Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

My fiance and I want to do a cruise wedding. I don't know where to begin as far as planning. do you get married on the ship is that better b/c of the food? Or is it better to get married off the ship? Next year 2010 is when we want to get married so we really need to get things moving. any suggestions you may have would really help.

thank you and congrads to you all!!!:)

You have a bunch of choices of how to do it, whether it's on one of the islands or the ship or somewhere by the port before you leave.....just depends on how big or small you want the wedding - how many people will be there - and how much you want to spend.

My fiance and I don't really want to spend our honeymoon with family or whoever else, so we're going down to Miami (from Jersey) a few days before the cruise and having a small ceremony on the beach. A handful of guests that were planning vacations to Disney or Miami anyway will be there. We'll probably have a small brunch with them (paid for by us) then head on our cruise that afternoon/evening.

We will probably plan a casual reception for home with all of the family and friends that couldn't make it.

We are planning on our wedding in Rome and then a 14 day transalantic cruise back to Florida. We are flying into Rome a week early to see the sights and start the planning, as a US citizen, you have to be in Italy 4 days prior to getting married. (Weird law, but that is their law)

Has anyone ever been to Rome? Any suggestions?

David and Rita

Hi All!

We are away to start planning on getting hitched on St Thomas on 31 March 2010 when Freedom of the Seas there. Will be very small affair with only my folks and my daughters!! A surprise for them!!:):D Have emailed a couple of wedding planners for price/details

Jackie:D

Hi Shaybear,

You're a carnival expert! Any advice on the Miracle or the Liberty??? I really wanted to go RCL but really want a St. Thomas wedding and has to be in June/July 2010 so I'm now expanding my search... any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone with experience with these ships!

KG - Can you please tell me more about the Miracle ship? Did you post a review somewhere? I really wanted RCL but the Miracle has a good itinerary and leaves from NY which is drivable from Montreal (where family and friends are!)

KG - Can you please tell me more about the Miracle ship? Did you post a review somewhere? I really wanted RCL but the Miracle has a good itinerary and leaves from NY which is drivable from Montreal (where family and friends are!)

No, I never did post an actual review. Overall, I really did like the cruise on the Miracle, but mostly because of the itinerary. My favorite part was that it was an 8 day cruise instead of the more typical 7 day-it makes a BIG difference having the extra day! I did like the ship, but I was still getting lost by the end of the week (keep in mind, nobody else in our group of 13 people had the same amount of trouble, I must just be bad w/ direction!) The dining room is a bit over the top, but I thought it was fun. In comparison to the other 2 cruises (They've only been RC so I don't have too much to compare to) the ship wasn't as "pretty" in my opinion. You may think completely differently. I did like that every area was decorated completely differently, though, whereas on RC, it's just kind of neutral and matching throughout. Now, I promise I don't go on cruises just to see the decor! :rolleyes: The rooms were very nice. The closets seemed bigger. We actually did an obstructed view balcony (5183 I think....) and it was great! We were right above where 2 life boats meet, so we could still see the water straight down and of course straight out. We got such a good deal on it-there was a resident rate special going on less than 2 months before. I think we paid ~$729pp for an 8 night cruise! I thought the food was pretty good, we never went hungry and Im an extremely picky eater! We both really liked the pizza-it's available 24 hours! To me, service is always great on a cruise because I don't have to cook, clean, do laundry, make my bed, etc...It's always wonderful! My only 2 complaints about the ship is that there was almost no night life on the ship (as I said before, it may have just been an off week). That also depends what you're looking for-we like to stay out fairly late (1-2am or later) and drink and dance and listen to good music. There was a great piano player in one of the bars early in the week, but then later in the week he would only play 30 seconds of a song and then would stop to talk to a group of ladies that were constantly sitting around that bar. My other complaint is the size of the ship. Now it's by no means a small ship-I think it was 90,000 tons. It seemed very narrow to me sometimes in comparison to the larger RC cruises. I also really like the idea of the promanade on RC, whereas the Miracle just doesn't have spaces like that. It's all very seperate (this isn't truly a complaint-the seperate areas were fine too, we just preferred the more open, connecting spaces-does that make sense!?!). All in all, you won't go wrong. The miracle offers MUCH better itineraries than most of the RC cruises we look at or have been on. It is a nice ship, and although I may sound picky in this review, I promise I'm not. I think pretty much any larger ship is wonderful when your sailing through the ocean and have no worries in the world! :) We're picking the Oasis not for the itinerary but for the ship. That itinerary you're looking at sounds absolutly amazing though. If I can figure out how, I will try to post some pics. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask away. I will say that there are people on the Carnival threads that LOVE this ship! That's part of the reason I never posted a review because if anybody says something even slightly negative about it they jump all over you!!! We really did have a wonderful vacation though. If I think of anything else, I'll post it

OK-one more post and then I promise I will stop!!! KT-what itinerary were you looking at? Here I am telling you it sounds amazing, and I was referring to somebody else's cruise that had been on here!!! I'm sorry! OK-I'll be quiet now.....:p

I'm in the process of planning an August 2010 wedding! We just started looking at cruises because my fiance originally wanted to do a big traditional wedding (I did not) and I finally convinced him that a cruise wedding would be a much better option!

Hi guys! I *think* we've finally narrowed down our destination wedding choice to Bermuda. RCCL has a 5 day cruise out of NJ in October with a day at sea, 2 days at King's Wharf, day at sea, back to NJ.

I really wish NCL had a 5 day Bermuda cruise because I love the freestyle. The specialty restaurants are soooo good.

We are doing ceremony only off the ship, and a nice dinner with everyone together in a specialty restaurant on the ship. We figure we'll be saving some money by paying the $20 a person added cost for specialty dining than having a catered reception in port.

My fiance's stepsister lives in St. Thomas and works at the Ritz Carlton. We considered having it there...but it's so expensive! Going through a wedding planner from whatever island you go to is half the cost of what a resort or the cruise ship will charge you to plan it.

We've been using Bermuda Brides. I've only heard good things about them. They have been really good about communicating with me. Some places I've contacted didn't seem like they were interested in hosting a wedding that didn't have a huge price tag with it.

Anyone been to Bermuda? I'm hoping the weather is still pleasant in October.

I struggled with deciding on a cruise because I didn't want people not to come because it's a cruise. Then I figured it's just like a vacation for them. It ends up being cheaper than going to Martha's Vineyard to an inn, since your food and lodging are included. My fiance's family is in Massachusetts, so they can drive to the port in NJ.

Anyone have suggestion on how to make sure our trip is fun and not stressful?

onebratt, it would be customary in that instance to be "legally" married in Houston or Galveston or wherever just the two of you and a witness and then have a Mexican ceremony on Cinco de Mayo in Cozumel. Mexico has weird rules for licenses, etc., so making it legal before hand is really ideal.

I think Mexico may still require blood tests before granting a marriage license...not sure though. I do know that May 5 isn't really a big holiday in Mexico. It was created by Mexican Americans in the 60's or 70's I think. Though in a tourist town they may play it up for American travelers.

Hunniebee - Hi, i had exactly the same as you, other half wanted a big traditional wedding, while i'd prefer something a little smaller. So we chose a cruise wedding. Oasis of the Seas, thats the small wedding out the window :-)

KG1924 - Looks like your getting married the week before us. We're booked for the 30th of Octoer cruise.

We were booked for the 30th of October 2010 cruise, to get married on the 2nd of November while docked in Jamaica. Since RC will not be going to Jamaica i have no idea what is going to happen now.

Does anyone know if weddings are possible in Labadee? Blood tests are putting me off Mexico stops.

And just cant decide about a port wedding, before departure.

Laura

Well hello to you all, I never thought I would be saying this, but we are getting married next year!!!!

We are from the UK, so things are a little difficult document wise to have a wedding somewhere in the caribbean, but I have found a wonderful site here in the UK that will sort out all the details for you meet you from the ship take you to the wedding then return you back to the ship. Fantastic, up until this point I had not really given a cruise a thought because I thought that would add to the difficulties.

The easiest place for us here in the Uk is Jamaica and while Jamaica is lovely I wouldn't choose to stay there for 2 wks. So to be able to just go for the day on the cruise and get married sounds wonderful to us.

I will be needing plenty of advice and look forward to speaking to you over the coming months.

We are planning for August 2010.

Lisa :)

but I have found a wonderful site here in the UK that will sort out all the details for you meet you from the ship take you to the wedding then return you back to the ship.

Lisa :)

Hi could you send me the ite please?

Laura

Congratulations Lisa!

I went to a wedding in Jamaica in February of 2005. It was at a Sandals resort in Ocho Rios. My friend had planned on a beach wedding, but after seeing the beach, she opted for their garden gazebo. The beaches there are fantastic. There are lots of random locals trying to sell stuff, etc. I've heard the best beaches in Jamaica are in Negril. I'm not sure where your cruise ports, but I wouldn't recommend Montego Bay for a wedding. also, you have to be in Jamaica for 2 days before you can be married there.

I didn't experience any problems in Jamaica, but I wouldn't return there for a vacation. I agree with you that a day there via cruise ship is the best way to visit the island. Now I have friends who went for a week last year at a resort called White House and loved every minute of it. I think your experience will really depend on what city you visit or travel to.

From the cruises I've done, I would recommend St. Thomas or Grand Caymen for a wedding. i don't know how difficult it would be to get married there since you are from the UK, but both islands are beautiful. Aruba is nice too, further south, but less expensive.

Congratulations Lisa!

I went to a wedding in Jamaica in February of 2005. It was at a Sandals resort in Ocho Rios. My friend had planned on a beach wedding, but after seeing the beach, she opted for their garden gazebo. The beaches there are fantastic. There are lots of random locals trying to sell stuff, etc. I've heard the best beaches in Jamaica are in Negril. I'm not sure where your cruise ports, but I wouldn't recommend Montego Bay for a wedding. also, you have to be in Jamaica for 2 days before you can be married there.

I didn't experience any problems in Jamaica, but I wouldn't return there for a vacation. I agree with you that a day there via cruise ship is the best way to visit the island. Now I have friends who went for a week last year at a resort called White House and loved every minute of it. I think your experience will really depend on what city you visit or travel to.

From the cruises I've done, I would recommend St. Thomas or Grand Caymen for a wedding. i don't know how difficult it would be to get married there since you are from the UK, but both islands are beautiful. Aruba is nice too, further south, but less expensive.

Hi

thanks for the info, I will have to check with the wedding co-ordinator as she did not mention having to be there for 2 days.

I have been to St Thomas and Grand Caymen quite a few times and I agree they are lovely, will have to look into the legal requirements.

Thanks again,

Lisa:)

Hiya,

here is the response I got from the wedding co-ordinator asking about having to be in Jamaica for 2 days before we can get married.

Hi Lisa

You don’t have to be there 2 days before. We are subcontracted by the cruise lines as well and the procedure is that you submit the documents to us in advance, we then prepare and submit to the Registrar for approval so when you get on island the licence is already approved.

Let her know this and we too can assist her with her wedding plans.

Do have a lovely day.

Sunny Caribbean Wishes

Natasha

Certified Wedding Planner

No Frills Weddings

http://www.nofrillswedding.co.uk

Hiya,

here is the response I got from the wedding co-ordinator asking about having to be in Jamaica for 2 days before we can get married.

Hi Lisa

You don’t have to be there 2 days before. We are subcontracted by the cruise lines as well and the procedure is that you submit the documents to us in advance, we then prepare and submit to the Registrar for approval so when you get on island the licence is already approved.

Let her know this and we too can assist her with her wedding plans.

Do have a lovely day.

Sunny Caribbean Wishes

Natasha

Certified Wedding Planner

No Frills Weddings

http://www.nofrillswedding.co.uk

Maybe since they are preparing your license in advance you don't have to be there for 2 days before hand...or maybe the law has changed (my friend got married in 2005). This is good news for you!

Hi there! I'm a 2010 Carnival Glory Bride -- we've booked 20 cabins and have 8 filled so far WC who are on St Thomas -- I've got to make a decision soon - like this week-end.

I've a question for any other brides who have been on Carnival and gotten off on their destination island to get married - did you have problems getting off (like did it take an hour or longer?) I've heard that Carnival does give 'their' brides an early departure. I'm also wondering about the time, I thought my itinerary said we arrive in St Thomas at 9AM and leave at 6PM (not nearly enough time on such a beautiful island if you ask me!).

In talking with the two coordinators they indicated that if we wanted to get married 'on the beach' it should be before noon because of the heat and sun (better pictures in the AM).

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

:)

Hi there! I'm a 2010 Carnival Glory Bride -- we've booked 20 cabins and have 8 filled so far WC who are on St Thomas -- I've got to make a decision soon - like this week-end.

I've a question for any other brides who have been on Carnival and gotten off on their destination island to get married - did you have problems getting off (like did it take an hour or longer?) I've heard that Carnival does give 'their' brides an early departure. I'm also wondering about the time' date=' I thought my itinerary said we arrive in St Thomas at 9AM and leave at 6PM (not nearly enough time on such a beautiful island if you ask me!).

In talking with the two coordinators they indicated that if we wanted to get married 'on the beach' it should be before noon because of the heat and sun (better pictures in the AM).

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

:)[/quote']

The best light for photos (if it's a clear day is in the morning, before the sun reaches the highest point-I'd say 10 maybe) or closer to sunset. If there is some cloud cover, you won't have as much of a problem in the middle of the day. If you have to get married between 12-2, a good photographer should be able to pose you guys in shade to get good pics. If your ceremony is on the beach around noon, your photos may be a bit bright, but you could get some good ones afterwards.

I want to book on NCL's Epic, but I am just starting to do my research.

I am still not sure on all the details. I was originally thinking of just having the ceremony in St. Thomas on the beach and then just getting together with everyone on the ship for lunch or dinner. Maybe that's a crazy idea, but I figured since NCL has their "Free Style Cruising" that we could just try that.

I also don't know if I am starting too early.... since this isnt until Dec of 2010.

I have only been on one other cruise and it was NCL- Pride of Aloha. It was a blast, but it was mostly people in their 50s+

Out of an entire ship there might have been about 20 people that might have been 35yrs and under.

Thank You all for posting and providing great information.

Erika

Hey everyone! So I just booked my wedding onboard Carnival Sensation, Port Canaveral, April 11, 2010 cruising the Bahamas! Im soo excited and sooo nervous. So much to do and where to even begin! Im a planner, I like everything planned 12 times over and 10 times before they are needed, its an OCD. I was wondering to chat with some other girls in my situtaion, share some ideas and just read about other experiences what to do what not to do. Im from Pittsburgh! City of Champions =) I used cruise brothers as the group planner and she has been so helpful and nice. Has anyone else used her?

Archived