Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

Hi there,

I'm struggling with the idea of telling my financee about the honeymoon cruise or not... what are the rest of your guys n gals doing?

Would it be better to keep it as a surprise or to tell her and then she can help out with all the tough decisions?

Personally, I hate surprises like that. I'd be angry that I wasn't able to plan and participate. Not so angry that I couldn't enjoy the cruise, but angry enough that I am sure I'd enjoy it less. Especially since you have to pack differently for a cruise than any other trip (at least I do, because of the formal nights).

But, I am not your fiancee. You know her better than we do :)

Hey Cruiselover 7279! I am thrilled to tell you that my fiance and I will have our wedding onboard the Oasis of the Seas May 1, 2010.

congrats! are you getting married on the ship in Ft. Lauderdale before sailing? That's what my finacee and I are doing on the Oasis in June...wondered if you have had any problems with royal romance planning the reception part...we are tackling that right now and no one seems to like to give you a price...we booked the ceremony, after a million phone calls (it didn't help that the moved their office right in the middle of trying to book it, lol), but can never get hailee to email any of the info that she is supposed to email about the reception. Are you having better luck with a different royal romance person? If so, who, so i can ask for them :) we don't even want anything out of the ordinary--very simple actually....maybe they will be settled in their new office soon and things will go smoother.

Hello all 2010 Brides,

Congrats to all of you. I will be getting married in Key West on May 3, 2010. Took us forever to decide where to do it at, initially wanted to do it in the Cayman Islands but backed out after all the reviews about missing the port. We are planning on doing a beach wedding in Key West.

If anyone has any advice or recommendations I would love to hear them.

My daughter and her fiance wanted to include as much family from Washington State as possible, so chose Royal Ocean events to handle her sailing day wedding on the Oosterdam while in port in Seattle. The honeymooners and both families will sail to Alaska later that day, with the extended family disembarking after the reception on board. I had never heard of this, but the price was right. Royal Ocean takes care of everything from the limo to the pier, wedding hostess, reception with bar, flowers, small cake, champagne, photographer, the works. All the kids have to do is dress themselves and get the license! Sailing date is August 8th, 2010 and I"ll try to get some photos up here after the event.

We just returned from our Island Princess wedding at sea cruise. I did a short review and posted some pictures on the Any Princess Brides Marrying at Sea thread post #56 and #57. If you have any questions, please ask there so I don't have to check multiple threads.

Wow! Seems like everyone is either getting married in Jamaica, Bermuda or St. Thomas!

We're actually getting married in Santorini, Greece. We sail on the Crown Princess May 2010.

Because the economy is so bad (I know that sounds like an excuse, but it's not), so many of our friends & family are either out of work or struggling with finances. We decided it would be slightly cruel to expect people to pay thousands of dollars just to come see us say "I do". And our families are middle class, so nobody has the money to go with the really large, lavish cruises. So it's just the 2 of us, and anyone else who wants to jump on board. Besides, when it comes down to it, the only person I'll notice that day is my h2b. Not sure if I'd even know anyone else is there. Besides, we're having a "reception" (just a party) when we get back, for friends & family. So we feel like we're getting the best of both worlds.

Hope everyone's weddings are everything you want them to be! Just remember, "a bigger wedding doesn't guarantee a better marriage!!" :D

Hi livvys! Yep we are doing the same thing as you! marrying in port at Ft. Lauderdale. We live in Jacksonville so this was the best choice for us as some of the family members won't be able to cruise with us but can still come to the wedding.

Glad to hear it wasn't just me I found the girls at Royal Romance or whatever they want to call themselves to not be very helpful at all. I didn't have any problem with getting the information from them..if I can send that on to you I'll be glad to.I haven't found one person to be anymore helpful than the next but I didn't realize it was just a call center. Should've figured that out though by how long you have to stay on hold before they answer :(

We have applied for the 'Site Inspection' If you're not familiar with that it is a 1 1/2 hour visit to the ship to see the areas that they have preselected for weddings. You are face to face with your wedding coordinator. It is $275 per couple. I felt better after I knew I could at least get on the ship and talk to my WC to get all my questions answered. We still have some of the details to work out for the reception as well. We are hoping to do that in February.

We are staying at the Embassy Suites by the port (17th street) they have a nightly cocktail reception and breakfast included in the price of the rooms. They have an onsight restaurant if you wanted to have your rehearsal dinner there as well or close to other restaurants if you want to do something else.

It has been a little frustrating being so far away from FL I am in need of a makeup hair person possibly and also limosines or cars to drive us over (The hotel has a shuttle but not sure how tacky that would be..plus it is $8 each way). It is going to be weird to see each other before the wedding even though I won't be changing into my dress until we are on the ship.

My neice got married on the Oosterdam a couple of years ago...it all went by so fast!!!

I'm glad to find you and look forward to swapping stories with you!

Just wanted to see if there were any 2010 brides out there. I know that are quit a few 2009..

I am getting married 1/6/10 in St Thomas at Emerald Beach. We are sailing out of NY on the NCL GEM!!!! I can't wait....... Just wanted to see what eveyone elses plans where.

yes i am getting married 2/13/2010 then taking ist cruise for honeymoon on 2/15/2o1o

abc...

I have finally found a girl at royal romance that has been awesome..her name is lacey...if you ever have problems ask for her or I can give you her extension :) I thought about doing the site inspection...i just dont know if I wanna pay 275 dollars for it, lol....although it would be cool to get a sneak peak of the oasis....

I'm still investigating the hair/makeup thing...I'll post something if I find someone great. :) I am working on favors and flowers right now--How soon before the wedding are you going to send out your invites and how soon before the 45 days are you going to have them rsvp by?

anyway--keep in touch!! thanks for your note...Congrats!

Olivia (livvys)

abc...

I have finally found a girl at royal romance that has been awesome..her name is lacey...if you ever have problems ask for her or I can give you her extension :) I thought about doing the site inspection...i just dont know if I wanna pay 275 dollars for it, lol....although it would be cool to get a sneak peak of the oasis....

I'm still investigating the hair/makeup thing...I'll post something if I find someone great. :) I am working on favors and flowers right now--How soon before the wedding are you going to send out your invites and how soon before the 45 days are you going to have them rsvp by?

anyway--keep in touch!! thanks for your note...Congrats!

Olivia (livvys)

I use Gabrielle at Royal Romance, and she's always helpful. I feel the same about the site inspection... that's way too much to charge a future customer that is investing thousands of dollars with your company!

For the hair and makeup thing, since we have to travel 1.5 hours to the port, we've decided we are doing it ourselves. I wanted a romantic braided bun, but my hair is too short. I wound up buying one from http://www.paulayoung.com that matches my hair beautifully, and now I don't have to worry that my hair will look amature-ish. For the makeup I plan to go to Sephora ahead of time and have them help me to select the right makeups, and show me how to do it myself so I can have a flawless look.

For my RSVPs, I just mailed them out!! I mailed them 2 months before my RSVP by date. I gave myself 1 week from my RSVP by date to my "have to get my info to Royal Romance date" so if (god forbid!) I have to call people, I can, and I'll have time to compile the info for RR.

For anyone who hasn't already ordered their invitations, I was THRILLED with mine, and they were inexpensive. We started off by going to a local stationer. By the time we tried to order our stationery, the line had been discontinued. Everything else we liked was ridiculously expensive. I wound up ordering my stationery online from Costco, believe it or not. It was inexpensive, but the one I chose was beautiful... simply elegant. And it didn't break the bank!

Here's the invite we chose: http://pal.einvite.com/product/Wedding/WeddingInvitations/destinationseasonal/OSV-BJN-KPALENS/?Cobrand=PAL&Site=PAL&vk=1777211146

We wound up doing a reception card, which instead of talking about the reception, it spoke to the fact that due to US customs our guests have to bring their id, and id includes... yadda yadda. On our response card we asked people to put on the reverse all the info Customs is requiring. I didn't realize it was a folded card, though, so I should have said "inside this card" maybe instead of "on reverse." But that's no big deal. People will figure it out :)

I use Gabrielle at Royal Romance, and she's always helpful. I feel the same about the site inspection... that's way too much to charge a future customer that is investing thousands of dollars with your company!

For the hair and makeup thing, since we have to travel 1.5 hours to the port, we've decided we are doing it ourselves. I wanted a romantic braided bun, but my hair is too short. I wound up buying one from www.paulayoung.com that matches my hair beautifully, and now I don't have to worry that my hair will look amature-ish. For the makeup I plan to go to Sephora ahead of time and have them help me to select the right makeups, and show me how to do it myself so I can have a flawless look.

For my RSVPs, I just mailed them out!! I mailed them 2 months before my RSVP by date. I gave myself 1 week from my RSVP by date to my "have to get my info to Royal Romance date" so if (god forbid!) I have to call people, I can, and I'll have time to compile the info for RR.

For anyone who hasn't already ordered their invitations, I was THRILLED with mine, and they were inexpensive. We started off by going to a local stationer. By the time we tried to order our stationery, the line had been discontinued. Everything else we liked was ridiculously expensive. I wound up ordering my stationery online from Costco, believe it or not. It was inexpensive, but the one I chose was beautiful... simply elegant. And it didn't break the bank!

Here's the invite we chose: http://pal.einvite.com/product/Wedding/WeddingInvitations/destinationseasonal/OSV-BJN-KPALENS/?Cobrand=PAL&Site=PAL&vk=1777211146

We wound up doing a reception card, which instead of talking about the reception, it spoke to the fact that due to US customs our guests have to bring their id, and id includes... yadda yadda. On our response card we asked people to put on the reverse all the info Customs is requiring. I didn't realize it was a folded card, though, so I should have said "inside this card" maybe instead of "on reverse." But that's no big deal. People will figure it out :)

Hi Magenta!

thanks for all the great advice! I need to get going on my invites! I think we are going to get the stationary and print our own...we did really great save the date magnets, so I am going pretty boring on the invites, lol...rather save the money for other things, but I am going to look into costco first just to make sure! I just so happen to have a costco card :) Also, we were planning on doing something similiar as you did with the customs info, just wasn't quite sure on the wording, etc yet.

I can't believe how quicky the time is flying by! We just got engaged at the end of December--so much to do, so little time!!!

anyway, please keep in touch and thanks again soo much for all your advice. Everyone on this board has been so awesome!!!

Hello and congratulations to all of you!!

I'm getting married December 4, 2010 on Oasis of the Seas! My fiance and I have been engaged for a little over a year now, so we're knee deep in planning. We also chose to do the embarkation day wedding in Ft. Lauderdale in order to have some more non-sailing guests join in the festivities!

Good luck to you all in your planning!

Hello all 2010 Brides,

Congrats to all of you. I will be getting married in Key West on May 3, 2010. Took us forever to decide where to do it at, initially wanted to do it in the Cayman Islands but backed out after all the reviews about missing the port. We are planning on doing a beach wedding in Key West.

If anyone has any advice or recommendations I would love to hear them.

I know this sounds weird but Delta and NW only allow you to check one

piece of luggage when flying to Key West..(I have no clue Why) but I know

that in preparing for my up coming wedding in St. Thomas one piece of luggage apiece wouldn't cut it...Good luck

Hey Olivia! We sent save the dates early December and will hopefully be sending out the invites at the end of this month. I wanted to send a Passport invite with extra pages with all the hotel and port info in for everyone to have. I really had to shop around (after I decided I probably shouldn't tackle this one DYI) and finally found someone who will take an order for 25..most want you to order at least 50 go figure! So they won't be quite so painful $wise.

That would be so great if you could give me any tips about hair and makeup. I am calling the concierage at Embassy Suites on Monday to see what she may know and I will pass the info along.

Patiently waiting for a return call on the site inspection..I talked to your girl Hailee yesterday! She was having someone called Teresa called me back....

Thanks Magenta321 for your contact and the great info about the hair...

Good luck to us!

We're booked on the Carnival Sensation for April 18, 2010! Right around the corner! We chose to use a vendor off-boat, because we had more options. So, when the boat docks in Nassau, our party of about 25-30 are going to get off, take a bus (Bride, Groom and Parents taking a limo) to a small resort about 20 min. down the road from the port. We're so excited and it should be a lot of fun. The boat is docking overnight, so we can be back late (well, around 11pm) and not have to worry about rushing. YAY!:D

Archived