Tampa Information

yogimax

Sorry for just jumping in here but it seems that this is the type of question that can be answered here. We will be arriving at the airport in Tampa on Easter Sunday morning. We dont want to pack wine in our suitcases for the cruise. Is there a shop open(Easter mind you) where we could purchase a bottle near the ship? Thanks.

Sorry for just jumping in here but it seems that this is the type of question that can be answered here. We will be arriving at the airport in Tampa on Easter Sunday morning. We dont want to pack wine in our suitcases for the cruise. Is there a shop open(Easter mind you) where we could purchase a bottle near the ship? Thanks.

I would imagine the big chain places will be open that day. Both ABC and Total Wine have stores on Dale Mabry, very close to I-275, just about right on the path from the airport to the cruise port.

Wine is also sold at about all of the grocery stores in Florida (they also sell beer, but not hard liquor).

There is a wine shop in the Channelside complex, right beside the cruise terminal; I don't know if they will be open on Easter but next time I'm down that way I'll ask.

Thanks, SeaPa1, I'll check back here at a later time to see what you found out!

I didn't end up down there this past weekend, but probably will this coming weekend (if not, I'll definitely be in the area for a meeting next Monday night & will try to find out then).

Please note I was not able to check a case of water on 1-8 while boarding the Inspiration at the port of Tampa. I had to forefit or carry it on I carried it on.

In The past I had put a luggage tag on it and checked it just an FYI!

I have booked a room precruise at the the Quality Inn on Dale Manbry.

They will pick us up at the airport and then take us to the port for I believe it was 20.00

Good place to stay?

Frustrated with trying to find hotels - apparently none do transportation airport AND Port?

thanks!

I believe the Sailport will provide free transportation within a few mile radius.

Mark

Does Sailport no longer offer the packages which include a shuttle service to the Port of Tampa?

I would swear they've offered this in the past.

There are several restaurants to choose from in the Rocky Point area that are within walking distance, but be careful if you do choose to walk because it isn't necessarily the most pedestrian friendly place.

We are staying at the Sailport... and there is no shuttle service to the Cruise Port... But I emailed Tampa Bay Shuttle and was told it would be $11 per person to get to the Pier. Does anyone know if a taxi would be less $$?

How many people? Cab would probably be $20 to $25.

I called the Sailport and they do airport transfers and local shuttles within a few miles, but NO pier shuttles

Mark

My bad... :o

My memory confused shuttle service with free parking for the week. SailPort does offer a rate which includes parking for your vehicle at the hotel for the duration of the cruise.

Holiday Inn at Rocky Pointe offers a rate which includes transport to & from airport and cruise terminal, a night at the hotel, hot breakfast, and using hotel facilities upon return until it's time to go to the airport. I heard this from people who had stayed there as recently as November.

I've heard similar packages offered by the Howard Johnson, Best Western, and Hilton locations near the Westshore district.

Some Tampa help please. Arriving late (after midnight) night before cruise. Need a place to stay close to airport or port or somewhere in between. I am thinking it through way too much. :confused: Would like there to be some type of store to buy wine and soda withing walking distance. Had thought about Best Western, but seems to be north of airport. Looks like there is a walmart close to it. Would that be long taxi ride to port?

Any input would be great.

Archived