Liquor

parisbully

We have not cruised Regent since the "all-inclusive" liquor. We will be cruising Voyager December 1. I read somewhere on this board that premium brands are not included. I am a vodka drinker and I am not particular. Smironoff is OK with me. Is that considered premium? What is premium? Will I only be able to get a Popov or something like that?

Also which champagnes are served without additional charge.

One last question, will I be able to get any of these in my cabin or only in the bars, restaurants?

Yes you can get Smirinoff and yes you can get a bottle for your cabin, but unless you are in a butler suite, you will have to ask for it. Just tell your room steward or stewardess what you would like and she will bring it to you! Premium has included Belvedere and Grey Goose in the past, as well as Absolut. I have never had any trouble getting any of the top brands by just asking!

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

This is my first cruise with Regent, but this is what I did. When it was time to make the online dinner reservations, I called and asked them about the liquor policy. They said I could pre-order everything so I asked for Grey Goose and they said it was premium so I settled for Absolut. I also asked for a bottle of rum and got Bacardi. They asked if I wanted to pre-order mixers so I ordered bloody mary mix and diet, caffine free coke or pepsi. They also said there would be a bottle of Champagne in our stateroom, but did not mention the brand.

They also said there would be a bottle of Champagne in our stateroom, but did not mention the brand.

For the past couple of years, on Mariner and Voyager, that bottle has been Chateau d'Avrille Cremant de Loire.

When we were on the Mariner in a PH B suite (with butler) in January there was a bottle of the Regent sparkling wine - mousseux in other words! - in our suite when we arrived. I told our butler that we really didn't care for that and probably wouldn't drink it. The next day he appeared with a bottle of Heidseick Brut!! I noticed that this was also available in the bars - it appeared on the bar menu in the Observation Lounge for example. All you need to do is ask.:)

When you are accustom to drinking light beers, like Coors Light, or Bud Light

it is tough to drink the import beers they have in the mini frig so I always

ask them to change it to Bud light or Coors light. No problem.

GREAT infor on vodka etc., but can someone fll us in on the wines? We drink wine before & during dinner. What is a house wine & what is a premium? This is our first PG trip & would like to be prepared to have bottles in our fridge. (what a decadent joy!) Thanks from the seagirl.

GREAT infor on vodka etc., but can someone fll us in on the wines? We drink wine before & during dinner. What is a house wine & what is a premium? This is our first PG trip & would like to be prepared to have bottles in our fridge. (what a decadent joy!) Thanks from the seagirl.

There are a lot of brand name wines that they serve. The rule of thumb is the wines that are included are in the $8-$20 range, anything above that would probably fall in the premium range.

The house wines are drinkable, not spectacular, but pleasant enough. However, if you appreciate fine wine you may be pleased to see the reasonable prices on the alternative wine list. One wine that I really like is less on the Navigator than I can buy retail, even at a discount.

One white and one red is poured at each meal. If you don't like that particular wine, the sommelier should be able to substitute another from the house wine list. You may be to be insistant, as they make a percentage from the wine sales and may push you to purchase instead. Make a friend of the sommelier and I guarantee you will be taken care of.

JoAnne B

Houston

I don't drink hard liquor unless someone tells me I MUST try something on a very rare occasion. I stick to wine, mostly white. It just doesn't work as well for me on Regent as it does on Silversea, but it is "doable" to always have a bottle in the fridge if you go with this: consider asking for an initial setup of two bottles of something, but if you want vodka, etc., save this for that timeframe. If in a standard suite, you can get this, but you have to request it online or with the stewardess. They will bring it. If you ask them again, they may site this one time setup "policy", etc. It is embarrassing to me, and I am not messing with it anymore.

What does work is to call room service and say you would like a bottle of wine and two glasses. Usually they then ask if we wouild like it opened or not either on the phone or when they arrive with the wine. It always comes in minutes unless in a port with some lock down issue like the Middle East or something. You can get all the wine you want around the ship when they are open - lunch, dinner, and at the bars, they will have a couple of house wines they are pouring. Generally, if they are bringing a savignon blanc and you don't like savignon blanc, you can say what you do like, and they will find a complimentary wine more to your taste.

ON my last PG tripI found I liked one white better than the others. Ernesto made sure the bar waiters knew my preference so wherever I was dining they would make sure that they would only pour this one for me. PG service is awesome.

Archived