Solstice - did you find your cabin?

Duanerice1

Particularly for all of you who booked cabins on the other side of the ship I was at the shipyard two hours ago. The Celebrity Solstice was shining in the sunlight and I was allowed to step on the visitors platform which is usually closed.

Anyhow here is the direct link to the new album of cruiseship-gallery.de:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=89

Andreas

Dear Andreas, when you next have your camera out could you please take a picture of the side aft (starboard) right about where the blue glass is for the restaurants - aft of Continental deck where there is that ladder hanging over the side about 4 cabins in. Would love you forever...!

Dear Andreas, when you next have your camera out could you please take a picture of the side aft (starboard) right about where the blue glass is for the restaurants - aft of Continental deck where there is that ladder hanging over the side about 4 cabins in. Would love you forever...!

I still can't tell by any of the pics posted unless I am doing something wrong whether the balconies on the last couple of cabins on deck 6,7 and 8 are larger. It appears that way in some of the deck plans-

If you look closely at some of the pictures of the port side on some of the pictures Andreas has shared with everyone you can see what I believe are the beds closer to the doors in various cabins. Mostly in the shots of the forward 1/3 of the ship. It appears that they are consistent in columns of cabins that every other one has a bed near the doors and the others have a desk or table near the doors. For at least a few folks you can now make an educated guess as to who has which configurations.

Picture 19/26 is a good one.

Rich

We have 2B 7177 booked. We specifically wanted a stateroom where the bed is nearest the balcony, and the dressing table would be nearest the bathroom. When we first booked, we saw a drawing of that configuration, and didn't know that the beds would be any other way. Then, the announcement came that the stateroom configuration was staggered.

When we were on the Century, I (and DH) had a hard time going from the bathroom, to the open area of the dressing table/sitting area everyday, because of the narrow area between the bed and the wall. Since I use the dressing/sitting area to get ready, it makes more since to be nearer the bathroom for me. The stateroom seems more open that way, also.

I was waiting for someone to take the first sailing and see if I could find out how our stateroom was configured. Now with theses new photos, I can see that our stateroom will have the dressing table/sitting area near the balcony. :(

This is my theory. Every other stateroom also has a pull down bunk over a sofa/bed. I'll bet these staterooms have the bunk/sofa bed closest to the bathroom, so that the bunk doesn't interfere with the balcony door when it is pulled down. Although that's the configuration we would prefer, since we are only two persons, I don't think that Celebrity will let us move into a stateroom that holds more people. :rolleyes:

Hi neighbor we are in 1231 we choose that the day of the opening. Looking forward to meeting you.:o

Andreas the pictures are beautiful! Thanks so much. We will be watching for the pictures of the river Ems.

Joann and Bob

If you look closely at some of the pictures of the port side on some of the pictures Andreas has shared with everyone you can see what I believe are the beds closer to the doors in various cabins. Mostly in the shots of the forward 1/3 of the ship. It appears that they are consistent in columns of cabins that every other one has a bed near the doors and the others have a desk or table near the doors. For at least a few folks you can now make an educated guess as to who has which configurations.

Picture 19/26 is a good one.

Rich

Oh thank you so much! You are very right! I just looked at one of the pics blown up and YAY!!!!!! My cabin has it's bed by the balcony doors. You are also right in your belief that they are done in columns and staggered on each floor.

Thank you again Rich. :)

Now, if I can just get some info on the HC Cabins.

Andreas, Thanks so very much!!:)

Based on these pictures the lifeboats and tenders, especially the tenders, appear to partially obstruct the view from certain balcony cabins on the Continental deck. Therefore, I am going to assume that the lifeboats and tenders are not really in place yet.:rolleyes:

Oh thank you so much! You are very right! I just looked at one of the pics blown up and YAY!!!!!! My cabin has it's bed by the balcony doors. You are also right in your belief that they are done in columns and staggered on each floor.

Thank you again Rich. :)

Now, if I can just get some info on the HC Cabins.

Where did you find a blown up picture? I am trying to look to see the beds or tables and I can not see them.

i have aft cabins-9301/9303/9305/9307...do you think i should move them to 1243/1245/1247/1249? need advice asap, thanks

If the most important thing is a larger veranda to you I would change. But you will miss out on that great wake view.

If the most important thing is a larger veranda to you I would change. But you will miss out on that great wake view.

I agree, but at the same time I noticed there is no covering in the back and I am not really looking to fry in the sun, even though I love the aft.:eek:

I agree, but at the same time I noticed there is no covering in the back and I am not really looking to fry in the sun, even though I love the aft.:eek:

I'm trying to work out how they are going to finish off the aft cabins as I have one booked on Equinox. As they haven't yet put the balcony dividers in place, my feeling (and I could be wrong) is that when that is done they will also put a canopy over the top so as to give them more protection. Whilst those skips are in place they can't do much anyway.

Personally I'd keep what you have because I love the aft view and being able to see both sides of the ship. The balconies are going to be deep enough for stretching out on anyway from the pics I have seen and you will still have 9303/5 as adjoining so you'll be able to open the balcony divide up.

2431301740054958397S500x500Q85.jpg

It's fun speculating, isn't it?

Phil

It looks to me as though AQ1610 will have a deeper balcony and a little more privacy, due to the solid wall between it and the Royal Suite.

Do you think the solid wall will make the cabin more dark?

Because of the angled balcony of AQ1610, does anyone here think it will be a lot more windy, since the angle is pointing toward the bow? Thanks! ;)

It looks to me as though AQ1610 will have a deeper balcony and a little more privacy, due to the solid wall between it and the Royal Suite.

Do you think the solid wall will make the cabin more dark?

Because of the angled balcony of AQ1610, does anyone here think it will be a lot more windy, since the angle is pointing toward the bow? Thanks! ;)

Here's the link to Andreas' photo:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=10

OK, now after looking at the larger photo, I am not too sure I have the correct stateroom. Could someone that's good at Photoshopping, please number the cabin 7177 for me. :o

Sallie - How many are staying in your stateroom?

Not good with photoshop but look at this photo:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=89&pos=19

Your cabin is second level of cabins from the bottom, somewhere close to the back of the first tender / back of the blue scaffold. There is a person standing in the balcony of your room or a room very close to your room.

Thanks, but I needed the exact location, so i could see where the bed is. ;) The problem I am having, is being able to tell which is the last curving balcony. My cabin is 8 down from it.

OK, got it now.

From the front of the same picture, left side of the screen, go up two rows of balconies. There are three rooms with closed "curtains". The last of those (the one to the right) is the first of the noncurved cabins. Count that as #1 and go back eight leaves you with a cabin that has a bed by the window (assuming that those lines along the floor are part of the bed).

OK, got it now.

From the front of the same picture, left side of the screen, go up two rows of balconies. There are three rooms with closed "curtains". The last of those (the one to the right) is the first of the noncurved cabins. Count that as #1 and go back eight leaves you with a cabin that has a bed by the window (assuming that those lines along the floor are part of the bed).

Yep, I'd agree with that. Your cabin's patio door is open (or seems to be. Might be the light) and it looks like the bed is by the window.

2628333130054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

The picture increased in size is here (click on the magnifying glass icon under the picture):

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2628333130054958397EBzDnP

Phil

That last cabin with the curtains is what was messing me up. It looks like the balcony sticks out further in that photo, so i wasn't sure if it was considered part of the curve.

So, from your directions, my cabin is the one with the door opened...correct? And it does have a bed, which blows my theory about the bunks. I'm glad, but hope that's the way it will be when we arrive. :)

So, from your directions, my cabin is the one with the door opened...correct? And it does have a bed, which blows my theory about the bunks. I'm glad, but hope that's the way it will be when we arrive. :)

As best I can tell yes. Don't sue me if I am wrong though.:D

I'm trying to work out how they are going to finish off the aft cabins as I have one booked on Equinox. As they haven't yet put the balcony dividers in place, my feeling (and I could be wrong) is that when that is done they will also put a canopy over the top so as to give them more protection. Whilst those skips are in place they can't do much anyway.

Personally I'd keep what you have because I love the aft view and being able to see both sides of the ship. The balconies are going to be deep enough for stretching out on anyway from the pics I have seen and you will still have 9303/5 as adjoining so you'll be able to open the balcony divide up.

2431301740054958397S500x500Q85.jpg

It's fun speculating, isn't it?

Phil

I really do not think they will be adding any canopies to the aft...what you see is what you'll get. I put those 4 cabins on hold until sunday, in case I change my mind...any more thoughts>?

Obviously you need higher resolution photos to "have a look into your cabins". In the next days I don't have the chance to take new pictures but if the existing photos could be more helpful for you just tell me.

Here is one example for the highest possible size:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=15

Andreas

Obviously you need higher resolution photos to "have a look into your cabins". In the next days I don't have the chance to take new pictures but if the existing photos could be more helpful for you just tell me.

Here is one example for the highest possible size:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=15

Andreas

I can practically see the thread count of the sheets:D

Archived