Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

Hi there,

We have booked our wedding cruise for July 2010 out of NYC, we're going to get married in port. Carnival Miracle is the ship. I love the fact that I got a sweet suite to boot! WOOOHOOO!!:D

We're getting married in port in NYC on the Miracle too!

Very cool, I'm sooooo excited. It's my 2nd marriage and am so pleased that its is so much more reasonable. My first wedding cost around 20k. This is only costing me 5k. I'm just so shocked and very happy. The only thing that I'll add is the photography and the videography. :):D. DF is also happy about the price.

We are doing the same. It's my 2nd wedding/marriage (oooh the stupid things I did when I was 20!) but his first marriage. He agreed to do it this way to save for a house as long as we have some sort of reception at home - so it will be a very casual and small party when we get home. We were planning a big event but everything is so expensive in Jersey that this would have ended being between 30-40k! I'd rather spend that on a house!

Shaybear, if you have some free time, I would like to talk to you about your experience with Paradise Bridal Consultants so far.

There's so much information out there....and I like what you are doing with cake and drinks.

My email address is listed at the bottom of my signature.

Thank you.

Staceey

My fiance and I are going on a big family cruise June 20, 2010 and are considering getting married sometime during the cruise. It is a southern Caribbean cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. I'm sure that all of the ports have beautiful beaches and photo ops, but I'm wondering if anyone has any incite into which is the best/prettiest/most convenient/safest/best wedding planners/etc.

Ports:

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Bridgetown, Barbados

Castries, St. Lucia

St. John's, Antigua

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We are JUST starting out and any advice is helpful.

Courtney

Hi there,

We have booked our wedding cruise for July 2010 out of NYC, we're going to get married in port. Carnival Miracle is the ship. I love the fact that I got a sweet suite to boot! WOOOHOOO!!:D

thats funny I just went on the Explorer of the seas like 5 months ago and Im getting married on the Miracle as well. Hey which suite did you get? We managed to get one of the ones in the rear that wraps around the back end of the ship.

• 1 month later...

My daughter is getting married next June or July, 2010 and we are in the midst of trying to decide which ship. Emerald Princess sails in June/July but not sure which other ships. Her fiance is a school teacher so we have to do when he is finished the term. Getting excited. :)

thats funny I just went on the Explorer of the seas like 5 months ago and Im getting married on the Miracle as well. Hey which suite did you get? We managed to get one of the ones in the rear that wraps around the back end of the ship.

We have a wrap around aft balcony as well. We're on deck 7.

We booked our wedding cruise on Carnival's Ecstasy for June 21st 2010.

June 21st is on a Monday but it marks the day he told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me so that day is very special to us...I would have loved to get married on the weekend but he is dead set on "our day" so we decided a cruise wedding would be perfect!

We can't wait!

We finally booked our honeymoon!!!!

June 20th, 2010 on Carnival Victory!:D

One item crossed off the list....832 million more to go...I'm so lost on this whole wedding thing. What ever happened to all you need is a dress, church, cake, and flowers???

I am (an ecstatic) 2010 Bride to be!!! We are due to be married February 22, 2010 on the Carnival Destiny out of Miami! My friend Megan (merockett) just got married a day or so ago on the same ship and anxiously awaiting her return so i can get even more excited!

We will be married exactly one year and a day since he proposed!

: ) Jaqki

Hi, my name is Rose and I just got recently engaged!!! We are planning to get married on Carnival Cruise ship but I wanted to get inside information from any of you who have been married on carnival cruise. My email is peraltar@dany.nyc.gov. I would like to know how great it was and maybe you can share some pictures please.:confused:

Hi there! I'm a 2010 Carnival Glory Bride -- we've booked 20 cabins and have 8 filled so far WC who are on St Thomas -- I've got to make a decision soon - like this week-end.

I've a question for any other brides who have been on Carnival and gotten off on their destination island to get married - did you have problems getting off (like did it take an hour or longer?) I've heard that Carnival does give 'their' brides an early departure. I'm also wondering about the time' date=' I thought my itinerary said we arrive in St Thomas at 9AM and leave at 6PM (not nearly enough time on such a beautiful island if you ask me!).

In talking with the two coordinators they indicated that if we wanted to get married 'on the beach' it should be before noon because of the heat and sun (better pictures in the AM).

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

:)[/quote']

OOOOOh - When are you sailing? We will be getting married on St. Thomas on St. Patty's Day!;)

Very cool, I'm sooooo excited. It's my 2nd marriage and am so pleased that its is so much more reasonable. My first wedding cost around 20k. This is only costing me 5k. I'm just so shocked and very happy. The only thing that I'll add is the photography and the videography. :):D. DF is also happy about the price.

We're really excited too! I'm hoping this year goes by quickly! I told my fiance before we even got engaged that I couldn't bring myself to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a one day event, so I was soooo happy that he agreed to the cruise wedding. We were surprised that so many of our family members and friends loved the idea too.

We are getting married on the NCL Pearl on Feb 2, 2010 in St. Thomas at Magen's Bay. I am so excited! We are using the private company Weddings the Island Way as our coordinators and they have been fantastic so far!

What is everyone doing about invitations? We sent out post card save the dates directing people to our website where they can RSVP and get info on how to book. They have to book by Oct. 30 (sail date Jan 30). Should we send formal invites as well??

We are getting married on the NCL Pearl on Feb 2, 2010 in St. Thomas at Magen's Bay. I am so excited! We are using the private company Weddings the Island Way as our coordinators and they have been fantastic so far!

What is everyone doing about invitations? We sent out post card save the dates directing people to our website where they can RSVP and get info on how to book. They have to book by Oct. 30 (sail date Jan 30). Should we send formal invites as well??

Hi and congrats on your upcoming wedding: Everything I have been reading says that you should send out formal invitations as well. Bear in mind that all those you send a Save the date card to, should be receiving an invitation as well. My daughter still hasn't decided whether to be married on a cruise or go to an island destination. We are leaning now towards the island of Jamaica. Anyone have any advice on this? thanks.

Hi guys! I *think* we've finally narrowed down our destination wedding choice to Bermuda. RCCL has a 5 day cruise out of NJ in October with a day at sea, 2 days at King's Wharf, day at sea, back to NJ.

I really wish NCL had a 5 day Bermuda cruise because I love the freestyle. The specialty restaurants are soooo good.

We are doing ceremony only off the ship, and a nice dinner with everyone together in a specialty restaurant on the ship. We figure we'll be saving some money by paying the $20 a person added cost for specialty dining than having a catered reception in port.

My fiance's stepsister lives in St. Thomas and works at the Ritz Carlton. We considered having it there...but it's so expensive! Going through a wedding planner from whatever island you go to is half the cost of what a resort or the cruise ship will charge you to plan it.

We've been using Bermuda Brides. I've only heard good things about them. They have been really good about communicating with me. Some places I've contacted didn't seem like they were interested in hosting a wedding that didn't have a huge price tag with it.

Anyone been to Bermuda? I'm hoping the weather is still pleasant in October.

I struggled with deciding on a cruise because I didn't want people not to come because it's a cruise. Then I figured it's just like a vacation for them. It ends up being cheaper than going to Martha's Vineyard to an inn, since your food and lodging are included. My fiance's family is in Massachusetts, so they can drive to the port in NJ.

Anyone have suggestion on how to make sure our trip is fun and not stressful?

We are planning a cruise wedding on the NCL Dawn out of NYC to Bermuda June 2010. Can you give me more info on your experience w/ Bermuda Bride? What beach location did you choose? Photographer? Who's doing your cake? I know lots of questions. Anything you'd like to share would be wonderful!!! :D

--Victoria

Archived