It's Official - Fantasy to Mobile!

Chazon

Guess we'll find out tomorrow - Carnival has another news conference scheduled for tomorrow in New Orleans -

*crosses fingers for a 7-day announcement

Crosses toes for an announcement that we'll get the Sensation AND the Triumph...

They arent adding any balconies. Fantasy will just have most balcony cabins than Holiday.

Perhaps the release is incorrect? Here's the quote:

"The Fantasy will use Alabama Cruise Terminal until Sept. 6 when it goes into dry dock at Atlantic Marine for some major upgrades, said Al St. Clair, terminal director. They will include a water theme park, extra balconies, and an adults-only area, among other features. "

Cool. Now, what ship is replacing Fantasy in New Orleans????

Donna

Sensation will be replacing the Fantasy and there will possibly be another ship added. And before anyone asks. Yes, I heard this from a Carnival employee and yes I was right 4 weeks ago about the Fantasy leaving. :D :D :D (Just had to put that disclaimer in)

With the new ships they have on order, I could easily see them putting 2 ships in NOLA. It was that way before Katrina went through. I beleive they had the Sensation and I know they had the Conquest. When that happened, the Ecstasy left Galveston for it's FEMA duty, the Elation went to 4-5 days out of Galveston and the Conquest moved here inevitably replacing the Elation's 7 day runs.

Sensation will be replacing the Fantasy and there will possibly be another ship added. And before anyone asks. Yes, I heard this from a Carnival employee and yes I was right 4 weeks ago about the Fantasy leaving. :D :D :D (Just had to put that disclaimer in)

Someone just spoke with their PVP who said only the Triumph coming to New Orleans to do 7 day cruises.

Sorry if you want to dream for another day the Sensation will be moved there also, but thats not what Carnival is saying. We must have different Carnival sources, we will both know tomorrow which course is better.

Someone just spoke with their PVP who said only the Triumph coming to New Orleans to do 7 day cruises.

Sorry if you want to dream for another day the Sensation will be moved there also, but thats not what Carnival is saying. We must have different Carnival sources, we will both know tomorrow which course is better.

After reading everything over, that's what it looks like - we're going to lose our 5 day itineraries. That SUCKS. I guess I'll book one last cruise on the Fantasy next October before she heads out.

We've really enjoyed the convenience of the 4 and 5 day itineraries out of New Orleans, and we will sure miss them.

not going to argue whether your info is correct, but some of the worst information I have ever received has been from hotel employees and cruise ships crew members.

Nita

After reading everything over, that's what it looks like - we're going to lose our 5 day itineraries. That SUCKS. I guess I'll book one last cruise on the Fantasy next October before she heads out.

We've really enjoyed the convenience of the 4 and 5 day itineraries out of New Orleans, and we will sure miss them.

I know what you mean.. Losing a newly upgraded ship and having to pay more and take off more time at work :mad:

Or drive 3 hours to go out of Mobile :(

lol I contacted the auction site thru whom I have Fantasy booked dec 09 and told them there is a problem because I dont want to drive to Mobile (Im in Dallas).

their reply was that Carnival has made no announcements about moving ships around in 2009. (even though I sent them links to the announcements). Dont use a auction site to book a non cheageable cruise that cant be cancelled, not worth it.

I sent them two links this time with the information that Fantasy will be going out of Mobile not New Orleans, to check with Carnival if they didnt believe me.

I know what you mean.. Losing a newly upgraded ship and having to pay more and take off more time at work :mad:

Or drive 3 hours to go out of Mobile :(

Right - as it is now, we take the 4 or 5 day cruises ending on Monday or Thursday, and my husband can get in to work by 9 AM and work a full day - that allows us to cruise more frequently. Not to mention the 5 day itineraries are more attractive ones to do again and again. I don't see us doing a 7 day more than once a year. We're doing 4 cruises on the Fantasy this year, and probably 3 next year. I guess Carnival will be losing our business and we'll start doing more land vacations. Oh well, such is life.

lol I contacted the auction site thru whom I have Fantasy booked dec 09 and told them there is a problem because I dont want to drive to Mobile (Im in Dallas).

their reply was that Carnival has made no announcements about moving ships around in 2009. (even though I sent them links to the announcements). Dont use a auction site to book a non cheageable cruise that cant be cancelled, not worth it.

I sent them two links this time with the information that Fantasy will be going out of Mobile not New Orleans, to check with Carnival if they didnt believe me.

I sure hope you can get that worked out - I would be EXTREMELY upset if I had to keep a cruise booking and drive to Mobile when I anticipated a 12 minute drive from home to the terminal.

I sure hope you can get that worked out - I would be EXTREMELY upset if I had to keep a cruise booking and drive to Mobile when I anticipated a 12 minute drive from home to the terminal.

Well, since Im in Dallas, not 12 minutes, but I have never been to New Orleans is why I booked the Fantasy. I wanted to stay in the French qtr prior to the cruise. I HAVE been to Mobile and nothing there I want to see.

this was the reply 10 minutes ago from my TA :( (mind you this is after i sent them a link with the information the Fantasy would be moved to Mobile BEFORE the date of my booked cruise and said I dont want to drive to Mobile.)

Hello Jxxxxx

Carnival has not made any annoucments about changing the 2009

intineraries. If you wish to change to a different ship and date, please

advise and we will check the rates and availability for you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Cxxxxxxxx

Support Agent

Well, since Im in Dallas, not 12 minutes, but I have never been to New Orleans is why I booked the Fantasy. I wanted to stay in the French qtr prior to the cruise. I HAVE been to Mobile and nothing there I want to see.

this was the reply 10 minutes ago from my TA :( (mind you this is after i sent them a link with the information the Fantasy would be moved to Mobile BEFORE the date of my booked cruise and said I dont want to drive to Mobile.)

Methinks your support agent is a dork!

Isn't the Sensation a Fantasy class ship? Are there any Fantasy class ships now doing 7 day itineraries? I ask, because I see comments about the Sensation moving to NOLA and doing 7 days.....

I always recommend to newbies that they take a 7 day cruise, because then they will be on a bigger ship. Am I mistaken? :o

Isn't the Sensation a Fantasy class ship? Are there any Fantasy class ships now doing 7 day itineraries? I ask, because I see comments about the Sensation moving to NOLA and doing 7 days.....

I always recommend to newbies that they take a 7 day cruise, because then they will be on a bigger ship. Am I mistaken? :o

Yes, Sensation is a Fantasy class ship. Carnival no longer uses them for 7 day runs.

Actually Destiny, which is over 100,000 will start doing 4/5 day cruises this fall.

SO............what's replacing the Sensation? I know the Dream is coming to Pt Canaveral, but what about the 3/4 night cruises.

SO............what's replacing the Sensation? I know the Dream is coming to Pt Canaveral, but what about the 3/4 night cruises.

I dont think Sensation is going anywhere. Lots of people like to combine the 3/4 day cruises from PC with Disney/Universal Studios, so its a huge draw.

We will find out New Orleans fate tomorrow.

Archived