It's Official - Fantasy to Mobile!

Chazon

I just don't get what the New Orleans residences are complaining about, Mobile is just 2 hours away, 1.5 if you drive like I do. It can take 2 hours to get from one side of town to the other in rush hour traffic. That is not that long of a drive. And for the the person coming out of Tx, why don't you just drive to New Orleans, stay the night there and enjoy the city, then drive to Mobile the next morning. Once again, it is not a long drive. But, that is just my opinion. Either way, I hope it works out for you. :)

Well, I am excited that there is a chance for a 7 day cruise to start going back out of New Orleans. I live in Mobile and have been dieing to go on a bigger ship without having to drive 8+ hours. I started cruising in 2006, after the Conquest had already moved.

It's not just the N.O. residents that are concerned about losing 4/5 day cruises. I consider N.O. my homeport and it isn't close, but I feel comfortable driving down the day of the cruise. Mobile is an entirely other story. It is outside my "comfort window" in terms of distance and I would HATE to know that I had to go to Mobile instead of N.O. for a short cruise. I do NOT want to spend my $ on a hotel and extra gas when I can use it for foo foo drinks instead. I am proud that Mobile got the Fantasy but I certainly hope it's not stealing the 4/5 day cruise market. I'd be shocked if Carnival didn't put another 4/5 day ship there, but that's what the word seems to be today. :cool:

I just don't get what the New Orleans residences are complaining about, Mobile is just 2 hours away, 1.5 if you drive like I do. It can take 2 hours to get from one side of town to the other in rush hour traffic. That is not that long of a drive. And for the the person coming out of Tx, why don't you just drive to New Orleans, stay the night there and enjoy the city, then drive to Mobile the next morning. Once again, it is not a long drive. But, that is just my opinion. Either way, I hope it works out for you. :)

Well, I am excited that there is a chance for a 7 day cruise to start going back out of New Orleans. I live in Mobile and have been dieing to go on a bigger ship without having to drive 8+ hours. I started cruising in 2006, after the Conquest had already moved.

#1 I booked a cruise out of New Orleans, why should I pay on my dime to drive to a city I am completely not interested in. Had I wanted to go out of Mobile, I would have booked the Holiday.

#2 Why should I drive 2 hours each way on my dime.

#3 If you read the write up on 4 day, its says the Fantasy will only go to Cozumel from Mobile, I have been to Cozumel too many times. No other port?? Why should I change from the cruise I booked to a cruise only going to Cozumel?

I see you say you live in Mobile, so maybe thats why you cant see my point, you are more than a little biased. Its amazing how folks can be so blinded because they got what they wanted.

If the one port was Callica or something other than Cozumel, I might consider it, but only Cozumel??!! I will try the TA and if I cant get anywhere I will start working on demanding they cancel the cruise. I can go out of Galveston in a 5 hour drive each way, why would I drive clear to Mobile for such a cruise? It makes no sense for me to do it.

In booking the 6 day cruise on the Fantasy about 20 minutes ago, I happened to mention the 4/5/7 schedule of the Triumph and the person wanted to know where I found the information as it was not suppose to be released yet.

So I guess we will find out tomorrow if that is indeed going to be how the ship in New Orleans is going to sail.

Dave

If the Triumph is going to New Orleans, then will this ship NOT be doing the Canadian cruises out of New York during the summer? I was wondering if anyone knows.:)

Triumph will still be calling on New York 6-7-09 thru 10-10-09

Will also be sailing Miami and Norfolk in 2009 till it moves to it's new home in New Orleans.

Triumph 4 day New Orleans every 4th Thursday starting 12-3-09

Triumph 4 day New Orleans also on 11-10-09

Triumph 5 day New Orleans every 4th Saturday starting 11-28-09

Triumph 5 day New Orleans every 4th Monday starting 12-7-09

Triumph 7 day New Orleans Saturdays in 2009 11-14, 11-21, 12-12, 12-19 2010 1-9, 1-16, 2-06

Sensation is staying put in Port Canaveral. No other ship scheduled to go to New Orleans.

#1 I booked a cruise out of New Orleans, why should I pay on my dime to drive to a city I am completely not interested in. Had I wanted to go out of Mobile, I would have booked the Holiday.

#3 If you read the write up on 4 day, its says the Fantasy will only go to Cozumel from Mobile, I have been to Cozumel too many times. No other port?? Why should I change from the cruise I booked to a cruise only going to Cozumel?

I see you say you live in Mobile, so maybe thats why you cant see my point, you are more than a little biased. Its amazing how folks can be so blinded because they got what they wanted.

If the one port was Callica or something other than Cozumel, I might consider it, but only Cozumel??!! I will try the TA and if I cant get anywhere I will start working on demanding they cancel the cruise. I can go out of Galveston in a 5 hour drive each way, why would I drive clear to Mobile for such a cruise? It makes no sense for me to do it.

OK, I see your point. Like I said, I hope it works out for you. I wouldn't want to travel to Gaveston just to go to Cozumel.

And no, I am not "biased" or "blinded" just because I live in Mobile. If I had it my way, Mobile would be getting the bigger ship, but that is not possible because of where they built the port. A Fantasy Class is the biggest ship they can get. Besides, New Orleans is the better choice out of the two for a bigger ship, more people want to see that city. I just think it is good for us down here on the gulf coast to finally have the option of a 7 day cruise without traveling 8+ hours.

I just don't get what the New Orleans residences are complaining about, Mobile is just 2 hours away, 1.5 if you drive like I do.

It's called extra expenses.. Gas, Parking, Possible Hotel if you don't want to deal w/ possiblity of car trouble the day of..

A cheap cruise from a port right next door now became more expensive with those added expenses. Especially if the Triumph is only doing 7 days (more expensive than our cheap 4 / 5 day cruises now)

You are getting all riled up, over what may be nothing. Why not wait and see what happens tomorrow...

If Carnival continues 4 and 5 day cruises fron NOLA, you will get to move to that cruise.

And, you talk of the 4 day cruise only going to Coz...well...uh...if you check, the 4 day cruise from NOLA ALSO ONLY GOES TO COZ.

The real problem has been that the Holiday and the Fantasy have had the same iteneraries.

I just hope we get something from NOLA besides Coz and Progresso or Calica.

And one other point...not to you but others who keep saying the Sensation is coming to NOLA. Why would Carnival move the Fantasy to Mobile and the Sensation to NOLA? Same class ships...duh....If they did that they would just move the Sensation to Mobile.

So, like everyone else..I look for the Triumph to NOLA.

I know that will not set well with Firefly, but lets see what they decide to do.

see you all in the morning...

Anybody know what time the announcement will be??

You are getting all riled up, over what may be nothing. Why not wait and see what happens tomorrow...

If Carnival continues 4 and 5 day cruises fron NOLA, you will get to move to that cruise.

FYI, dont know if anyone else noticed but me, but my cruise is no longer even listed on the Carnival website. Fantasy out of New Orleans now stops Nov 5th for 4 day cruises.

IMO if there was another ship coming to take over the Fantasy 4/5 day cruises, they wouldnt have removed the 4/5 day cruises later in 09 from their pick a cruise page tonight out of NOLA

It's called extra expenses.. Gas, Parking, Possible Hotel if you don't want to deal w/ possiblity of car trouble the day of..

A cheap cruise from a port right next door now became more expensive with those added expenses. Especially if the Triumph is only doing 7 days (more expensive than our cheap 4 / 5 day cruises now)

At least you have the option of cruising in your backyard. Many of us have to fly no matter what.

At least you have the option of cruising in your backyard. Many of us have to fly no matter what.

Yeah I know.. when my parents cruise with me they make a 22 hour drive from michigan. This was one of the good things about moving to Louisiana.

Though I have to say.. Chicago is way more Beautiful than where I live

Yeah I know.. when my parents cruise with me they make a 22 hour drive from michigan. This was one of the good things about moving to Louisiana.

Though I have to say.. Chicago is way more Beautiful than where I live

The turnaround schedule for the Fantasy is

Nov 9th, 2009 drop off its last load in New Orleans and then sail empty to Mobile. (Jones Act)

Nov 10th, 2009 pick up its load in Mobile and do a 6-day sailing to Cozumel, Calica, and Progreso.

Nov 16th, 2009 pick up the Holiday's old schedule of 4/5.

Dave

A Fantasy Class is the biggest ship they can get.

Not true, the turning basin can handle the Triumph at 893 feet. The basin is 1000 feet. The Triumph has a 27' draft, the river is over 40 feet deep. The only problems is parking.

Dave

FYI, dont know if anyone else noticed but me, but my cruise is no longer even listed on the Carnival website. Fantasy out of New Orleans now stops Nov 5th for 4 day cruises.

IMO if there was another ship coming to take over the Fantasy 4/5 day cruises, they wouldnt have removed the 4/5 day cruises later in 09 from their pick a cruise page tonight out of NOLA

Since Triumph will be doing a 4,5,7 run you might want to call you TA or Carnival to see if the dates match up for you. While they dont have the new itineraries up on the website, they are taking reservations.

Good Luck

I don't think the Fantasy will be much of an improvement.

I read this description on a PVP website.

trans.gif

Carnival Fantasy

As its name suggests, this ship's imaginative decor consistently delights passengers, from the Egyptian theme of Cleopatra's Bar to the oversized cans, milk carton and tires in the Cats Lounge (where everything is seen from a cat's-eye view). Tivoli lights glitter in the seven-deck atrium, and the Electricity Dance Club pulses with light and sound. The 12,000-square-foot Nautica Spa offers exercise equipment, whirlpools, sauna and steam rooms, as well as body and facial treatments. The Bistro is an ideal setting for an after-dinner drink or coffee. The casual Windows on the Sea Bar & Grille and several snack bars supplement the two main dining rooms. This ship also features an adults-only "Serenity" area that offers bar service, ocean vistas, and whirlpools for relaxation

Oversized milk cans and tires??????Whats that all about?

Thats sounds like hillbilly decor if I ever heard of any.

Wheres the abandoned cars and pick-up trucks?

Oh we got a winner here. This will attract the lower class cruisers like a magnet.

Aren't the people of Mobile getting tired of Carnival dumping on them?

This floating junkyard sounds worse than the Holiday. :rolleyes:

I see the link to the Mobile Press-Register's coverage of the Fantasy has been posted.

If you will check the link the opening paragraph reads "MOBILE'S DESIRE TO BECOME A MAJOR CRUISE LINE PORT TOOK ANOTHER STEP FORWARD MONDAY AFTERNOON IN A ROOM FILLED WITH PABST BLUE RIBBON BEER CANS AND CAT FOOD"

Again...what is that all about?

Its not enough for the Fantasy to be littered with milk cans and tires? They got beer cans....and cat food as well?

Were these empty beer cans? Maybe the hillbillies just threw them on the floor instead of the trash?

And Pabst Blue Ribbon??!!? I don't think they even make that brand any more. It was a low income appealing brand anyway, so the Fantasy's beverage of choice is right on.

But the cat food? Are they expecting Ala-Kat to be a frequent visitor?:D

Again...we got a real winner here.:rolleyes:

I see the link to the Mobile Press-Register's coverage of the Fantasy has been posted.

If you will check the link the opening paragraph reads "MOBILE'S DESIRE TO BECOME A MAJOR CRUISE LINE PORT TOOK ANOTHER STEP FORWARD MONDAY AFTERNOON IN A ROOM FILLED WITH PABST BLUE RIBBON BEER CANS AND CAT FOOD"

Again...what is that all about?

Its not enough for the Fantasy to be littered with milk cans and tires? They got beer cans....and cat food as well?

Were these empty beer cans? Maybe the hillbillies just threw them on the floor instead of the trash?

And Pabst Blue Ribbon??!!? I don't think they even make that brand any more. It was a low income appealing brand anyway, so the Fantasy's beverage of choice is right on.

But the cat food? Are they expecting Ala-Kat to be a frequent visitor?:D

Again...we got a real winner here.:rolleyes:

Thank goodness....I was starting to fear that my faith in (almost, sort of, perhaps) humanity was to be tested. I was beginning to fear that we would be deprived of the positive proof that idiocy, self-importance and (misguided) sense of superiority knew no bounds. Rave on moronic KY.....rave on....

Those of us who know better, will continue to enjoy, and advise others, about all great value for the $$ cruise opportunities. Personally, I've never cruised the Fantasy, but I'm sure I will and based on the reviews I've read, I'll bet that I will enjoy myself.

Grind your twisted ax as you will, I'm sure that 90% of those who take the time to review your posting history (as I have) will quickly realize that your opinions (while colorful, no question about that), are completely worthless as they pertain to this topic.

Thank goodness....I was starting to fear that my faith in (almost, sort of, perhaps) humanity was to be tested. I was beginning to fear that we would be deprived of the positive proof that idiocy, self-importance and (misguided) sense of superiority knew no bounds. Rave on moronic KY.....rave on....

Those of us who know better, will continue to enjoy, and advise others, about all great value for the $$ cruise opportunities. Personally, I've never cruised the Fantasy, but I'm sure I will and based on the reviews I've read, I'll bet that I will enjoy myself.

Grind your twisted ax as you will, I'm sure that 90% of those who take the time to review your posting history (as I have) will quickly realize that your opinions (while colorful, no question about that), are completely worthless as they pertain to this topic.

You can read for yourself...the Fantasy was decorated with milk cans, beer cans, tires and cat food?

I thought the Fantasy was a luxury cruise ship. What kind of decor is that?

That kind of decor can be found in any junkyard or low income neighborhood. My only guess is that Carnival wants their Fantasy class clientele to feel at home.

I think the citizens of Mobile as well as all potential cruisers should be outraged that this is what Carnival really thinks of them.....or maybe they know the cruise market better than I.

Yep...I'm sure they do!!:rolleyes: ;) :D

Archived