Acapulco All questions answered.

Tacos&Beer

I'm a little overwhelmed! :D (Haven't had a chance to read this entire thread yet)

We'll be doing the 12:00p-1:00a stay in Acapulco.

I don't know what kind of activities to start looking into because besides the cliff diving, I really don't know what else Acapulco is famous for.

We like to do a variety of things, but I'm really not sure what would be best in Acapulco.

Besides cliff diving, what are considered "must see" activities in Acapulco? Maybe I can start to narrow down the kind of things we want to do and then go from there. :D

City tours?

Snorkeling?

Nice beaches?

Resorts?

Good restaurants?

Ruins?

Oh, and it looks like we'll be there on a Saturday. I guess that makes a difference with our options (??)

I don't think posting questions about Acapulco in this discussion is a good, or the best idea - I try to avoid participating in this dicussion - preferring, instead, to respond to questions posted individually . . . by themselves. Many people with knowledge about Acapulco will probably overlook, ignore this discussion thread also.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this was asked (didn't read all posts), but what is the best time to see the divers, day or night? We are considering doing a tour on the water with Fish r US, but they only go to divers during the day.

Thanks,

Jessica

I would like to make reservations direct with Cici waterpark to swim with the dolphins. The web site is only in spanish and unfortunately I don't speak spanish. I am wondering how much it costs and how to reserve it.

Thanks!

It looks like the park is open from 10 am to 6 pm and the cost to swim with the dolphins is $100 for 30 minutes and $140 for 1 hour. The price includes entrance to Cici Water Park, swimming with the dolphins, and the show. It also states CRUISE SHIPS: Note that we no longer offer the Swim with the Dolphins tour for guests from cruise ships (or on days when there is a cruise ship in Acapulco). The cruise lines made a deal with Cici to purchase ALL tickets and to charge their guests about DOUBLE.

Regarding the dolphins, they actually keep a few spots open for hotels,consierges, etc so not all is lost. Email them and tell them the date you wish to swim and book directly, just don't tell them you're from the cruise ship.

I can't post Fernandos email but if you look around the CICI's web page you will find it.

Due to a many factors, we have put on hold our pier expansion project.

We did, however, remodel ware house 1 (now known as Terminal 2) for turnaround operations we changed the entire look and it doesn't look like a regular warehouse any more. We purchased 2 X Ray machines, a metal detector arch and currently house a specialized Mexican Marine unit for any contigencies and mainly deterrance. They have special training to assist any security related incidents; an armed water patrol, two k-9 for explosives and drugs and we recently had our security port plan approved by MOT (we were one of the first in Mexico)

The local goverment also is implementing a welcome committee for cruise ships with random welcome festivities: a marching band, Mariachi or folkloric dancers. A few lucky passengers will get a free CD with hi def pictures of Acapulco. They are also providing additional assistance by the Tourist Police at all attractions to avoid people getting hussled or hassled.

We also launched a new web page as of last year and have posted our season calendar for cruise ships.

PS, we can berth 2 ships in port of up to 295 Mts LOA and 2 more anchored in the bay, with a floating pier for tender operations

• 2 weeks later...

We can safely berth 2 ships alongside the pier (up to 295 mts LOA each one) and have 2 ships anchored in the bay; we have a floating pier and a concrete landing pier for tenders.

At our web page you can see the date where there will be more than one ship at berth, we provide berth prospects according to date of berth reservation (first 2 reservations gets berth) and give preference to ships that will have turnaround operations.

Thank you for getting back with me...

the tour is with Chimal Tours...it goes to the city of Coloma and then a drive to Comala with a view of the volcano.

I would also like to see the ruins...do you know what National Park they are in? Thank you:)

Are you disembarking in Acapulco? Colima is about a 6 to 7 hour drive, don't think you have enough time to get back.

You should ask your tour operator this information, since they will be taking you to pre-arranged locations. I can give you a few suggestions, but, I really don't know that well Colima and you may be dissapointed.

The Parque Nacional el Nevado has a minimum elevation of 2,200 Mts, where you can see the volcano Nevado de Colima and Volcan de Fuego.

The City of Colima has an elevation of 490 Mts

Hi. How far is the cruise port from the airport? Time, miles, cost please. THANK YOU

Once we're onboard can we get back off the ship (Princess) and what's good to explore for a few hours that's nearby?

45 minutes (with regular trafific), 29 km and cost varies depending vehicle you hire at the airport, you can share a ride or pay a provate car, don't have the costs.

And yes, you will receive a boarding card, this is your ID to leave the ship into town and return to the ship. There a many interesting places to visit close to the port; Fort of San Diego, Mask Museum, Cliff Divers (shows 1pm, 07:30, 08:30, 09:30 and 10:30pm for the general public) Zocalo (main square), Cathedral, Malecon (fishers Warf).

Or you can walk to the beaches, just 2 blocks east of the port

Archived