I think I booked my flight too close to sail time

rickyshell

I know I should have booked the day before but due to frequent flier points and also scheduling with children, etc. I am scheduled to get into Orlando International at 12:45....take the Disney transportation to the boat. Disney says we have to be on by 3 p.m. I do believe.

I am now stressing myself out over this and it is 50 bucks a ticket to change our plans....however, no earlier flight.....so I am stressing over something I cannot do anything about.

WOWWW is me!!!!

If there is no earlier flight, and you feel uncomfortable with the current itinerary, what about flying in a day early? The $60 change fee may be a small price to pay (plus any other applicable change-related fees).

I know I should have booked the day before but due to frequent flier points and also scheduling with children, etc. I am scheduled to get into Orlando International at 12:45....take the Disney transportation to the boat. Disney says we have to be on by 3 p.m. I do believe.

I am now stressing myself out over this and it is 50 bucks a ticket to change our plans....however, no earlier flight.....so I am stressing over something I cannot do anything about.

WOWWW is me!!!!

WOW! is right it's to close.

1. call Disney check boarding time.

2. if you miss the Disney transportation are there taxis, car service to the port.

3. If you have a lot of luggage tag them with someting so they are spotted quickly i.e. a red ribbon on all the handles.

4. make sure everyone goes to the bathroom before plane lands

5. have everything ready to go when the plane lands.

6. explain to everyone including children that you have to move quickly and why.

Good luck

Where are you coming from?

Do you have to make a connection?

What time of year are you doing this?

Can you do this trip with only carry on luggage? ( I always do)

What airline are you traveling?

These are factors which will affect whether or not you make it.

Personally this would be way too stressful for me. I'd pay $50.00 per ticket and travel the day before. JMHO

I have friends who missed their ship in December. Ended up doing Disney World:rolleyes:.

You don't really provide enough information for anyone to help. I am reading you booked these tickets with FF miles, so I understand you have to take available flights. You don't name your departure airport or your airline.

If you can change your tickets to an earlier flight, or one the day before for $50 a ticket, isn't that less expensive then missing your cruise??

Rickyshell: What time is the latest Disney transportation will pick you up at the airport? I am sure there is a cut off for each cruise. As long as they still have transportation at around 1:30 or so you may be all right. It is 52 miles from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral. Maybe someone will answer who has had a similar situation. Good luck.

Disney says 'no problem' but there are postings elsewhere on CC about people who miss their cruise departure and end up with a DisneyWorld vacation instead.

Is that what you what?

To the Disney people that may be the truth behind 'no problem.'

Rickyshell, I agree, that is cutting it too close.

If you don't want to pay the extra for changing your flight, might I suggest - If your flight times change, and they might yet, the airline HAS to give you a different flight.

Have an alternate flight in mind when you call to reschedule.

Disney says no problem with the transportation.

I am leaving PA and connecting in Cincinatti. We are going the first week in November.

Thanks for everyones comments...I appreciate the thoughts.

I can't say how often family, friends, and me have been told "no problem" by travel companies and then discover the ugly reality. :eek:

A connection in November in CVG is a big risk factor. Have you considered weather? Either of your flights could be delayed due to airport, weather, or ATC issues.

Check www.flightstats.com If you enter in a flight number it will give the stats of how often the flight is on time, slightly delayed, severely delayed, and cancelled.

One encouraging thing...it sounds like you're taking Delta. They are notorious for changing flight times. If you're unwilling to proactively change to a better flight time, you can hope they change you to something unworkable. Then you can call and have them change you to a different flight since they made the original change. BTW, it's important that you check your flights every few days. Airlines have been bad about lack of notification when they change or cancel flights.

Sorry to be so vague but you don't provide enough information to be more specific.

Sorry to be so vague but you don't provide enough information to be more specific.

It's just amazing to me how many people post asking for help. Then we never hear from them again.

Often, I feel like we are preaching to an empty church.

I am leaving PA and connecting in Cincinatti. We are going the first week in November.

Well, I guess that we've given all the help we can for flights from all of Pennsylvania, for an entire week, at times we don't know.

Maybe the poster is afraid that we're just a bunch of stalkers....we'll go to the airport and look for their cruise tag on the carryons and who knows what!! So it all stays shrouded in vague mystery.

Well, I guess that we've given all the help we can for flights from all of Pennsylvania, for an entire week, at times we don't know.

Maybe the poster is afraid that we're just a bunch of stalkers....we'll go to the airport and look for their cruise tag on the carryons and who knows what!! So it all stays shrouded in vague mystery.

What is really strange is the CVG connection. Type in any search engine. Try to find a flight from CVG to MCO that ARRIVES at 12:45PM. One LEAVES CVG at 12:45. Maybe I missed it, but I sure can't find any flight from CVG that coordinates to that arrival time. AirTran/SW/JetBlue don't fly CVG, so that pretty well leaves it as a Delta flight. Anyone else???

It's just amazing to me how many people post asking for help. Then we never hear from them again.

Often, I feel like we are preaching to an empty church.

Give the OP a break. Maybe he can't surf the net all day (like the rest of us ; ) ) He responded back at 6:25 this morning. I realize it has now been about 10 hours but maybe he has something better to do (like a job).

Give the OP a break. Maybe he can't surf the net all day (like the rest of us ; ) ) He responded back at 6:25 this morning. I realize it has now been about 10 hours but maybe he has something better to do (like a job).

Posts 4, 5 and 6 asked for SPECIFIC information (including your post-#6). Then the OP posts in 7 (AFTER the questions) and gives PA for a departure airport, a connection in CVG and a date of the "first week in November". NO one could help with that information.

PS: I have a full time job, as do most of us that post regularly on this forum.

quote=kenish

A connection in November in CVG is a big risk factor. Have you considered weather? Either of your flights could be delayed due to airport, weather, or ATC issues.

While I believe the OP is cutting it too close, I can't imagine why you would say that about CVG. What makes you think November is a big risk factor? I live in Cincinnati and the weather in November is pretty much like late September and October - really nice. We've only had two early freak snowfalls in the past 30 years. Tornado season is over, there might be rain, but nothing that the rest of the mid-west doesn't experience. Our weather doesn't get crappy until the end of January. February can be a bear.

1. Delta has changed our flights already and we are arriving at 12:45 now. KENISH-thanks for the web site to check the airline status, I appreciate that.

2. I am leaving from Harrisburg PA.

3. My feelings are hurt from the way some of you people have spoken to me and really make me sorry I even posted.

I am sorry if I took up your valuable time without posting back every few minutes, I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you and from here on out please ignore me if I decide to ever come back....and to think I felt welcome on my first few posts.

rickyshell - please don't be offended by rude posters. Some people have nothing better to do with their time than be sarcastic and make others feel small. These boards are a great place to gather information - just remember, it is an open forum and all types post - ignore the stupid people. Hope you come back. ( Please don't judge friendly debates or differences in opinions in the same light as personal attacks - and you will see both here. )

1. Delta has changed our flights already and we are arriving at 12:45 now. KENISH-thanks for the web site to check the airline status, I appreciate that.

2. I am leaving from Harrisburg PA.

3. My feelings are hurt from the way some of you people have spoken to me and really make me sorry I even posted.

I am sorry if I took up your valuable time without posting back every few minutes, I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you and from here on out please ignore me if I decide to ever come back....and to think I felt welcome on my first few posts.

Please don't be offended. No one was trying to hurt your feelings. You asked for information. We were all trying to help. There were specific questions that needed to be answered-airport, dates, and flight times. We were all left guessing to try to answer your questions. And you posted AFTER specific questions were asked. When you did not answer the specific questions, we are helpless to try to help you. Then we get blasted-NOT FAIR!!!

As Mek said, please don't be offended by rude posters. Way too many of them have way too much time on their hands and are known for dumb, unfeeling posts on these boards.

Hope you continue to post questions and wait for good answers to those questions on these threads. DH & I were once new on this site as well a few years ago. I can't tell you how much great info we have gleaned from Cruise Critic threads over the past few years, information we would never have discovered if we had left the CC site after a couple of stupid posts to our questions that.

Ask me a quetion anytime and I will give you the best answer I can. No strings attached and no stupid replies coming from DH & I.

Dianne

Please don't be offended. No one was trying to hurt your feelings. You asked for information. We were all trying to help. There were specific questions that needed to be answered-airport, dates, and flight times. We were all left guessing to try to answer your questions. And you posted AFTER specific questions were asked. When you did not answer the specific questions, we are helpless to try to help you. Then we get blasted-NOT FAIR!!!

My sentiments exactly....we still don't know the dates you are traveling, nor the flight numbers/times. Yet we get blasted for pointing out the lack of input.

These questions are relevant. Sometimes, flights only operate on certain days of the week. For example, there is a DL connection from MDT through CVG to MCO that arrives in MCO at 10:54am. But it doesn't operate every day of the week. So, how can we give you good advice without knowing the whole story?

The world runs on specifics, not generalities. There are facts, probabilities and outcomes. Wishes, hopes and maybes are not reality.

I guess we have to try to figure out those who genuinely want information (and will give it to receive it) and those that just want a warm fuzzy confirmation of their situation. No offense is intended, but you get back in response what you submit for consideration.

• 3 months later...

I am back from my cruise and all went well. All flights were on time and we were quite easily on the ship before 3 p.m. They continually changed our take off time and landing time up until a few days before the cruise...but it all worked out in the end.

Thanks for the followup and it sounds like you had a great trip. Another peeve is "hit and runs" where the person has a problem, a lot of help or advice is given free gratis by others, and the OP is never heard from again. So thanks again; I'm sure everyone appreciates your "closure".

Archived