Junk Mail

cgsample

After cruising last summer, Princess has been filling my mailbox with junk mail. Today I receive a Princess Visa card application. What this means to me is that Princess has sold my information to Visa!

They lost my future business.

After cruising last summer, Princess has been filling my mailbox with junk mail. Today I receive a Princess Visa card application. What this means to me is that Princess has sold my information to Visa!

They lost my future business.

What makes you think Princess sold your information to Visa? They're offering a loyalty Visa credit card and it's through Princess, not Visa. In actuality, the card is through Barclay's Bank but that's neither here nor there. You are a Princess customer so they have the right to send you mailings from Princess. If you don't want to receive mailings from Princess, call and let them know.

Not necessarily.

As Pam said, Princess offers cruise rewards via their Princess Rewards Card. It basically a "frequent cruiser" card. So it makes perfect sense that they would send an offer for this card to their past passengers.

you really would not cruise again because of a mailing? Wow do you handle all your business this way. Good luck..
I think the OP was incensed that they thought Princess had sold his name to Visa rather than taking a better look at the offer and realizing it came from Princess and not Visa. Princess, and other legitimate businesses and marketers, do not sell a customer's name without their permission.

Unsolicited email from reputable companies generally have a link or instructions at the bottom for removing your email address from their list.

In general it is a terrible idea to click on a link in an unsolicited email. However, when it's from a reputable company with which you have done business, clicking on the 'remove' link is generally safe.

If the OP has registered with the Princess web site a better solution is to sign-in to My Princess, click on the My Profile link (under Personal Profile on the right side), scroll to the bottom of the first page (Contact details) and check the No box for all Contact Preferences (Telephone, Mail, E-mail). Then click on the SAVE button at the bottom. This is what I did after receiving a few emails from Princess and they have been very good at respecting my wishes.

Haha, I GET A LOT TOO!! Sometimes they will send me the same email 3 times.

Well, thank god for the delete button, otherwise I might really let this get to me..lol...

Sorry you wont be cruising w/ princess anymore! But, goodluck not getting junk mail from any other cruise company if you decide to give them your email....from now on just have an email for junk that you sign up for online and a personal one....

Geez.. You made the same post 11 months ago... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

From the OP's September 19th, 2007 post..

"Since my one and only cruise with Princess, my mailbox has been overrun by cruising/vacationing junk mail (SPAM). Not just from Princess. :mad:"

"Since my one and only cruise with Princess, my mailbox has been overrun by cruising/vacationing junk mail (SPAM). Not just from Princess. :mad:"

Thought that sounded familiar:p

There must be a shared database of some sort. I too get mailings from all cruise lines all the time. When I sailed QM2 I started to get mailing from other luxury lines. So the data is out there somewhere. I dont mind the mail at all, it gives me good information on the various lines and sailings.

But this is true of may situations. I remember a few years ago when I looked into a re finance on my house my phone began to ring non stop with offers... Now that was annoying. Today I have a block on my credit reports so not just anyone can run a report on me and it really limits the amount of junk mail credit offers I receive.

I can handle all the cruiselines emails. What I cant handle is all the mail Princess sends me via snail mail.

In the past we have received 3 pcs of mail for each mailing.

I called the Princess # to ask that some of it be removed--I'd be happy to receive one of each. Guess what-? we now get 6 mails for each mailing.

how do we get those to stop? any special # to call?

Guess we will here back from the OP again in July 2009. :eek:

I can handle all the cruiselines emails. What I cant handle is all the mail Princess sends me via snail mail.

In the past we have received 3 pcs of mail for each mailing.

I called the Princess # to ask that some of it be removed--I'd be happy to receive one of each. Guess what-? we now get 6 mails for each mailing.

how do we get those to stop? any special # to call?

maybe you're getting my mail?! ever since i booked my last cruise, i've gotten nothing-no email, no snail mail, nothing. they probably figure i can't afford another one yet, so why bother sending me something!:D

maybe that's what the op should do: book an expensive trip!

I like getting snail mail stuff from the cruise companies. A bit like a lotto ticket, I like to think what it be like to win/go on them all :p

But for some reason I get a ton of junk mail from Princess's sister company Holland America even though we've never sailed with them. (We're in our late 40's too!!! :eek: ) I'd say HAL is even with all the rest of the other guys combined... (We get stuff from Carnival, RCL, NCL, Princess and a bunch of land base guys.... and still HAL matches them

I guess we meet some sort of demographic at World Cruises or what ever the mother company is called

on the topic of the Princess credit card, Is it really a worth while card to have? I havent done much research on it but Im curious to see what the rewards are like. I mean how many points do you get for every dollar spent? how many points for a free cruise? Is it worth while? My wife and I use our Chase credit card for almost everything imaginable just to get the flier miles. We have a ton of miles accumulated. But is seems lately, its too much trouble to book a reward flight. There are too many restrictions. We are thinking about switching to the Princess card. But only if its worth while.

any thoughts?

on the topic of the Princess credit card, Is it really a worth while card to have? I havent done much research on it but Im curious to see what the rewards are like. I mean how many points do you get for every dollar spent? how many points for a free cruise? Is it worth while? My wife and I use our Chase credit card for almost everything imaginable just to get the flier miles. We have a ton of miles accumulated. But is seems lately, its too much trouble to book a reward flight. There are too many restrictions. We are thinking about switching to the Princess card. But only if its worth while.

any thoughts?

We got a card right after they became available and have been able to enjoy the "rewards" onboard our last two cruises.;)

It'll take a while to get to the free cruise or airfare discounts but you can get stuff onboard like - spa treatments, wine, champagne, flowers, gifts and special occasion packages. Rather than designate a certain thing we usually get OBC.

It works for us. Here's the link. Once there click on the Princess Points link to see the rewards

Princess Visa

Must be Ron. Here is another famous post from May 07

"Sailing the Sun Princess next month on my 1st cruise.

I know alcohol costs extra. Read that sodas do too. Now I'm reading ice cream and coffee is an extra charge? Also heard there's a steakhouse that charges?

What else should I expect to pay extra for after the thousands I've already paid?"

I consider Princess mail, "Readable Junk Mail" :cool:

I'd actually love to get some 'junk' mail from Princess (aside from the cruise docs that we're expecting any day now:D ). Seriously, we get tons of stuff from all the other lines, but not much of anything from Princess. I wonder if it's because we book through a TA? Princess has our address, but we have to do to a cruise show for new brochures and this is our 8th cruise with the line.

It's just really curious how some folks get stuff and others don't.

Archived