Would You Like To See Princess add more ships to the Caribbean?

Sandytoes

Vote for your choice  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice

• Like to see the CB change port itinerary during July & August?
    • Add more ships to Caribbean - all year round out of NY?
    • Add more Eastern ports to cruise out of during the summer months?
    • Keep the sailings just the way they are?

How many of you would like to see Princess add more ships during the summer months sailing to the Caribbean?

Would you like more ships sailing out of NY?

Eastern coast?

Would you like to see different ports added to the summer itinerary?

Southern, Western, and Eastern?

Do you think they really need 8 ships in Alaska and 8 in Europe during July and August?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yes I would like to see more ships in the Caribbean in the summer months. This year we had to wait until October to cruise. We didn't want to cruise out of New york. And yes I think they have too many ships in Alaska, but they are always sold out, so I guess Princess knows best!!!

After seven cruises we finally did a western cruise last year and want to do anothe,r so hopefully Princess will listen and put some ships back in the Caribbean

Add more ships....:confused: So instead of having the usual 4 or 5 ships in port we will now have 6 or 7..... The caribbean is far to saturated with ships. I saw this when I cruised there back in the 90's. This is why I don't return....Even Europe is starting to get this way....Not trying to bag on anyone, if you like the caribbean by all means enjoy...Just stating MHO.

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Well, as a shareholder, I don't want them to have any ships in the Caribbean in the summer. The Caribbean isn't as profitable as Europe, Alaska and East Coast cruises. The point is that Princess needs to turn a profit and frankly there just aren't enough people travelling in the Caribbean at this time to be profitable, especially considering that other areas are much more profitable.

Keep that in mind, if you want them to try NEW ports in the summer, that might be more successful. But the line MUST answer to their shareholders and running anywhere with low profit will get management in a very hot seat with a lot of questions to answer.

Well, as a shareholder, I don't want them to have any ships in the Caribbean in the summer. The Caribbean isn't as profitable as Europe, Alaska and East Coast cruises. The point is that Princess needs to turn a profit and frankly there just aren't enough people travelling in the Caribbean at this time to be profitable, especially considering that other areas are much more profitable.

Keep that in mind, if you want them to try NEW ports in the summer, that might be more successful. But the line MUST answer to their shareholders and running anywhere with low profit will get management in a very hot seat with a lot of questions to answer.

I haven’t been back to the Caribbean for a while, but I would like to. I just don’t want to leave out of New York and waste days at sea. Nor do I want to fly into – or more accurately FROM Barbados. I just checked to see what kind of air fare I can get from there to LAX, and the flights had anywhere from 6 to 14 hour lay overs….. that’s not gonna happen. Taking 24 hours to get home from the Caribbean?! Then there is Jamaica. I have no desire to fly into or out of Jamaica and certainly don’t want to spend an extra night there. Now I’m limited to almost nothing in choice. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of interest. Just a thought.

I haven’t been back to the Caribbean for a while, but I would like to. I just don’t want to leave out of New York and waste days at sea. Nor do I want to fly into – or more accurately FROM Barbados. I just checked to see what kind of air fare I can get from there to LAX, and the flights had anywhere from 6 to 14 hour lay overs….. that’s not gonna happen. Taking 24 hours to get home from the Caribbean?! Then there is Jamaica. I have no desire to fly into or out of Jamaica and certainly don’t want to spend an extra night there. Now I’m limited to almost nothing in choice. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of interest. Just a thought.

I would like to see a ship out of Baltimore or Norfolk or Philadelphia (home port cruising for me). Probably wouldn't happen though, since carnival just put a ship in Baltimore year round...

Sailing out of NY or NJ is just not for me (tried both) so I am not interested in more ships there, I would rather fly to Fl and spend a day or two there.

To one of previous posters - why do you need to fly to Barbados or Jamaica if most Caribbean cruises leave from FL? I am obviously missing something here.

I would like to see Princess bring a ship back into Galveston or New Orleans or Mobile, AL. They could vary itineraries so you don't go to the same port every cruise. I would like to be able to drive to the port to take a Princess ship. As it stands now, I have to fly to the closest port.

I'm probably not the one to ask. I've tired of Caribbean ports. They all seem the same any more. Besides, summer is hurricane season. Losses were so great several years ago that most lines quit trying to beat the odds during the June-November time frame. And Ephraim is correct ... the Caribbean is not nearly as profitable as other locations.

I would like to see a ship out of Baltimore or Norfolk or Philadelphia (home port cruising for me). Probably wouldn't happen though, since carnival just put a ship in Baltimore year round...

Sailing out of NY or NJ is just not for me (tried both) so I am not interested in more ships there, I would rather fly to Fl and spend a day or two there.

To one of previous posters - why do you need to fly to Barbados or Jamaica if most Caribbean cruises leave from FL? I am obviously missing something here.

Because a good portion of them do not leave from Ft Lauderdale anymore. That was my point.

Yes I would like to see more ships in the Caribbean in the summer months. This year we had to wait until October to cruise. We didn't want to cruise out of New york. And yes I think they have too many ships in Alaska, but they are always sold out, so I guess Princess knows best!!!

After seven cruises we finally did a western cruise last year and want to do anothe,r so hopefully Princess will listen and put some ships back in the Caribbean

I heard that Princess does read the boards.

All the CB cruises to the Caribbean this year were all sold out. Some posters here were put on a waitlist. Which to me sounds profitable. Adding another ship won't break the bank.

Princess never had a embarkment port in Barbados nor Jamaica.

They did have a Southern cruise from sailing out of San Juan a few years back, which was great. With ports of call - Barbados, St Lucia, Antiguqa, St Thomas and St Maarten

Like Druke said - I didn't vote 'cause no wasn't an option! We are booked for a Christmas cruise on the Royal and, not having been in the Caribbean for several years, there is only one port that we have been to before. So obviously Princess has added different islands to the mix!

I can sympathize with those who don't want to go out of Barbados or Jamaica but I think Princess was trying to change things up for those who only cruise the Caribbean. There is just too much of the world to see to stick with one destination. It must be hard to balance the ships to cover the world! Besides summer is hurricane season and there would surely be some complaints if their cruise was curtailed by a hurricane!!

I would like to see Princess bring a ship back into Galveston or New Orleans or Mobile, AL. They could vary itineraries so you don't go to the same port every cruise. I would like to be able to drive to the port to take a Princess ship. As it stands now, I have to fly to the closest port.

I totally am in agreement. I know they have had problems with filling the ships in the past out of NO but with the new airline rules with luggage, price of gas, etc. this might be an area to revisit. I for one would look very seriously at booking a cruise out out of NO.

Like Druke said - I didn't vote 'cause no wasn't an option! We are booked for a Christmas cruise on the Royal and, not having been in the Caribbean for several years, there is only one port that we have been to before. So obviously Princess has added different islands to the mix!

I can sympathize with those who don't want to go out of Barbados or Jamaica but I think Princess was trying to change things up for those who only cruise the Caribbean. There is just too much of the world to see to stick with one destination. It must be hard to balance the ships to cover the world! Besides summer is hurricane season and there would surely be some complaints if their cruise was curtailed by a hurricane!!

No wasn't an option and isn't one niether...;)...:D

As for the world being too big to stick with one destination why do they have so many in two - Alaska & Europe then? :rolleyes:

They should spread the wealth and bring back the ships to the Caribbean.

Remember, the safest place to be during a hurricane is on a cruise ship.

Can't vote - you don't have "NO" as a choice.

The Caribbean is perhaps my least favorite destination.

Give me Exotics, Europe, etc!

We agree w/ Druke...we're about Caribbeaned out.

Steve

CRuise lines have enough ships in the Caribbean. They need more ships in other parts of the world.
Agreed.

It's not just profit but if a cruise ship stops in a port, the cruiseline must create an infrastructure in the port to accommodate the ship and provide a good shore experience. This is a huge expense even taking into consideration that the local goverment has a docking facility capable of handling a huge ship and 3,000+ passengers. Many smaller countries/ports don't want the ships even if you want to go there nor do they want to spend the money to build a dock and terminal. Just look at the expense and investment Carnival Corp. has made in Grand Turk. Wishful thinking is great but it takes a heck of a lot more than passenger suggestions to make a port a reality.

Princess never had a embarkment port in Barbados nor Jamaica.
I seem to remember that the Sea Princess did or does have embarkation in Barbados, avoiding embarkation in the U.S. for their U.K. passengers. Or was it the Bahamas?

I seem to remember that the Sea Princess did or does have embarkation in Barbados, avoiding embarkation in the U.S. for their U.K. passengers. Or was it the Bahamas?

No, you were right Pam. The Sea Princess does have Barbados embarkation for Caribbean cruises.

Archived