Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

The other day I booked a 1A on the Splendor; I know for sure that it has 2 port holes, but I'm getting conflicting information-if it has twin beds? 1 twin, and a sofa/bed?, or bunkbeds?

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows for sure....

Anyone have the layout of 8357 on the Freedom?

I was in 6393 first and took some pictures. I was in 8357 later and didnt take pictures ...because it was the same. Both cabins were wider than a regular inside and had the desk and refrig etc along the side instead of cut up into two pieces behind the bathroom and closet.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

If you are familiar with inside cabins .. you can see these are wider than insides.

I was in 6393 first and took some pictures. I was in 8357 later and didnt take pictures ...because it was the same. Both cabins were wider than a regular inside and had the desk and refrig etc along the side instead of cut up into two pieces behind the bathroom and closet.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

If you are familiar with inside cabins .. you can see these are wider than insides.

Thanks Fire!

The other day I booked a 1A on the Splendor; I know for sure that it has 2 port holes, but I'm getting conflicting information-if it has twin beds? 1 twin, and a sofa/bed?, or bunkbeds?

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows for sure....

The website that I book with says that 1201 and 1202 have a twin and a convertible sofa and that 1205 and 1206 have a twin and a pulldown.

The website that I book with says that 1201 and 1202 have a twin and a convertible sofa and that 1205 and 1206 have a twin and a pulldown.

Thanks, Tallyho8-in that case, it seems like there'd be more floor space, with only 1 bed, and no sofa......

If I am not mistaken, they will all have a sofa in them whether they have a pull down bunk or not.

I was in 1207 on the Freedom in January. This cabin had a sofa and single bed. It had portholes which made the cabin look much bigger and let in daylight. I loved it and would not hesitate to get it again. I was by myself, but, if I brought my wife with me, we could get by with the same room with her in the bed and me on the sofa.:D

If I am not mistaken, they will all have a sofa in them whether they have a pull down bunk or not.

I was in 1207 on the Freedom in January. This cabin had a sofa and single bed. It had portholes which made the cabin look much bigger and let in daylight. I loved it and would not hesitate to get it again. I was by myself, but, if I brought my wife with me, we could get by with the same room with her in the bed and me on the sofa.:D

I know all of these portholes on Conquest have a twin and convertible sofa, but Splendor is in a class by itself, built for costa, so I wasnt sure what they did with the beds.

• 1 month later...

Looking at an Elation cruise. Has anyone stayed in R1 or R17 (or both). R1 looks shorter/wider while r17 is longer. What are the layouts with regard to beds? I'll be solo, so only need one bed and would prefer more walking around space. Thanks.

Whew ! OP started this way back September 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM .

R-17 would be the larger room ;)

Current today ,

Interesting things I have noticed concerning the 1 A's is that internet travel sites offer them when while Carnival site says there sold out ??? .

Edited by Bo Didly

Looking at an Elation cruise. Has anyone stayed in R1 or R17 (or both). R1 looks shorter/wider while r17 is longer. What are the layouts with regard to beds? I'll be solo, so only need one bed and would prefer more walking around space. Thanks.

I took E9 eventually .. the cabin next to it LOOKED larger, but it had a housekeeping cabinet in the back of the cabin that the steward entered from outside.

So just because it looks larger, it might not be. It was in the end of the bathroom area with a door caty corner to mine.

I would just try to get the cabin further aft, as the further into the nose the more docking noise.

Whew ! OP started this way back September 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM .

R-17 would be the larger room ;)

Current today ,

Interesting things I have noticed concerning the 1 A's is that internet travel sites offer them when while Carnival site says there sold out ??? .

Playing games for comparing early saver prices! :(

Absolutely ;) ES is the price to beat.

For example internet Cruise sites can't sell any rooms cheaper than Carnival .

These sites are offering those rooms as an illusion to the cruise shopper.

Makes the cruise shopper think there getting a better deal than with Carnival .

Yes, playing games. I cant name the TA site, but I know one who uses 1A prices as starting prices .. and Carnival uses 4A prices as their starting inside prices.. so if you are seeing what you think is a lower price than Carnival's in public .. its game playing.

Yes, playing games. I cant name the TA site, but I know one who uses 1A prices as starting prices .. and Carnival uses 4A prices as their starting inside prices.. so if you are seeing what you think is a lower price than Carnival's in public .. its game playing.

Your right on with that post ;) !

Makes me wonder how many others on this board are catching on to Carnivals little game .

K

• 1 month later...

FANTASY CLASS

R19 forward

R50 mid

R52 mid

R54 mid

R56 mid

R58 mid

R60 mid

R62 mid

R64 mid

R66 mid

U167 aft

U169 aft

U171 aft

U173 aft

U175 aft

E181 aft

E183 aft

E185 aft

E187 aft

E189 aft

I added my (former) cabin number to your list!! I have pics in here from cabin R19 (inside cabin) onboard Imagination. :D Just so you know, the cabin might be different now (don't know if they changed the cabins at all when they went into dry-dock or with the EOF upgrades) as I took these on my very 1st cruise in January 2003!!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/571098732mCuCZr

Sorry you have to look through all my pics!! I couldn't figure out how to take them off of webshots and stick them in here!! :o

Edited by Avril

Hi Avril, this thread is only for 1A cabins. .. but R19 is indeed a insteresting shaped inside cabin.

I would post your picks to the cabin area of CC, or even sell them to cruisdeckplans if you find out how to copy just the link to one picture. they pay 50 cents a picture.

You could post the pics here. and even if some didnt reply now, if they did a later search, your thread would come up. Thats what I try to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=207

On the Elation, do any of the 1A cabins have anything different than and upper and lower?

No, on that class all are upper and lowers .. I think thats why they warn you on newer ships with the verbage as if they are all upper and lower on all ships, to protect themselves as it is true of the oldest class.

I did see someone who got their cabin steward to bring in a rollaway and they made due very well. A nice tip works wonders.

Hi Avril, this thread is only for 1A cabins. .. but R19 is indeed a insteresting shaped inside cabin.

I would post your picks to the cabin area of CC, or even sell them to cruisdeckplans if you find out how to copy just the link to one picture. they pay 50 cents a picture.

You could post the pics here. and even if some didnt reply now, if they did a later search, your thread would come up. Thats what I try to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=207

Oops, sorry!! :eek: :o I assumed it was a 1A. It was the only category left when we booked the cruise (about 2 weeks before we sailed) and it would have been the cheapest category anyway. My mistake!! What category is it then?

I am currently booked as a single in cabin 7345 on the Conquest, mainly because choices of 1As were extremely limited. I haven't read all twenty-something pages of this thread, but has anybody stayed in this cabin or have any pictures? Was there noise from the laundry next door?? Any other comments??? I very much appreciate any information you may be able to provide.

Oops, sorry!! :eek: :o I assumed it was a 1A. It was the only category left when we booked the cruise (about 2 weeks before we sailed) and it would have been the cheapest category anyway. My mistake!! What category is it then?

Its a 4A, but unusually shaped, so looks interesting to me anyway, thanks

I am currently booked as a single in cabin 7345 on the Conquest, mainly because choices of 1As were extremely limited. I haven't read all twenty-something pages of this thread, but has anybody stayed in this cabin or have any pictures? Was there noise from the laundry next door?? Any other comments??? I very much appreciate any information you may be able to provide.

I have been in the cabins on deck 6, 6393 and the one on deck 8, 8345? which should be just like yours. I was not bothered by the laundry. There was a storage closet in between me and the laundry. The cabin is wider than a regular inside .. great location being mid deck, and better than any inside to me.

two twins that can be pushed together, but much wider, so the furniture is all along the one wall, not split behind the closet and bath.

I lost most of my pictures, but maybe if you know how the furniture is in a inside, you can still see how much wider this cabin is than a inside.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Its a 4A, but unusually shaped, so looks interesting to me anyway, thanks

I have been in the cabins on deck 6, 6393 and the one on deck 8, 8345? which should be just like yours. I was not bothered by the laundry. There was a storage closet in between me and the laundry. The cabin is wider than a regular inside .. great location being mid deck, and better than any inside to me.

two twins that can be pushed together, but much wider, so the furniture is all along the one wall, not split behind the closet and bath.

I lost most of my pictures, but maybe if you know how the furniture is in a inside, you can still see how much wider this cabin is than a inside.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Thank you very much. I appreciate your reply - and the pictures. I'll admit, though, that I am confused because the description of the room clearly said an upper and lower. However, since I'll be alone in the room, it really doesn't make much difference. I just thought that with one lower and an upper I would have more floor space. On the deck plans, the room looks larger than a regular inside room, but I truly thought it was just a distortion of some kind. Maybe not...

• 2 weeks later...

Ebandive,

I cruised in Destiny's 1A with bed, sofabed and portholes solo last year and I am about to cruise in the same cabin again 2101 thanks to your website. I was in U169 on Sensation and it was indeed bunk beds. I will figure out how to post pics and post em here.

Anyway thanks, this is great info!

This is not a strictly 1A issue but I once got a handicapped cabin (M298 oe 299 on a Fantasy calss) and since then have requested Handicapped-accessible cabins, making it clear that I am not a handicapped passenger and if someone actually NEEDED the cabin, put me in another one, and twice have been placed in these huge cabins. Most cruise lines have a few of the HC accessible in each major category--inside, outside and balcony.

Does anyone know of any supposedly 1A cabins on Fantasy class that have anything extra like a window or extra space?

1A's are confusing, at least to me, and it seems to be to other members on the Carnival forum. I have started different threads on the topic, and still have questions about other 1A cabins because they all seem to be unique. I thought it would be beneficial to have one thread dedicated to this topic with all the information you would want to know.

I have started by listing just about all the 1A cabin's by number on the different ship classes. I, for one, am especially interested to better understand which cabins have true upper/lowers, which one have 2 twin beds that are able to push together, and which have 1 bed and 1 convertible sofa. Also, which ones have portholes or other interesting info. Pictures, if anyone has them, are a plus (with ship and room #, of course)! :D Please contribute to my list and make any changes for errors I may have made.

Thanks for your contributions!! :D

CONQUEST CLASS

1207 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1211 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1426 aft

1435 aft

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

6224 fwd, port,

6227 fwd, SB,

6393 mid, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

7345 mid, SB,

8357 mid, SB

SPIRIT CLASS

1211 fwd, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1247 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1249 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1255 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1257 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

FANTASY CLASS

R50 mid

R52 mid

R54 mid

R56 mid

R58 mid

R60 mid

R62 mid

R64 mid

R66 mid

U167 aft

U169 aft 1 upper 1 lower bed

U171 aft

U173 aft

U175 aft

E181 aft

E183 aft

E185 aft

E187 aft

E189 aft

DESTINY

1101 fwd, SB, portholes

1102 fwd, port, portholes

1105 fwd, SB, portholes

1106 fwd, port, portholes

1306 aft, port

1309 aft, SB

2101 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 cCS, portholes

2102 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2105 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2106 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2334 aft

2335 aft

6126 fwd

6127 fwd

TRIUMPH CLASS

1201 fwd, SB, portholes

1202 fwd, port, portholes

1205 fwd, SB, portholes

1206 fwd, port, portholes

1402 aft, port

1405 aft, SB

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2444 aft

2445 aft

6226 fwd

6227 fwd

I just wanted to clarify. Carnival is re-classing alot of staterooms across their fleet, so it's not that there won't be any 1A's. It's just what is now a 1A today could possibly be re-classed to a 4A, 5A etc.

I was just wanting to say your list could get out of date after this is finished on any given ship, so be sure to double check with your agent.

If you are booked in a 1A of course it's a 1A. Obviously those 1A's today with bunks, will still be 1A's when it's done. It's just some of the 1A's with two twins may be re-classed to 4a, 4b, etc.

FYI.

In our group a few ppl. did not want to believe that these "special" 1As on Desitny were really a sofabed and normal bed with portholes. They opted for regular 4As (insides, more $) because their Agents (CCL and VTG) told them they were 1As and definitley bunkbeds. Mine even told me that when I booked. You can check with your agent but the photographic proof is here.

Some agents are GREAT but others are just telemarketers who may never have been on a single cruise.