my favorite pics from our cruise two weeks ago:

WOW! That's great Cincy Gal!:) And that was even the $1 machine. Did your winnings pay for your cruise? What night of the cruise did you hit the lucky numbers?

Archived