Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

As indicated all Fantasy class ships, the 1As are upper and lowers.

I think you should not post in public that you are taking HC cabins hoping to get upgraded, since Carnival usually doesnt bother and you are taking them from someone who needs them.. but thats not a 1A issue ... Id keep that kind of behavior secret myself.

I'v been told the answer is no, they only allow 2 to the cabin. There are a few cabins that even hold 3, there is a picture of one on deck 6 of the Conquest. Book that one and maybe you can tip the cabin steward extra to make up the 3rd bed?? It wouldnt be fair to expect a steward to do the extra work otherwise.

They will not move in a roll away so you can put a 3rd person in a cabin that is only rated for 2. coast guard rules for one thing, you would have to sneak them in to sleep. cant sneak them in at night if you are asking the cabin steward to help.

If you cannot book 3 in the cabin, the cabin steward wouldnt help you sneak in a 3rd person.

Take it from me, you can sneak anyone in to sleep in your cabin at night--!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

As indicated all Fantasy class ships, the 1As are upper and lowers.

I think you should not post in public that you are taking HC cabins hoping to get upgraded, since Carnival usually doesnt bother and you are taking them from someone who needs them.. but thats not a 1A issue ... Id keep that kind of behavior secret myself.

Dear Firefly,

I clearly stated in my post that I made it clear to the cruise line I did not need the cabin and this if someone needed the accessibility I could be moved. Not sure what you mean by "hoping to get upgraded" "or "Carnival doesn't bother." The HC cabins are bigger, but in the same category and when they have moved me because someone actually needed the accessibility it was within the same catogory.

I would NEVER lie or mislead about being handicapped, that is like parking in the HC spots.

Please re-read BEFORE ACCUSING,

THANKS,

In our group a few ppl. did not want to believe that these "special" 1As on Desitny were really a sofabed and normal bed with portholes. They opted for regular 4As (insides, more $) because their Agents (CCL and VTG) told them they were 1As and definitley bunkbeds. Mine even told me that when I booked. You can check with your agent but the photographic proof is here.

Some agents are GREAT but others are just telemarketers who may never have been on a single cruise.

I had the same experience when reserving with CCL - I remember booking one of the 'special' 1As - the one with 2 windows! The pvp told me I had to speak with a supervisor to confirm I understood I was getting a room with an upper and lower (I guess some people complained after the fact?). I thought that was pretty funny.

So supervisor gets on for the 'official' warning about the 1A room -and I tell him not to worry cuz this room has a lower bed, sofa and 2 windows...he is stunned and says not it doesn't - yes it does - no it doesn't - I tell him I know for a FACT that this is a special 1A - he says he has access to cabin pics - hold on - .....on hold for a few moments - he comes back 'you're right!" - this is a 1A with 2 windows - wow!

He was pretty impressed with my knowledge so much so that he offered me a job with Carnival by the end of the phone conversation - ha ha ha - what a hoot! :D:D

• 1 month later...

Do we have any more info on the Dream Class 1As yet? I see that 2211 has a twin and convertible sofa and portholes, and we're pretty sure 2217 is the same. Any details on any of the other ones?

Considering Breeze next year while she's in Europe and since we're in port pretty much every day I'm thinking we can go w/ the cheapest possible cabin, but don't want one of us to have to climb into a bunk. I'd love to book a PT but the date I think we'd want they are already sold out, but some of the 1As w/ Portholes are still available.

Do we have any more info on the Dream Class 1As yet? I see that 2211 has a twin and convertible sofa and portholes, and we're pretty sure 2217 is the same. Any details on any of the other ones?

Considering Breeze next year while she's in Europe and since we're in port pretty much every day I'm thinking we can go w/ the cheapest possible cabin, but don't want one of us to have to climb into a bunk. I'd love to book a PT but the date I think we'd want they are already sold out, but some of the 1As w/ Portholes are still available.

When doing a mock booking for 1A's w/portholes for 2 passengers, when you choose your room there is a description of that room right under it. It says This rooms includes. It will say twin bed and single sofa bed, it could also say twin bed and one upper pullman.

Sharon

Here are some pictures of 2217 from 2007, Joan.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2914540280098466749pwpIwH

It will be interesting to see if they made any changes.

Thanks! Should be a great cabin for one. Let's just hope the seas are fairly calm, because I have had issues with bow cabins before, even after I added Ginger (which has pretty much cured my seasickness).

When doing a mock booking for 1A's w/portholes for 2 passengers, when you choose your room there is a description of that room right under it. It says This rooms includes. It will say twin bed and single sofa bed, it could also say twin bed and one upper pullman.

Sharon

The reason for this thread is just because those descriptions saying "upper" are often in error.. so we started this thread so people would really know what was in the cabin. You cannot trust Carnival's description on these. .. lucky for us. Makes them a more hidden bargain.

The 4 HC cabins that are 1A on this class really are bunk beds :(

There are 4 HC 1As on upper decks .... those near the spa.

Im going to be on Magic next month and fully intend to get out and about and check out any cabins that are not occupied.

Seems odd that the HC's would have an upper. I guess it would definitely give more room on the floor, but what if both people were handicapped? Wouldn't think they'd be able to climb into the bunk.

Can't wait to hear your report on the Magic. What cabin do you have?

I've found I can get a regular inside for only about $30-$40 more than a 1A.

I'd pay more for a port hole cabin, with a twin and a convertible sofa that is OV size, or the three mid decks, 6, 7 and 8 are larger than insides with two twins on conquest.. they are worth more than a inside. Id never pay extra for a inside EXCEPT on Fantasy class. Thats why its important to know what the 1As are.

Seems odd that the HC's would have an upper. I guess it would definitely give more room on the floor, but what if both people were handicapped? Wouldn't think they'd be able to climb into the bunk.

Can't wait to hear your report on the Magic. What cabin do you have?

I too think its odd to have HCs as upper and lower. Its something new on Dream. beats me.

It says that I will hear more about the Magic preview the week of Nov 7th. Im leaving on Triumph Nov 7th, and then only have one night in Galveston before the preview. (with no printer to access). I just hope I HAVE a cabin, lol. I dont know. They have not told me which cabin.

Im going to be on Magic next month and fully intend to get out and about and check out any cabins that are not occupied.

Just got off the Legend :D and had a peek at a window cabin on the first floor. Loved it! Are these 6A cabins and do you know if any ships do 5-day cruises offer this type of room? Also, do any of the other cruiselines that Carnival owns have these type of Ocean View Windows (not portholes?) Thanks!

Just got off the Legend :D and had a peek at a window cabin on the first floor. Loved it! Are these 6A cabins and do you know if any ships do 5-day cruises offer this type of room? Also, do any of the other cruiselines that Carnival owns have these type of Ocean View Windows (not portholes?) Thanks!

I dont want to hijack this thread about 1As.

Im thinking you mean the 4js, which used to be 6Bs, that are obstructed OVs. I got one like that on Caribbean Princess, larger than a regular OV, just had a wall in front of the cabin which faced front. Lets leave this to 1A discussion.

I've been in one of those Deck 11 1A's on Dream. Two bunks, no other seating other than the vanity stool. Extremely large bathroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been in 1A room 7345 on Splendor? what is the bed types? 2 twins or 1 twin and upper? If you look at the deck plan 7345 is showing as a slightly bigger cabin than the regular inside cabin next door. Not sure if thats wrong on the deck plan or if infact this cabin is slightly larger. However, if you look at 6395 and 8357 which are the 1A's above and below those on the deck plan show as slightly smaller than the regular inside cabin next door. The only other different I found between deck 6, 7, 8 in that area is deck 7 has laundry while 6&8 say Iron only.

If anyone has any pictures or facts of how specifically 7345 is on Splendor it would be much appreciated.

I've been in one of those Deck 11 1A's on Dream. Two bunks, no other seating other than the vanity stool. Extremely large bathroom.

I had cabin 8351 on the Magic earlier this month, and this is exactly the configuration. The lack of seating was a bit of a drag for room service, but if you can deal with eating at the vanity instead it's not too bad. I did take pictures of my cabin, will try to remember to post them tonight when I get home.

Only downside of this particular cabin, IMHO, was being next to the elevator. Pretty quite during regular sailing conditions, but we had some *seriously* bad weather the first night (one of those nights when seasick bags are taped up everywhere, and everyone looks like they're drunk when they're walking), and all night long I could hear the elevator banging back and forth when it was in use.