beauty products

sueajp

We went on the AOS this year in July. This was our 2nd RCCL but 8th cruise. To save packing space I figured I would skip bringing shampoo, cream rinse and lotion since they are always provided on the ship, like a hotel.. WOW big surprise! No products! Just something liquid in the shower which I hoped was shampoo!!! I am not cheap, just trying to save duplicating in our precious weight conscious packing!! Is this JUST RCL or is this a new trend on all the cruise lines?? Just wondering!

Sue:rolleyes:

Diamond/Diamond plus members are supposed to get toiletries.....we do...........just off the Sovereign yesterday and had lotion,shampoo,conditioner, and shower gel in our cabin waiting for us.

I was on AOS two weeks ago. I had to ask the steward to bring them. I assumed the ship would provide them since they have many times before. The airline restrictions caused me to save the weight and leave mine at home. (We were in a junior suite and we are diamond.) We have always gotten them in a junior suite, but the size has gotten smaller over the years. We used to get large 5 oz. bottles, then they were about 25% smaller last year. This time they are even smaller - like the small hotel shampoo size. The steward brought four of each - shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. We used to get a bath sudsing ball too, but I haven't see one of those in the last couple of years.

We went on the AOS this year in July. This was our 2nd RCCL but 8th cruise. To save packing space I figured I would skip bringing shampoo, cream rinse and lotion since they are always provided on the ship, like a hotel.. WOW big surprise! No products! Just something liquid in the shower which I hoped was shampoo!!! I am not cheap, just trying to save duplicating in our precious weight conscious packing!! Is this JUST RCL or is this a new trend on all the cruise lines?? Just wondering!

Sue:rolleyes:

It's just Royal Caribbean. ;)

(and frankly, if the choice is to cut back on shampoo or cut back on food, I say GIMME BETTER FOOD, not better shampoo!)

While you weren't "entitled" to it, neither being Diamond nor in a suite, if you had asked nicely, I am SURE that your cabin steward would have sneaked you a bottle!

Even in a suite, the shampoo is usually the shampoo/conditioner combo--not the best for pretty hair!

Bring what suits you!

I NEVER use conditioner on my hair. It is awful for my hair.

But I love the Explorae brand. I love what it does for my hair. (Where's my endorsement fee, Royal Caribbean? ;))

I NEVER use conditioner on my hair. It is awful for my hair.

But I love the Explorae brand. I love what it does for my hair. (Where's my endorsement fee, Royal Caribbean? ;))

They havent used Explorae in a while......they use a brand called "Inspired by Nature"

I use the mystery stuff in the shower to wash out my unmentionables. This is the only product we've ever seen in and RCI bathroom. Both my husband and I are particular about what we use on our hair and skin, so we wouldn't use any of the products provided anyway. We even leave all the little freebie bottles behind in hotel rooms as well.

I'd rather give up that extra pair of shoes and bring my own toiletries :)

Diamond/Diamond plus members are supposed to get toiletries.....we do...........just off the Sovereign yesterday and had lotion,shampoo,conditioner, and shower gel in our cabin waiting for us.

we made diamond last year and have taken 2 cruises since. We never have had any toiletries waiting in our room. :) Is this a perk?

we made diamond last year and have taken 2 cruises since. We never have had any toiletries waiting in our room. :) Is this a perk?

3 years ago on the Vision we were platinum and we had the toiletries. They were okay. Since then and we are now diamond we have not had anything but the shampoo.

Jan

We are diamond and have often had to ask for the shampoo, etc. in the bottles, but the cabin steward has always complied with our requests. I'm not sure if it is a diamond perk or just suites.

Hmmmmmmm thought it was a D perk.....maybe its a DP perk??:confused:

We have been on 4 cruises since reaching the diamond level and this is the first time I have heard of this perk.

Good to know, just in case I run low DH will have something to use. He's not picky.:p

DS did receive a gift pack of toiletries while on a C&A cruise.

We have been on 4 cruises since reaching the diamond level and this is the first time I have heard of this perk.

Good to know, just in case I run low DH will have something to use. He's not picky.:p

DS did receive a gift pack of toiletries while on a C&A cruise.

We did get a pack of 4 empty bottles on a member cruise. I will use them on our upcoming cruise.

Jan

Hi everyone,

I was just curious and that is why I asked the question, but nobody has answered if they still exist on Princess, Carnival, Celebrity etc..... ANYONE? Hey Rala, meet you at CVS in Medfield to get my samples next time!!!!!

BUT I NEED MY SHOES!!! Can't give them up for toiletries!

LOL.. :D

Hi everyone,

I was just curious and that is why I asked the question, but nobody has answered if they still exist on Princess, Carnival, Celebrity etc..... :D

Ask on the Princess,Carnival,Celebrity boards..:rolleyes:

I'm glad I read this thread because I was only going to bring conditioner on my upcoming cruise because I assumed they would have shampoo and body wash. This will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise. Yes, Carnival still has a dispenser in the shower that has shampoo and body wash (a really nice smelling body wash). They also have a bowl of extra bathroom items on the sink counter, such as lotion samples, toothpaste samples, mouthwash samples, some vitamin C drink packet mix, In-shower lotion, and other odds and ends.

we just came back from jewel of the seas 12 night baltic cruise and had no lotion in cabin. we were only gold and in an inside cabin. e asked our room steward and she told us they do not have any. now if it is not there for us "lower class" passengers it is just one more thing that rccl is squezzing out a few more profits.

definately bring your own body soap/wash too. the soap they provide smells disgusting. i felt dirtier after taking a shower with that soap. in case you forget to bring something, there is a shop onboard with a limited selection of toiletries that are a step-up from what they provide in the room.

What I have been told (and it could be entirely incorrect) is that they put toiletries in the older ships i.e Sovereign and Vision Class, but not the newer class ships. I am Diamond Plus, but I don't necessarily get the little toiletries.

Archived