Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

Hi I am also getting married in 2010, I've booked the emerald princess 7 night eastern carribean cruise embarking on the 30th May, and the wedding with Cheryl Toner at VI Wedding for the 3rd June in St Thomas, Bluebeards Beach.

Not sure what to do about the courthouse visit, whether to go there first and then go back to the ship to get ready or to go there on route to the wedding.

progress.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting to do all my research. We are planning to sail aboard NCL's Epic and then getting married in Dec. in St. Thomas. I am still not sure about specific details.

*I had originally invisioned getting married on the beach or having the beach as a backdrop. But I am still working on the part after the ceremony.

I had thought of having the vow exchange on the beach, take lots of pictures and then after that going back onboard and getting together in one of the 14 restaurants on the Epic.

But I don't know where to start in regards to getting a wedding cake from NCL. I am not interested in any other wedding services from NCL. Just a cake would be great.

Not sure if I would be able to just get a cake from them.

ec23atq.png

You can always ask your travel agent to talk to NCL to see if you can just get a cake? They may expect you to book through them for your wedding. My fiance and I are getting married on the NCL Pearl in Sept 2010.

I am starting to do all my res earch. We are planning to sail aboard NCL's Epic and then getting married in Dec. in St. Thomas. I am still not sure about specific details.

*I had originally invisioned getting married on the beach or having the beach as a backdrop. But I am still working on the part after the ceremony.

I had thought of having the vow exchange on the beach, take lots of pictures and then after that going back onboard and getting together in one of the 14 restaurants on the Epic.

But I don't know where to start in regards to getting a wedding cake from NCL. I am not interested in any other wedding services from NCL. Just a cake would be great.

ec23atq.png

I am starting to do all my research. We are planning to sail aboard NCL's Epic and then getting married in Dec. in St. Thomas. I am still not sure about specific details.

ec23atq.png

When I contacted them about just doing a cake they told me that I would have to get married on the ship and buy the wedding package. This was are orginal plan. SO now the wedding person is getting us a cake and we are doing it right on the beach!!!! Just an idea. Good Luck.

We are booked on the Emerald Princess for August! We are planning to be married by the Captain at sea! We are so excited!

Congrats!! We REALLY wanted to be married at sea, but we also REALLY wanted to go on the new Oasis of the Seas (no at sea weddings on RC :() I'm very jealous....:p Have so much fun!

We are planning a cruise wedding on the NCL Dawn out of NYC to Bermuda June 2010. Can you give me more info on your experience w/ Bermuda Bride? What beach location did you choose? Photographer? Who's doing your cake? I know lots of questions. Anything you'd like to share would be wonderful!!! :D

--Victoria

I am supposed to be talking with Nicola from BB today. I think we're going to do Astwood park. That's about all I know right now. Experience has been good so far with Bermuda Bride. They really won't speak in depth with you until they receive your deposit. i can understand why, but I wish I had some more details. Hopefully I will today after speaking with them. It's 364 days away, but I like to plan ahead. I'll let you know more after I speak with her.

I am supposed to be talking with Nicola from BB today. I think we're going to do Astwood park. That's about all I know right now. Experience has been good so far with Bermuda Bride. They really won't speak in depth with you until they receive your deposit. i can understand why, but I wish I had some more details. Hopefully I will today after speaking with them. It's 364 days away, but I like to plan ahead. I'll let you know more after I speak with her.

I talked to Bermuda Bride and I have paid my deposit. We are visiting in a couple weeks to talk to them in person as well as check out the locations and flowers. The best thing about hiring the planner is that they will change the date, time event or location based on weather if a storm is coming in that morning/evening or that whole day. Something that I don't want to deal w/ on my wedding day....the cost of their services in my opinion pays for that alone. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Location: I can send you the pictures I take of the beaches we are looking at if you are interested. Some of the locations are Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove and Warwick Long Bay.

Cake: we've decided to skip traditional cake b/c we are not fans of fondant and that's what you have to have on the beach so it doesn't melt and fall apart. We are going to have rum cakes instead.

Photographer: We hired Amanda Temple for engagement photo's while we are there in October and for the wedding in June.

Reception: Will find out more when we take our cruise in October, but we will most likely have it back on the cruise ship in some shape or form.

I talked to Bermuda Bride and I have paid my deposit. We are visiting in a couple weeks to talk to them in person as well as check out the locations and flowers. The best thing about hiring the planner is that they will change the date, time event or location based on weather if a storm is coming in that morning/evening or that whole day. Something that I don't want to deal w/ on my wedding day....the cost of their services in my opinion pays for that alone. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Location: I can send you the pictures I take of the beaches we are looking at if you are interested. Some of the locations are Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove and Warwick Long Bay.

Cake: we've decided to skip traditional cake b/c we are not fans of fondant and that's what you have to have on the beach so it doesn't melt and fall apart. We are going to have rum cakes instead.

Photographer: We hired Amanda Temple for engagement photo's while we are there in October and for the wedding in June.

Reception: Will find out more when we take our cruise in October, but we will most likely have it back on the cruise ship in some shape or form.

I had my consultation earlier today! It took a while for them to get my deposit and cash it, but it's finally taken care of. I would love to see any pictures you take while you're there! I wish we could meet with them before hand like you are! I think we're still doing Astwood Park. If you'd like me email address to send photos and info to I'd be happy to give it to you. I've been pretty impressed with Nicola so far...plus I think she's got a great accent.

Sairey

Hi Ladies,

I get married December 31st, 2009 - so being NYE it kind of makes me a 2010 bride.

Being from Australia, and marriage laws being what they are, we're not getting married on a cruise (too complicate), but we are cruising for our honeymoon - 16 nights around Asia.

Good luck with all your wedding plans!

Hi!

We havent fully planned yet (just decided to do this!), but right now we're targeting 05/18/2010 in St. Thomas (via Carnival Liberty) - either Magens Bay or Lindquist Beach. Looks like Weddings The Island Way is the way to fly, everyone seems to have great things to say about them.

I'm so excited, I can barely stand it!

We're getting married in October 2010 aboard the Carnival Splendor!! It feels so far away, but I am So excited!

Has anyone been married on this ship before, I know it"s fairly new?

The one thing I'm worried about is the ceremony and 1.5 hr reception going waay to fast, especially for my non-sailing guests. Does anyone have experience with this??

Thank you!!!!! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am getting married in July 2010. I am getting married near home here in the UK, but going on a cruise for our honeymoon. We are going on Thomson Destiny in the Med. It will be our first cruise, and I can't wait!!

Hi Girls! I'm new to the cruisecritic boards, but I frequent theknot.com. I'm a February 2010 bride. We'll be taking a Carnival cruise and will be married in St. Thomas. We are having Janelle from Island Bliss Weddings as our wedding coordinator...she's great! We took a last minute vaca to St. Thomas in July and had a chance to meet her and she's wonderful!!! We've still have a lot of planning left to do, but things are coming along. Anyone know what time the hair salons on Carnival Freedom open??? None of the customer service people can tell me and I need to decide on a ceremony time and make my bridesmaids' and my hair appts for the wedding day! Ahhh

\

My sister was married in Bermuda a couple years ago...absolutely gorgeous backdrop. She was married at Stonehole Bay...very private, secluded beach. I strongly recommend this beach for a ceremony.

Hi there! I am getting married in March 2010 on the Crown Princess At Sea, can't wait!! I have not seen many other brides on here that are planning or that have already gotten married at sea. I would be interested to hear about others experiences getting married at sea and planning for it!

Hi everyone,

i've just confirmed my wedding on the Oasis of the Seas October 2010. Unfortunately i've just started reading these posts, worried as i've booked through Royal Romance.

Laura

My wedding will be very close to yours. I will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas in November 2010 and getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Not to scare you or anything, but i've heard alot of "bad" things about Royal Romance. But i mean, everyone has their own experiences with them right? If you can get out of that, i say you try to find a planner that's on the island. The price is way less than booking it with TWE.

Archived