Hotel in FLL

SayingIDo

I am traveling to FLL on 1/16 and need a 5 hotel rooms for 1 night previous to our cruise. I know it is peak season and prices are up, but where is good to stay that is under 200 per night. The cheaper the better as long as the place isn't a dump:) I would prefer it be close to a restaurant and a store to buy some alcohol. Also need a shuttle from the airport and to the cruiseport. Since there are about 12 of us I think that would be more affordable. Any help is appreciated. The best price I have found is the Rodeway Inn & Suites. Has anyone ever stayed there?

Thanks,

Trish

Try the HyattPlace or maybe the Embassy Suites....or the SpringHill suites.

You usually need 10 rooms to get a group rate, but it wouldn't hurt to call a few hotels directly, ask for the sales dept and see what they say.

The Courtyard airport/cruiseport is nice too, but aside from the Islamorada Fish Co in the Bass Pro Shops next door, there isn't anything around to eat.....it's a start anyway!

I am traveling to FLL on 1/16 and need a 5 hotel rooms for 1 night previous to our cruise. I know it is peak season and prices are up, but where is good to stay that is under 200 per night. The cheaper the better as long as the place isn't a dump:) I would prefer it be close to a restaurant and a store to buy some alcohol. Also need a shuttle from the airport and to the cruiseport. Since there are about 12 of us I think that would be more affordable. Any help is appreciated. The best price I have found is the Rodeway Inn & Suites. Has anyone ever stayed there?

Thanks,

Trish

I think I remember Bequia telling folks to stay away from Rodeway-- bad area.

I am looking as well-- for 1/27. Everyone seems to recommend Embassy Suites-- would love to stay there but the price for that night is $339. Yikes!!:eek:

Thanks,

Trish

Might want to give the Sleep Inn in Dania a look. It has shopping and restaurants across the street and a Walgreen's next door. Aslo, has airport and cruiseport shuttle.

Thanks,

Trish

Trish, I wrote this as a reply to your other posts but I'll repost here.

Do not stay at The Rodeway Inn. Yuk.

I would say go ahead and look at Hyatt Place and the Holiday Inn Express both on 17th Street (Hyatt Place is actually 10th).

By trying to scrimp so much on the hotel during peak season, you could easily end up with very unhappy guests.

With the above two, they are moderately priced and have very easy access to grocery stores, restaurants, shopping, attractions, Sun Trolley, and Water Taxi.

Why not make the start of the trip a good experience? It is part of your wedding/honeymoon/vacation so treat it as such instead of 'it's just a place to sleep'.

Fort Lauderdale is an outstanding place that unfortunately most people don't realize it has got a lot more going on than most of the cruise ports.

Thanks,

Trish

I would check over on Hotwire. They can offer five rooms at a time. Looks like the have a 4* hotel in North Ft Lauderdale (probably the Westin) for $156 + tax per room/ per night. May want to get a couple of rental cars??

Good Luck!

Kel:)

Check the Hyatt Place thru valuetrips. You may be able to get it thru that website. They have a free shuttle to the airport and cruise port as well as continental breakfast in the morning. It is also within walking distance of everything you will need.

Might want to give the Sleep Inn in Dania a look. It has shopping and restaurants across the street and a Walgreen's next door. Aslo, has airport and cruiseport shuttle.

Have you stayed there? The reviews on all the travel websites give teh Rodeway a rather good review and people are telling me not to stay there. At this point I need to know details of these places. Thanks.

Have you stayed there? The reviews on all the travel websites give teh Rodeway a rather good review and people are telling me not to stay there. At this point I need to know details of these places. Thanks.
Yes, have stayed here at least three times pre-cruise. It is not a luxury hotel but found it to be a good value for a pre-cruise stay.

Thanks,

Trish

I just recently called all the hotels in the area for a one night stay on 1/9. The prices are pretty high. I called the hotels directly and used AAA discount. Embassy Suites Holiday Inn didn't have any rooms avail, both of the Hyatt's were 228 w/o tax. Hampton Inn was 228 with tax, Candlewood was 206 with tax, Laquinta was 161 w/o tax, Springhill was 206 with tax. I opted for Springhill because it had better reviews and was across a shopping center. All of these hotels also have shuttles from the airport and to Port Everglades so that helps me out too.

I heard mixed reviews about LaQuinta and some bugs and I'm leary about that so that's why I didn't go with that. Appearantly Springhill is Marriott owned and has been renovated. It's hard to decide from miles away --we'll see.

Hope this helps.

I heard mixed reviews about LaQuinta and some bugs and I'm leary about that so that's why I didn't go with that. Appearantly Springhill is Marriott owned and has been renovated. It's hard to decide from miles away --we'll see.

I've tried to find where you read about bugs :eek:, etc., at the LaQuinta. Can you post a link to the review?

Thanks,

I've tried to find where you read about bugs :eek:, etc., at the LaQuinta. Can you post a link to the review?

Thanks,

Plant I looked at sites from Priceline to Expedia to hotwire trying to find deals before I decided where to stay. I also checked out trip advisor and other independent reviews on hotels that I was considering staying. I didn't save nor remember where it was. There were a couple of references to bugs .. one to a roach in the tub, another to small unidentifed ones. There were other reviews saying that it was comfortable, very nice and remodeled as well. I am ghastly afraid of spiders so I didn't want to take the chance. It might very well be a decent hotel.

Just got a room on Priceline for March 20 pre-cruise for $140. Mixed reviews on Travelocity....some very good some average. Lists for $249-$289 on other travel sites. We arrive late on Friday leave for the port on Saturday...sounds good for the the price.

Good Luck.

Plant I looked at sites from Priceline to Expedia to hotwire trying to find deals before I decided where to stay. I also checked out trip advisor and other independent reviews on hotels that I was considering staying. I didn't save nor remember where it was. There were a couple of references to bugs .. one to a roach in the tub, another to small unidentifed ones. There were other reviews saying that it was comfortable, very nice and remodeled as well. I am ghastly afraid of spiders so I didn't want to take the chance. It might very well be a decent hotel.

Nednrom, we've only been to Florida a few times, but "water bugs" (okay, roaches :eek: ) are common. You won't find them overtaking a hotel room, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one! I don't think spiders are as much of a problem.

I guess I was thinking the review you read was more about bed bugs or lots of roaches.

Bugs seem to love Florida as much as people do :) ! I hope your stay at Springhill is "bugless & spiderless" :D !

Just got a room on Priceline for March 20 pre-cruise for $140. Mixed reviews on Travelocity....some very good some average. Lists for $249-$289 on other travel sites. We arrive late on Friday leave for the port on Saturday...sounds good for the the price.

Good Luck.

If this is the one *up* the beach a bit, we stayed there in 2006. Not the "Yankee Trader", but "Yankee Clipper". It was okay. A bit pretentious, a bit isolated, but fine in its way. Nothing wrong with the rooms, kind of plain. On the beach, walking distance to some decent restaurants. For that price, I'd go for it. The bar and restaurant are pretty expensive. There's a gym and pool.

Nednrom, we've only been to Florida a few times, but "water bugs" (okay, roaches :eek: ) are common. You won't find them overtaking a hotel room, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one! I don't think spiders are as much of a problem.

I guess I was thinking the review you read was more about bed bugs or lots of roaches.

Bugs seem to love Florida as much as people do :) ! I hope your stay at Springhill is "bugless & spiderless" :D !

Yes, there are palemetto bugs everywhere but you will not see them. They are not a sign of uncleanliness but a fact of life. You cannot kill them.

I just booked HyattPlace through Hotwire for $69 a night. It is listed as a 3 star in the Port section. They offer a shuttle to the airport and port as well as a continental breakfast. It get's pretty decent reviews on TripAdvisor too!

Can someone tell me which Hyatt Place offers a free shuttle to the terminal? Is it Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport-North? I just found a good rate (AAA) but all I can find about it on the site is that it offers a complimentary airport shuttle during certain times.

It says it's 1/2 mi from Port Everglades, but doesn't offer additional info on getting there. :(

I have another question regarding shuttles.

Say I catch a hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Then I use the hotel shuttle the next morning to the terminal.

When I get back from the cruise, can I then take the hotel shuttle from the pier to the hotel, and then a shuttle to the airport from the hotel? Is it worth it? Or should I get a taxi from the terminal directly to the airport? There are 3 of us. Does anyone know how much that costs (approx) ?

Thanks!!

I just booked HyattPlace through Hotwire for $69 a night. It is listed as a 3 star in the Port section. They offer a shuttle to the airport and port as well as a continental breakfast. It get's pretty decent reviews on TripAdvisor too!

Hi,

When did you book the hotel for? I'm looking at the end of March and everything is SO expensive! Just curious!

Thanks,

Keri

Hi,

When did you book the hotel for? I'm looking at the end of March and everything is SO expensive! Just curious!

Thanks,

Keri

Keri,

Look at Hotwire for your dates -- 4 star hotel Las Olas for $169 + tax (sounds like the Renaissance) and 3 star Ft Lauderdale Beach for $144 + tax (Sheraton, Bahia Mar??)

You might start bidding on Priceline (?).

Good Luck

Kel:)

Archived