Red Hat Society Anyone?

wesp

Hi:) I went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago and was having a drink in the bar....3 ladies walked in....had lovely purple and red on;) ....some were in the Red Society...some in the Purple....I believe at a certain age you still wear purple....not sure what age is supposed to be for "Officially Red"....anyway, they were meeting a group of about 20 for dinner.....they were having a blast:D

Lois,

We had a group from the Red Hats with us on the Sept. 18th Century cruise (ask TeeDee if she saw them). They wore some kind of red hat and purple outfit all week long (some even had this color combo for formal nights). They sure seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Bob 16_6_13.gif

In the community where I live we have an active Red Hat society. It is just a social thing. You must be over 50 to join. We do lunches and other get togethers. You put on something purple and a red hat and away you go. It is a lot of fun. We recently went to an outing in South Jersey where 1000 Red Hat Society ladies met for a day of entertainment and lunch. This whole thing started with a poem "When I grow old I shall wear purple" It is about being satisfied with yourself and not worrying about what others think. By the time you turn 50 you should be the best you are going to be and not worry about anything. Pat

Hopefully someone will find this funny. In Columbus, OH they decided to go to a mall to shop and then have a meal. However, since they were all dressed up the same, the mall security ordered them out. They were considered a "gang" LOL. Average age was about 60.

It was Polaris Fashion Mall back in February. It was strictly based on the mall's security rules about "gangs".

The terrorist thing did not come out until much later and the suspected malls were never identified although Polaris was one of the ones rumored about.

Usha...or what If a group of boyscouts came in? Or Brownies? Pick a group....

Nuns.....oh wait, what about the Swim team? LOL....all in their speedos? Oh geee....get them away...its a wet gang;)

They ordered a a group of 60 year old ladies out of the mall because they were all dressed the same?:eek: :rolleyes: ?

Hi,

I belong to the Red Hat Society. We have a great time. Under 50-lavender clothes and pink hat, over 50-purple clothes and red hat. We meet once a month for Happy Hour or dinner. Half of our group is going on a Rhone River cruise in November. I don't think we will be in uniform. Traveling undercover.

Debbie

I contacted the Red hat group nearest to my house, it was just 4 streets away, and I thought it would be great to join a "fun group".

Was told "you have to live in our gated community", I asked "why" and the answer was, "That way we know you will be compatable we do not want people who do not "fit in" with our kind of lifestyle"

Tried a second group her in town, also told by them I had to "live in certain area"

It seems that these groups are very restricted , if you do not live in the "right kind of house,(very expensive homes)" then you are not allowed to join.

Archived