Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

Hi Billet

Do you have a picture of E425 on the Crown Princess that you could post? Is there a difference in the views between E425 and E505 or E503?

Thanks!

E425 is the same as E507.

this is E505

3335355825_05d044c82f.jpg

I think 503 will have a bit of the davit in front of it but I have not got a picture but this is from the start of this thread and I think will be similar.

P1000188.jpg

Edited by billet

It looks like, from the deck plan, that we have a big orange tender outside our window...but considering the savings for our Med cruise next spring, it will be tolerable. Anyone have pictures from that area? :confused:

Thanks

J

I guess it will look pretty much like this - pic of Golden Princess E624 courtesy of an earlier message 47 in this thread:

2578846660095430378S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by billet

Do you think I could get a better view under Category F with E701 ... compared to E231 on the first page of this thread? I'm debating on whether or not to switch to E701. I think having the bed not under the window would be nice since it'd be easier to look out the window.

As I said earlier there is absolutely nothing outside E701 on the Crown; the bed is against the wall. I was also in E625 on the Crown and it only had a cable outside. If I had the chance I would book either. As the friend in E701 said--why does Princess give this cabin a lower category than other cabins on Emerald that have more outside the window??!!

Edited by BarbinMich

As I said earlier there is absolutely nothing outside E701 on the Crown; the bed is against the wall. I was also in E625 on the Crown and it only had a cable outside. If I had the chance I would book either. As the friend in E701 said--why does Princess give this cabin a lower category than other cabins on Emerald that have more outside the window??!!

Alright, thanks!! I just changed my cabin to this one! Thanks for the insight! :D

100_3012.jpg?imgmax=720

100_3073.jpg?imgmax=720

100_3139.jpg?imgmax=720

This "fully obstructed view" became a joke between my daughter & I. We'd definitely book this view again :)

San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts

So I suppose E-625 would be the same on the Ruby princess because it is the same size lifeboat?

I apologize for not spending the time to read through all 11 pages of comments. What I find somewhat surprising is that there are that many folks really interested in what their view is from an obstructed or partially obstructed oceanview cabin.

Seems to me that the choice of that cabin is either based upon the least expensive cabin with an outside window or that was the only cabin available. Either way, who cares? If the choice was based upon economics then maybe the consideration should be that you are getting what you paid for. At the very least you have some view of the outside, which is far better than the inside cabins, and if you want to really see a view then go to another part of the ship or pony up to a better cabin - especially if there is that much time spent in the cabin looking out in the first place.

The only time we had an obstructed view was when we booked a cruise at the last minute and the only thing left was a cabin on the Promenade deck (no it wasn't a Princess ship) and we made a point from then on to book well in advance and always a balcony.

I apologize for not spending the time to read through all 11 pages of comments. What I find somewhat surprising is that there are that many folks really interested in what their view is from an obstructed or partially obstructed oceanview cabin.

Seems to me that the choice of that cabin is either based upon the least expensive cabin with an outside window or that was the only cabin available. Either way, who cares? If the choice was based upon economics then maybe the consideration should be that you are getting what you paid for. At the very least you have some view of the outside, which is far better than the inside cabins, and if you want to really see a view then go to another part of the ship or pony up to a better cabin - especially if there is that much time spent in the cabin looking out in the first place.

The only time we had an obstructed view was when we booked a cruise at the last minute and the only thing left was a cabin on the Promenade deck (no it wasn't a Princess ship) and we made a point from then on to book well in advance and always a balcony.

I agree, we book the Canada/NE cruise kind of as an 'extra' vacation. We live about 40 minutes away from the port so no air or great distance to travel. We have gotten great prices on it (499 pp) for an obstructed view for this trip as well as the past 2. I really just like the light coming in! We are going agin on Sat and with the cruise being so port intensive it really doesn't matter to us.

I think many people are interested because there are big varations in what is an obstructed view. If you did take the time to look through you would see some of these cabins have almost no natural light and some have almost no obstruction... for pretty much the same cost.

Like anything I check this thread so I can book an obstructed view cabin that has the best view available for the price paid.

What I find somewhat surprising is that there are that many folks really interested in what their view is from an obstructed or partially obstructed oceanview cabin.

Well, here we go with another condescending post. I wish these kids would find some other sandbox to play in. If you will only book a balcony, fine by me, but this thread is for those of us who are looking for great deals - which really can be found in obstructed categories. I guess what you don't understand is many times you get a lot more than you pay for with obstructed, which always makes me very happy. I booked a spur of the moment, extra cruise for this year on the Crown @ $399 for an inside. Then last week, for some very strange reason, four obstructed view cabins popped up for $449 and I grabbed one because this particular cabin has a clear view and is really as good as the outsides that are currently going for $649. Silly, little economical me for knowing a great deal when I see one! If the view had been totally obstructed with a lifeboat, I would have kept my inside.

It should not really be suprising that folks are interested in what the view is since this whole site has been established for the exchange of information, some of more relevant to one particular reader rather than another. Since obstructed and partially obstructed cabins vary enormously in the amount of light available through the window it seems very sensible that people should ask about the differences so that they can make an informed booking decision. It could well have nothing to do with economics but purely sensible decision making. Who cares that anybody books a balcony when this thread is about views from obstructed cabins.

An so, to bring us back on topic, I'll ask does anyone have any pics or knowledge of Coral E525?

I'm one of those silly value shoppers who decided to save $1800 versus last years prices on an obstructed view outside rather than my usual balcony. Economic crisis and all . . . :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to my webshot pictures (#10 thru #18)on the Emerald Princess. We were in E701 and my DB in E633 right next door.

Neither of us heard any noise from the doors below us leading to the promenade deck. Or for that matter, we didn't hear any noise outside of our cabins at all. Great location.

For the cost of these Catagory F cabins, they were excellent!

Just a note: these cabins, on the Emerald Princess, would be identical on the Crown & Ruby.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2112759580015325211uKgrOd

Here is a link to my webshot pictures (#10 thru #18)on the Emerald Princess. We were in E701 and my DB in E633 right next door.

Neither of us heard any noise from the doors below us leading to the promenade deck. Or for that matter, we didn't hear any noise outside of our cabins at all. Great location.

For the cost of these Catagory F cabins, they were excellent!

Just a note: these cabins, on the Emerald Princess, would be identical on the Crown & Ruby.

Thank you so much!!! I booked E701 on the Crown in March. I'm very excited now! :D

Thank you so much!!! I booked E701 on the Crown in March. I'm very excited now! :D

Thanks for the photo. E701 looks like a great cabin and I will be in it on the Crown in just 7 days - can't wait!

Thanks for the photo. E701 looks like a great cabin and I will be in it on the Crown in just 7 days - can't wait!

Would you mind taking some pics of the room and view in E701??? I would love to see the actual room and view! And I noticed you are in Cincy, I am as well. :o

Thanks! :D

Edited by ulcards99

Would you mind taking some pics of the room and view in E701??? I would love to see the actual room and view! And I noticed you are in Cincy, I am as well. :o

Thanks! :D

Edited by sunnyv

Hi, we're right behind a tender on our upcoming cruise on the Island, and are curious as to the noise level that the cabin provides, especially when the tender needs to be lowered in the morning.

And if anyone has pictures of E312 on the Island or the Coral, it'd be much appreciated :)

Thank you~

• 1 month later...

I posted the original photos of E231 on the Crown. I think people assumed the bed was under the window however when I took those shots in April of 08, we had two twin beds that were against the wall.

The photos I posted in August of this year of E209 on the Sapphire has one bed which is under the window. I have to say that I prefer having the bed(s) against the wall. For some reason it just seems to make the room feel a little more spacious!