Port Canaveral Hotel

SoccerMom#3

We stayed at the Raddison the night before sailing on the Glory. There was 6 adults and we got a suite. The pool at the hotel is very nice! We all enjoyed the Raddison very much. I think the suite was only like $130 a night.

Katie

We stayed at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach. It is right on the beach and walking distance to 10-15 restaraunts as well as the Ron-Jon Surf shop which is a must see. The Radisson is the closest hotel to the port but there is not much else nearby. There are many, many hotels on Cocoa beach and they are a few $$ more but worth it in my opinion. The cab to the port cost us $5 for two people and several bags and they let us leave our car there for the week. I think we paid $140 for the room which was a king suite with a jacuzzi.

We stayed at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach. It is right on the beach and walking distance to 10-15 restaraunts as well as the Ron-Jon Surf shop which is a must see. The Radisson is the closest hotel to the port but there is not much else nearby. There are many, many hotels on Cocoa beach and they are a few $$ more but worth it in my opinion. The cab to the port cost us $5 for two people and several bags and they let us leave our car there for the week. I think we paid $140 for the room which was a king suite with a jacuzzi.

Radisson has places to eat etc nearby and isn't far from Grilles or Jetty Park where you can watch ships sail out. Radisson often will give group rates if there are a bunch of CC'ers..

I just sent my parents on their first cruise on the Glory from Port Canaveral and they stayed at the Radisson and loved it. They said the pool was gorgeous and the food at their restaurant was really good too.

We stayed at The Radisson also. It was beautiful. We paid $99 a night and they let us park our car there for the week. They also offer a free shuttle to the port and was waiting for us when we got off the cruise. Excellent service!! Plenty to do around the hotel also. Free breakfast too that was wonderful.

We stayed at The Radisson also. It was beautiful. We paid $99 a night and they let us park our car there for the week. They also offer a free shuttle to the port and was waiting for us when we got off the cruise. Excellent service!! Plenty to do around the hotel also. Free breakfast too that was wonderful.

The Radisson's Shuttle will take you to Grill's Restaurant and back, too. If you ask at the desk they'll tell you where the shuttle can be used for transport.

Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach is great. It is a little older but the beds were great. There was a huge pool, a hot tub, ping pong table and tennis court.

We got a 2 room suite for $139 which was really nice. You have a livingroom with a pull out bed in the couch with a TV. Then there is like a foyer between the livingroom and bed room which has an extra sink with mirror, a small refrigerator and a microwave. Across from this is the bathroom. Then there is a bedroom with 2 double beds and a TV with another door leading to where the pool,tennis court etc. is There were also sliding doors on the bedroom and livingroom for privacy.

As we are 3 adults (Our daughter is 20) we loved it. The price we were quoted for Radisson was $159 for just a room not a suite. Also we were one block from the beach. We stayed the night before and the night after. We walked out on the beach and watched Carnival Fanasty and Disney Wonder sail out that last evening . Before our cruise on the Wonder we had watched Glory sail out.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the cruiseport also.

We had cruisemates that stayed at the Marriot Courtyard for $79 a night. It was them and their 8 year old son. They were on the free shuttle with us to the cruise port. so no need for a taxi if you stay at the Marriot courtyard. Our hote Comfort Inn was right next to Ron John's serf shop.

Ofcourse maybe this person is talking about a different hotel and not Marriot courtyard.

Both us and our cruisemates took advantage of the free car parking. Our cars were parked in the same lot. so I am guessing alot of the hotels offer this. Just remember if they offer free parking they also offer a free shuttle so no need for a taxi. Every one can use the shuttle. You don't have to have a car parked there to use the shuttle. So if you fly in-save that taxi fare from the hotel to cruiseport.

Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach is great. It is a little older but the beds were great. There was a huge pool, a hot tub, ping pong table and tennis court.

We got a 2 room suite for $139 which was really nice. You have a livingroom with a pull out bed in the couch with a TV. Then there is like a foyer between the livingroom and bed room which has an extra sink with mirror, a small refrigerator and a microwave. Across from this is the bathroom. Then there is a bedroom with 2 double beds and a TV with another door leading to where the pool,tennis court etc. is There were also sliding doors on the bedroom and livingroom for privacy.

As we are 3 adults (Our daughter is 20) we loved it. The price we were quoted for Radisson was $159 for just a room not a suite. Also we were one block from the beach. We stayed the night before and the night after. We walked out on the beach and watched Carnival Fanasty and Disney Wonder sail out that last evening . Before our cruise on the Wonder we had watched Glory sail out.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the cruiseport also.

I am so glad to see this post. I had been told my someone else on another board that it was a piece of crap hotel, was nasty, etc. and was soooo worried! Anyone else who has stayed at comfort inn cocoa beach let me know how it was. Counting down!!!

:mad: realize this is off subject, but this is hotel topic is of interest to me.

I get tired of scrolling past quotes. We all know the general subject. Why must we quote what has already been posted?

Is there an option in my preferances as is graphics and such

Thanks.

We stayed here and it was very nice. They had a great breakfast, and a shuttle to the cruise port. The best part was that, although it's a few miles south of the port, we could see our cruise ship from the hotel when we got up in the morning!

Have a great cruise,

Mary Ellen

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Oceanfront Resort in Cocoa Beach? I booked there for two nights before our Glory cruise leaving on Jan 1. It seemed to be walking distance to the Cocoa Beach Pier. We will be there for New Years Eve, and I wanted to be within walking distance to some activities (we will not have a car). I read that they have stuff going on at the pier (several bars/restaurants, fireworks, etc.) on New Years Eve. Has anyone heard anything about this hotel? I can still cancel my reservation with no penalty if it is really bad. Thanks in advance!

The Radisson is probably your best bet if you want a hotel away from the beach. However if you want to walk out of your hotel directly onto the beach, with a nice pool, good restaurant and terrific location, suggest you take a look at the Hilton or Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. Both are oceanfront properties, with full service. About 10 miles from the port.

Yes, I forgot to mention, the Courtyard did have the free shuttle, the same one that the Radisson uses (Art's) but it left at noon and we wanted to go a little earlier so we did the $5 cab. I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Rad but if you are going to be there a day before, I would reccommend staying on the beach. We sat on our balcony and watched the disney ship sail out the day b4 and walked down the beach to the pier. Hung out at a cool beach bar on a roof of a restaraunt with live music overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It felt like we were already on the cruise. Then stumbled back down to the beach to our hotel. We are thinking about going back there for a weekend stay, we live in Tampa, about 2 1/2 hours drive. We had a blast on Cocoa beach.

We also stayed at the Radisson. If you drive down, they offer a place to park your car for free and shuttle you to the port. No charge of $10.00 a day to park at the port. It is worth it. Seeing as a 7 night cruise will run you $80.00 to park. Just use the hotel. I will stay there again for our next cruise out of this port. As for the food. We had the hotel buffet. It was worth the money. And we sat right at the bar outside and it was great.

Good luck and have a blast...

stayed at radisson precruise, it was ok. stayed at hampton inn postcruise, liked location much better, price was lower, room had great view and balcony plus close to beach and restaurants. i thought the cocoa beach area was beautiful. we used budget car rental and used their shuttle to port and back.

We are coming from the direction of Atlanta and would like to get some input or ideas of properties about 2 to 2 1/2 hours away from the Cape.

Thanks

:)

We stayed in St. Marys GA before our cruise out of Jacksonville. It was a country inn and for $89 including tax we got a full breakfast plus evening coffee, brandy and cookies. I cannot remember the name of the Inn for anything though but that would be about 3 hours to Pt. Can. Maybe you can do a search on the internet for inns in St. Marys.

St. Marys is off of 95 with a sign for the exit it is off-it is like 5 miles down this road from the exit. The road is marked very well with directions so you won't get lost.

We also stayed at the Radisson. If you drive down, they offer a place to park your car for free and shuttle you to the port. No charge of $10.00 a day to park at the port. It is worth it. Seeing as a 7 night cruise will run you $80.00 to park. Just use the hotel. I will stay there again for our next cruise out of this port. As for the food. We had the hotel buffet. It was worth the money. And we sat right at the bar outside and it was great.

Good luck and have a blast...

Problem is they only offer so many "cruise package" rooms and they had sold their limit when we tried to book. For $30 more we could have the ROOM only. I thought it should have been AT LEAST the same price. Even if we couldn't get the free parking and shuttle.

Have stayed their twice in their king suite. Check carefully on their web site for the best rate. Payed $99 once and $109 the other. The shuttle to the port and free parking at the hotel are an added savings. I also recommend Grills. A fun place to kick off your vacation. Great food and if you time it right, you can see other ships sailing out right in front of you.

Problem is they only offer so many "cruise package" rooms and they had sold their limit when we tried to book. For $30 more we could have the ROOM only. I thought it should have been AT LEAST the same price. Even if we couldn't get the free parking and shuttle.

We didn't get the "cruise package". We found the hotel on hotels.com. When we arrived at check in, we asked about the parking and shuttle. We paid $99.00 for a dbl room. So we split the room with another couple. We liked it and can't wait to go back..

Archived