It's Official - Fantasy to Mobile!

Chazon

Well I for one would like to see Carnival put two ships back in NOLA. The msTriumph, and the msSensation, would be great. If they do just put the msTriumph in NOLA, then I hope they offer the 4-5-7 night rotations.

PVPs are already saying the Triumph will only do 7 day cruises.

I dont know of any Carnival ships on this schedule, 4/5/7 day cruises, making it even more unlikely.

I just hopes Carnival offers me something or I can cancel the Fantasy if worst comes to worst because I have no interest in driving to Mobile. So, Id like to believe ya, but unfortunately my sources are saying nope. I have a 4 day Fantasy booked.

I was searching through a cruise booking web site at dates and cruises in Feb 2009. NCL spirit has 7 day cruises leaving from New Orleans in Feb. Have they always been there? I have never checked into NCL but I did not know there were any other cruise lines in New Orleans.

I just hopes Carnival offers me something or I can cancel the Fantasy if worst comes to worst because I have no interest in driving to Mobile. So, Id like to believe ya, but unfortunately my sources are saying nope. I have a 4 day Fantasy booked.

I was in the same boat so to speak when my first cruise on Conquest was moved to Galveston after Hurricane Katrina. I didn't want to drive 9 hours to Galveston when I expected a 1.5 hour drive to New Orleans but we did because I didn't want to cancel my first cruise. It cost me more in gas and a hotel room/food for the night before.

We were offered a period of time to cancel with a full refund or an OBC to sail on the Conquest from Galveston. I would think they would offer a similar deal in this case. Hopefully your TA will be helpful in assisting you with your cancellation.

I was searching through a cruise booking web site at dates and cruises in Feb 2009. NCL spirit has 7 day cruises leaving from New Orleans in Feb. Have they always been there? I have never checked into NCL but I did not know there were any other cruise lines in New Orleans.

NCL was the first cruise line to home port in New Orleans after Katrina and has been doing 7 days cruises out of New Orleans several months each year for sometime now.

A few things they have going for them is that they have the youngest cruise fleet, their ships are faster than Carnival's, and they have a lot more interesting itineraries.

Much depends on Carnival's announcement tomorrow, but I may be sailing a lot more on NCL.

NCL is seasonal out of NOLA. Ask jetskier about NCL out of NOLA. He has done this one before.

NCL was the first cruise line to home port in New Orleans after Katrina and has been doing 7 days cruises out of New Orleans several months each year for sometime now.

A few things they have going for them is that they have the youngest cruise fleet, their ships are faster than Carnival's, and they have a lot more interesting itineraries.

Much depends on Carnival's announcement tomorrow, but I may be sailing a lot more on NCL.

Go for it, then report back. I'd tell you ahead of time just how bad NCL is, but you probably wouldn't believe me.

Go for it, then report back. I'd tell you ahead of time just how bad NCL is, but you probably wouldn't believe me.

Before Katrina, I had never been on NCL. I now have two NCL sailings under my belt and another one at Christmas. They are not bad at all and more innovative than Carnival.

Carnival could learn much from NCL.

I have been waiting for Carnival to finally put a larger ship here again offering 7 day cruises. I'm also hoping they keep a Fantasy class ship here as well offering the 4/5 day cruises. New Orleans is a much more attractive port for pre/post cruise activities than Mobile. I enjoy Mobile a lot but there are more things to see and do here. Living only 2 hours away, I wouldn't have a problem traveling there to do a shorter cruise.

NCL is seasonal out of NOLA. Ask jetskier about NCL out of NOLA. He has done this one before.

The NCL Dream used to sail out of New Orleans. It was later replaced with the NCL Sun when the Dream went to Houston. After Katrina, the Sun was the first ship to start sailing from New Orleans. The NCL Spirit started sailing from New Orleans Nov 18th, 2007. It is a seasonal schedule shared with New York. It will be returning to New Orleans Oct 31st to drop off the passengers from New York. She will then go to drydock and then start sailing Nov 23rd. The sailing is getting close to filling up.

The nice thing about the Spirit is that she does a 4-port schedule. Belize, Guatemela, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Dave

I did a 7-day on the NCL Sun a year ago, and really enjoyed it.

I still prefer Carnival as I am not a big fan of Free Style dining.

I like to know who my servers are and know I will be in the same

seating every night.

But, the itenerary was great. I loved Belize and Guatemala City, and

wish Carnival would go thre as well.

NCL was started by a man who originally was one of the founders of

Carnival and then went his own way. NCL ships are similar to Carnival,

but I did not find the hospitality depts was nearly as good as Carnival.

But, I assure you that you will enjoy them, but still love Carnival.

I am proud that Mobile will be getting the Fantasy...

Now they can know that they are replacing the oldest ship in the Carnival with the Oldest Ship in the Carnival Fleet...

They will not care that she is undergoing a complete refurb...

they will simply talk of her being an old bucket of bolts...

falling apart at the seams...

attractiing the dregs of the world to cruises...

and say a bucket of paint and new TV;s will never make her a REAL ship..

and she is still small and inadequate...

AND THE REST OF US...

WHO HAVE CRUISED HER IN THE PAST..AND WILL AGAIN IN THE FUTURE...

WILL SIMPLY ...SMILE...

and know that jerk will never cruise with us!!!

Ijust looked at the reviews for the NCL Spirit. I know they have to be taken with a grain of salt, but was not impressed with the overall view of the spirit. Some really bad views from seasoned NCL past cruisers. There were some very good opinions also.

The only thing better on Carnival was the food and to some, TV size in the cabin. I'm not sure there is a significant difference in food since the introduction of Freestyle 2.0.

I am a fan of being able to eat when I feel like it and not have to rush or wait for a particular time.

Even defunct Commodore cruise line cruised to Belize and Roatan.

I dont know of any Carnival ships on this schedule, 4/5/7 day cruises, making it even more unlikely. quote]

Well neither do I, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I have been cruising with Carnival since 1987. I know what has and hasn't been done. LOL.

I personally hate to see the 4 & 5 day cruises leave NO. 7 days are cool, but it is nice to be able to do a quick cruise in the Fall and Spring.

I hope that Carnival puts in a ship with a seven day cruise. Living in St. Louis it is kind of expensive to fly to FL for a seven day cruise. It is easier and cheaper to drive, and works out well with my vacation time at work!

I was in the same boat so to speak when my first cruise on Conquest was moved to Galveston after Hurricane Katrina. I didn't want to drive 9 hours to Galveston when I expected a 1.5 hour drive to New Orleans but we did because I didn't want to cancel my first cruise. It cost me more in gas and a hotel room/food for the night before.

We were offered a period of time to cancel with a full refund or an OBC to sail on the Conquest from Galveston. I would think they would offer a similar deal in this case. Hopefully your TA will be helpful in assisting you with your cancellation.

I hope this TA will surprise me and take care of it, but judging by how they dealt with the insurance when I had questions so I didnt check the box, and contacted them immediately. Their policy is to answer you within 24 hours and by the time they answered, their reply was its too late to add it, our policy is you have to add the insurance within 24 hours. I pointed out to them I had asked about it as soon as I clicked thru on their site to book the date, they finally added it after about 10 emails.

If anyone is tempted to use the auction site to book a cruise, Id be careful, since their terms are no cancellations and no changes. (and Id add no service).

So, their reply which came at 4:57 pm, after the announcement and after I had forwarded them a link to the announcement, that "Carnival has made no annoucements of moving any ships in 2009" didnt exactly surprise me. (arent there other ships being moved in the Carnival fleet during 2009 too?). Maybe tomorrow when the New Orleans announcement is made and I send them a link to that news, I can convince them its real news. I sent the inquiry last night so they did answer me within 24 hours as promised, unfortunately their answer is "off" as usual. Next reply should be by tomorrow so they meet their 24 hour thingee lol.

It simply makes no sense for me to drive further to Mobile just because Carnival moved the ship. I live in Texas and just thought a break from Galveston might be nice and to see New Orleans. I dont want to see Mobile. So wish me luck, this TA simply isnt on the ball. If they cant move it at a discount to Triumph and cant move it to a 4 day on Ecstasy, then I want to cancel and my money back for both the cruise and the insurance.

I am proud that Mobile will be getting the Fantasy...

Now they can know that they are replacing the oldest ship in the Carnival with the Oldest Ship in the Carnival Fleet...

They will not care that she is undergoing a complete refurb...

they will simply talk of her being an old bucket of bolts...

falling apart at the seams...

attractiing the dregs of the world to cruises...

and say a bucket of paint and new TV;s will never make her a REAL ship..

and she is still small and inadequate...

AND THE REST OF US...

WHO HAVE CRUISED HER IN THE PAST..AND WILL AGAIN IN THE FUTURE...

WILL SIMPLY ...SMILE...

and know that jerk will never cruise with us!!!

That sounds like an exact description of a well-known "contributer" to most of the Holiday threads........ ;)

He he, wonder where ol' KY is in all this.

Probably looking up the Spanish translation for "drunken redneck hillbilly" in preparation for commenting on the passenger demographic for the Holiday threads once she moves to her new cruise line. :rolleyes:

It's now official - starting in November 2009, the Fantasy will now be in Mobile.

http://blog.al.com/live/2008/08/carnivals_fantasy_coming_to_mo.html

Sad to see the Holiday go, but can't wait to sail the Fantasy!

LOL where ya been there is already two treads on this subject. The news was posted on here before 2 eastern today. There was already a artical in AL.com at 1:31 central time.

I said on both other treads that i am very happy for mobile and carnvial a win win..

Upgrades to the Fantasy will include more balconies? Interesting....

Anyone know what the itinerary will be? Will it simply replace the 4-5 night Holiday routes?

Yes here is the web site.. I am going to book the 6 night cause it is a one time thing.

Year-Round Four- and Five-Day Mexico Cruises

Carnival Fantasy will launch year-round four- and five-day service from

Mobile Monday, Nov. 16, 2009. On this route, four-day cruises departing

Thursdays visit Cozumel, one of the cruise industry's most popular

destinations known for its beautiful white-sand beaches, excellent shopping

and variety of shore excursion opportunities.

Five-day cruises departing Mondays visit both Cozumel and Calica, which,

in addition to aqua-blue waters that attract snorkelers, scuba divers and

windsurfers the world over, is in close proximity to the magnificent Mayan

ruins of Tulum, the ecological theme park Xcaret, and Playa del Carmen and its

popular Avenida Cinco shopping district.

Five-day cruises departing Saturdays call at Cozumel and Progreso, an

emerging port with exciting excursion options to the beautiful colonial city

of Merida and the spectacular Mayan ruins in Chichen Itza, recently named one

of the Seven Wonders of the World.

On November 10, 2009, the ship will offer a one-time six-day cruise

visiting Progreso, Cozumel and Costa Maya. The Holiday will remain in Mobile

through the departure of November 2, 2009 and will then be transferred to

Iberocruceros, a Spain-based sister cruise brand under the Carnival

Corporation & plc umbrella.

If the Triumph is going to New Orleans, then will this ship NOT be doing the Canadian cruises out of New York during the summer? I was wondering if anyone knows.:)

We will know for sure tomorrow, but from what everyone seems to be saying, Triumph will be year round in New Orleans doing 7 day cruises, so I dont see it doing a route to Canada.

Archived