Post your favorite picture from Alaska thread

SFAM

Hi ~ these are awesome pictures, getting me ready for my 8/09 cruise. Is it possible that the pictures can show up in the thread rather than clicking on a link and then having to click again to get back to the thread?

Just a thought.

Is it possible that the pictures can show up in the thread rather than clicking on a link and then having to click again to get back to the thread?

Just a thought.

Most of the pictures should show up in the message, at least they do on my computer using Vista and Internet Explorer. Occasionally people put links to a webpage such as Webshots so that you can see more pictures. Also, people have links in their signatures to their pictures.

It is a couple of slugs coupling. :rolleyes:

Do you guys wait all day and look for this stuff? Ya just haveta wonder about the American psyche. Give the slugs...a break.

Alaskan politics...and life in general...certain things are just off limits.

Do you guys wait all day and look for this stuff? Ya just haveta wonder about the American psyche. Give the slugs...a break.

Alaskan politics...and life in general...certain things are just off limits.

What is this "Do not judge ... lest you be judged" comment in your edit? I am not judging anyone nor am I commenting on Alaska politics and I resent your implication that I am being judgmental.

BTW, I am not the one who took the picture!

Judy...the comment was meant in jest. I'm sorry it was misunderstood.

That's what emoticons are for - to show the facial expression that you can't see in an impersonal email. Email (and forums) are great but comments can easily lead to misunderstandings, as was the case this time. And I read it before my OJ in the morning!:eek:

What a beautiful picture of Hubbard Glacier calving! thanks for sharing it with us--guess I'll have to take the time to look at your other pictures!:D

Thanks Sandy, glad you enjoyed it. I like your photos as well. Nice shot you have of Margerie glacier calving. Must have been loud!

Ron

Thanks Sandy, glad you enjoyed it. I like your photos as well. Nice shot you have of Margerie glacier calving. Must have been loud!

Ron

Thanks, Ron, for your kind words, but my photos are not nearly as beautiful as yours, but I just use my little Canon Power Shot, which does just fine for my wonderful memories of our Alaska cruises!

What type of camera do you use? Your pictures look very professional!:)

Thanks, Ron, for your kind words, but my photos are not nearly as beautiful as yours, but I just use my little Canon Power Shot, which does just fine for my wonderful memories of our Alaska cruises!

What type of camera do you use? Your pictures look very professional!:)

You are welcome Sandy. And don't underestimate your photos or your camera. Beauty is an absolute, one type of beauty is no more so then another :) It;s the photographer who makes the photo, not the camera!

There is a Pulitzer prize winning photographer who uses a bunch of Olympus point and shoots to capture his images. I think his work doesn't suffer for the kind of camera he uses :D

I use Canon digital slr camera bodies. These were taken with a Canon 1DMark2N. More important then the camera body is the lens.

I have done professional work, but now it's more a hobby. Much better that way.

Ron

• 5 months later...

Archived