Post your favorite picture from Alaska thread

SFAM

I am adding Sitka on my list of next times. .

We loved Sitka. It is so much different from the other major ports. It doesn't seem nearly as touristy. The scenery there is quite varied and beautiful. We look forward to going back sometime.

2066407170103832154LsXovd_th.jpg

2382033020103832154GIYjkG_th.jpg

2283847580103832154YYpMYn_th.jpg

I couldn't pick just one. The first is a part of Margerie Glacier that appeared to be glowing from within. The second is a black bear that shared the road with us on our way back to Skagway from Emerald Lake. And the mama moose and baby were walking along the road near our fishing cabin on the Kenai Peninsula. I love Alaska!

P.S. How did you all get bigger size pictures in your post? I followed the directions for linking from webshots, but this is all I got. Couldn't seem to change the size no-how, no-way.

I am adding Sitka on my list of next times. . .

I am loving looking at everyone's gorgeous pictures. . .:)

We've only done one cruise, but we fell in love with Sitka so much that we limited our choices for the second cruise to those who stopped at Sitka (Finally settled on the Carnival Spirit). If there was any place I'd think about dropping everything and moving to, it would be Sitka.

2066407170103832154LsXovd_th.jpg

2382033020103832154GIYjkG_th.jpg

2283847580103832154YYpMYn_th.jpg

P.S. How did you all get bigger size pictures in your post? I followed the directions for linking from webshots, but this is all I got. Couldn't seem to change the size no-how, no-way.

Webshots give you a choice of size for the picture that you copy. I choose 600 and then copy the code in the bottom box (for a forum). This gives you a picture the size of my pictures above. I hope this helps. Great pictures, BTW!

P7160428.jpg?t=1217692479

Sawtooth Mountain Rainforest in Skagway

devil's club. when falling down a hill in southeast, there will only be one thing available to grab hold of.

picking out the spines gives you something to do in the evening when there's no tv in camp. the usual technique is to let them fester for a couple of days, then pop them with a needle and the spine will shoot out.

but we don't have snakes or poison ivy/oak.

Gointostpete, your pictures are even better larger. I'm glad my suggestions helped. It took me a while to figure it out too. :o We,ve never seen a moose in all our trips to Alaska, much less a mom and her calf. What a great shot. How about putting a link to ALL your pictures in your signature.

So where are his best shots? We want to see! We want to see!

Stay tuned...we returned with 2600+ photos and we're going through them. I also need to get set up with an online site so I can post them here!

My first thought was "what bears?" Then I finally saw them! How on earth did you ever spot them in the first place?

The driver on our Denali shuttle bus asked if there were any hunters or birdwatchers aboard. Several people raised their hand. He said that both groups are the best wildlife spotters in his experience. Good call, the people that raised their hands spotted wildlife that everyone else missed. Sometimes they had to visually guide everyone ("Just below and to the right of the clump of trees") before anyone else spotted them!

Some pictures from years ago

Portage Lake before the glacier retreated

Orthodox graveyard, Unalaska, Aleutian Islands

unalaskagraveyard.jpg

Orthodox church and priest's house, Unalaska

I just love this shot--lots of mood to it. I know it is not upbeat, but a nice capture! Great job!

Paul

I love this thread and seeing everyones terrific pictures. Its hard to narrow down my favorites to just one or two, but here they are. Was going to include Tracy Arm, but Kelly's are fabulous so I'll add something different to the thread. Couldn't figure out how to just add the pictures into the window though :cool:

Eagle.jpg.baf8a2d3097dc3b7651d26000518012c.jpg

sealion.jpg.d6f51a6f468a3a9d61695eaceab76d3a.jpg

McKinley.JPG.fe3d70d3a4deec6faaf364c2776bd62e.JPG

I love this thread and seeing everyones terrific pictures. Its hard to narrow down my favorites to just one or two, but here they are. Was going to include Tracy Arm, but Kelly's are fabulous so I'll add something different to the thread. Couldn't figure out how to just add the pictures into the window though :cool:

I love your Eagle photo and would love to see your Tracy Arm photos also..You know..10 people can photograph the same object and all 10 photos will look different..:)

Haven't gone through all my photos yet, but so far, this one is my favorite

Humpback whale Juneau Alaska

It's from our whale watch with Capt Larry and Orca Enterprises.

Wow! I'd love to see something like that. Great shot!

Archived