Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

Hi Iam getting married on the Freedom of the Seas on the 21st February, embarkation day. Interest to see how other weddings went. Iam worried that we might not have much time to get ready

look forward to chatting:) Joyce

I am also getting married on Freedom of the Seas in November 2010. Do you know anything about the prices for hair/makeup on the ship?

Hi Everyone! Congrats to all of you!!

I am getting married in November 2010. We are sailing with Royal Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas. We will be marrying in Ocho Rios and have booked a planner name Helen. She has been great so far with all my questions and concerns. Will anyone here be marrying on the same ship as mine? If so, let me know! i want to talk about the ship and if there are any way of me booking a private room for dinner.

Ciao!

My wedding will be very close to yours. I will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas in November 2010 and getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Not to scare you or anything, but i've heard alot of "bad" things about Royal Romance. But i mean, everyone has their own experiences with them right? If you can get out of that, i say you try to find a planner that's on the island. The price is way less than booking it with TWE.

Hi,

I my post from before was quite an old one. About 3 months ago, maybe more we got a full refund from the wedding experience.

A lot of things went wrong, including them closing the UK branch and not telling us, cancelling our port of call we were getting married in, and then charging us more to change ports as their prices had increased since we booked. + loads more but they were the important points.

We are now getting married on the 26th of October 2010 in St Thomas, using a private wedding planned.

Laura

It seems a lot of folks aren't too happy about TWE as planners/organizers. Now is that only for Royal Caribbean cruise weddings? I'm thinking of a Princess cruise wedding. Anybody hear anything about their wedding planning company- Tie the Knot?

Sorry to tell you hurricanefanatic, If you are wanting to get married at sea or through Princess Cruise line you still need to deal with TWE, it's all the same company for multiple cruise lines including: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Windstar Cruises and Holland America (Europe), as well as select ports for Carnival Cruise Line... so may still need to deal with them. It was a little deceiving when I saw "Tie the Knot" thinking it was a different group but turns out it's still the same planning company TWE.

I did read quite a few complaints however I haven't really had a problem with the person I'm working with to plan my wedding At Sea on the Crown Princess in April.

Congratulations to everyone who is getting married next year!

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats!! I am fairly new to this site so I dont know if i am posting this correctly but I feel you! My wedding is going to be in california on jan. 23 2010 and I cant wait!!!....the honeymoon is my most favorite part b/c i luv cruises...I need to figure out how to use this site and put up all my prior and future cruisin details lol!!! have you decided where you want to go?

lol I agree I am getting married next August 2010 and it seems like forever! We have been planning our cruise since May 09'.

Hi!

I just found this board earlier this week. It's wonderful!! I'm getting married on the Celebrity Century. We are getting married at sea on Jan 24, 2010--less than 3 months away!

I appreciate the reviews of TWE. I'm a bit nervous about working with them, but since I have no option, and we are getting married on the ship, and paying for the in-port tour a month before our sailing, I'm hopeful that we'll be able to limit what can go wrong. I was a bit miffed that TWE decided to increase their charge for our marriage license (we have to get a license in Malta) from $500 to $650 in less than two months! I actually looked into getting the license myself, and discovered the fees in Malta are around $100. Quite the mark-up. But it seems that you have to go to Malta to apply, so they've agreed to abide by the original quote of $500--a bit outrageous, but slightly cheaper than a plane ticket to Malta. At $650, I'll fly myself.

We have about thirty people joining us so far, and expect another 6-10 people to come as well. Check out my wedding site and feel free to borrow anything that works for your wedding. I used The Knot's free wedding website template tool. I'm amazed by all the great resources available to inform guests.

Good luck to all future Cruise brides!

Elizabeth

www.*******.com/KeoughSelm

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! My future husband and I are booked on the Carnival Destiny cruise that sets sail on July 3rd. So far we have 30 people booked to sail with us but we are expecting about 50-60 sailing and 15 non-sailing guests. I am super excited about this adventure. :D

Hello all! My future husband and I are booked on the Carnival Destiny cruise that sets sail on July 3rd. So far we have 30 people booked to sail with us but we are expecting about 50-60 sailing and 15 non-sailing guests. I am super excited about this adventure. :D

Congrats and welcome! You will love this site all the info you could ever need in one place. I will be on Destiny August 14, 2010 47 booked and 10-15 non sailing. I am excited also.

My husband and I met when we were both single parents. Back then, we didn't have two nickles to rub together. Our wedding bands cost $30 for both or us. My dress and shoes were $40. My husband wore a suit he already had. Friends made a cake, put together a small reception, took pictures and watched our girls while we went to Niagara Falls for the day (we had to come home because I had to start my new job - we married on a Thursday night - and we could not afford to stay there any way).

We are very happily married but I always wished we could have a formal wedding. So, I bought a real wedding dress. He is going to wear a rented tux. The Celebrity package we bought includes getting married by the Captain (we will not know the date and time but will find out when we get on board), a wedding coordinator, cake, flowers, champagne, glasses to keep, flowers, photography, keepsake certificate and gourmet breakfast in bed.

I am very excited. We might have a little reception for our family and friends when we get home.

My dress came in the mail (yes, in the mail) and it fit perfectly. It was funny, my husband asked me what was in the box. I told me it was private. I think he was teasing me.

Congratulations to all.

We married off both of our girls within the past 3 years and I did engagement parties, showers and the weddings - thinking, lucky them - now it can be me. Lucky me.

Congrats 2010 brides! I'm getting married in May 2010 in Ocho Rios and crusing with RC Liberty of the Seas. Looking for some advice on whether I should do the planning activities with Royal Romance or go with a local coordinator. Would love feedback on your experiences so far!

Hi guys n gals..

I'm getting married Oct 2010 and wanting to go on a cruise.. this will be a first time for us and I really have not clue where to begin... I'm wanting a mediterrean cruise.. can anybody suggest a cruiseline or a romantic package...

exciting stuff!!:)

Later

Hi there,

I'm struggling with the idea of telling my financee about the honeymoon cruise or not... what are the rest of your guys n gals doing?

Would it be better to keep it as a surprise or to tell her and then she can help out with all the tough decisions?

Does anyone know what ship time is vs Island time? I'm specifically curious about St. Thomas. As I'm working through all of the planning details with our WC (Leslie of Perfect Wedding of St. Thomas), I want to be sure that the times that I have are the right ones so that we're not showing up late due to time differences.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

We are getting married in St. Thomas on February 22, 2010 while on Caribbean Princess. I can't believe how quickly its coming up, less than 3 months to go! We're getting married at Megan's Bay and using Janelle from Island Bliss Weddings. :D

Hi!

We havent fully planned yet (just decided to do this!), but right now we're targeting 05/18/2010 in St. Thomas (via Carnival Liberty) - either Magens Bay or Lindquist Beach. Looks like Weddings The Island Way is the way to fly, everyone seems to have great things to say about them.

I'm so excited, I can barely stand it!

I am also getting married May 18, 2010 in St. Thomas and we will be on the Liberty too!! Congrats!!

Archived