another luggage question

T-N-C

I know these questions have probably been asked several times and it seems a little silly but.... We are not flying and I was wanting to know if I should pack our personal care items (shampoo, soap, makeup, razors) in a carry on bag or if I should pack it in our large suitcase.

Hi Keith,

I bet you don't colour or highlight your hair. If you did, you would understand why it's a good idea for some of us to bring our own shampoo! The shampoo they supply on board some ships is pretty harsh. For what I pay to get highlights put into my hair, I don't want to have them stripped by "free" shampoo! :eek:

Some of the soap can be a bit basic as well, but I can live with that more easily.

Lisa

Lisa, i mentioned the items since I'm assuming that the original poster is a first time cruiser and might not have realized that certain items are provided on the cruise ship. But, as you say, she may be taking them with her for the same reason you do.

Keith

I know these questions have probably been asked several times and it seems a little silly but.... We are not flying and I was wanting to know if I should pack our personal care items (shampoo, soap, makeup, razors) in a carry on bag or if I should pack it in our large suitcase.

Good morning Oklahoma neighbor.........if you are not flying I don't think it matters. As long as your shampoo is taped with some seal and put in a larger plastic bag to prevent any possible leaks........putting it in a large suitcase will be fine.

When and where do you sail from? Have a great cruise..........

Since you are not flying, it's not as much of an issue. Put anything you absolutely cannot do without. I always carry my personal care items on when we drive to the port, and that includes my flat iron! Other good things to have in your carry-ons are swimsuit, change of clothes for dinner (in case luggage hasn't made it to your cabin by dinner), camera and all that does with it, any electronics, jewelry, medications, etc.

The ship allows about 200 lbs per person--they don't care what you bring on!

If I don't have to fly, I carry all of my "make-up" items with me--it just keeps them upright and neat! (I have a nice case that I use at home--no rearranging needed! Just take it, and go!)

You can put anything you want, anywhere you want, if you don't use the airlines! Make sure you still lock any luggage that won't be in your possession, tho!

Archived