OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Stunning. What kind of course did you take? These are lovely. I hope to get some shots this weekend when I visit Rocky Mountain National Park again... can't wait! Weather promises sunny and low 60s in Estes Park. I'm going to leave Denver early enough to get some soft light shots. I hope I get one I can post here.

Thanks for sharing--just lovely!

Stunning. What kind of course did you take? These are lovely. I hope to get some shots this weekend when I visit Rocky Mountain National Park again... can't wait! Weather promises sunny and low 60s in Estes Park. I'm going to leave Denver early enough to get some soft light shots. I hope I get one I can post here.

Thanks for sharing--just lovely!

Hope you are able to get some shots and will share with us. Looking forward to viewing them.:)

DSC_0819.jpg

Thanks, everyone! It's easy to take good pictures when you've got such gorgeous scenery to shoot. The course was just a community education class but taught me a lot about the more advanced settings on my Canon 40D. I think these photos turned out so well more because I followed Dave's (Pierces) advice/classes from this board than because of the in-person class. I used a Hoya Moose Warm Circular Polarizer and tried to pay attention to rule-of-thirds.

Robin

Hi Jean I checked out you site and I like it. Job well done. I'll check back every now and then and best wishes for you and your family on the soon to be new baby.

DSC_0829.jpg

Cruiser Forever,

Nice job on the fence! And I appreciate you encouragment on the website! The website was a lot of fun to do - and my DD helped with the extras! Loved your flower album!

And since I'm on here - I'll add another picture :p

ry%3D400

or 2

ry%3D400

Dude! Where's your Basket?:eek:

ry%3D400

I've just read through this whole thread! There are some great pictures. I'll take the plunge and post a few of my favorites.

Vacation7-2007150.jpg

vacation7-2007279.jpg

vacation7-2007346.jpg

ChristmasinEpcot.jpg

dsc04740.jpg

I just got a new DSLR last week. I'm hoping to get out and take a bunch of pics with that.:)

Lynn

Your photos are awesome! I am thinking about taking the next step and buying a DSLR but haven't made up my mind yet. I am leaning towards a Pentax cuz I have alot of my film cameras lenses and they will fit the DSLR model I am looking at. Keep posting more of your photos.

Marian

Your photos are awesome! I am thinking about taking the next step and buying a DSLR but haven't made up my mind yet. I am leaning towards a Pentax cuz I have alot of my film cameras lenses and they will fit the DSLR model I am looking at. Keep posting more of your photos.

Marian

My HD has his second Pentax DSLR and really likes it. Having lenses for it is really a plus.

Lynn, your photos are wonderful!

Cruiser Forever,

Nice job on the fence! And I appreciate you encouragment on the website! The website was a lot of fun to do - and my DD helped with the extras! Loved your flower album!

And since I'm on here - I'll add another picture :p

ry%3D400

or 2

ry%3D400

Dude! Where's your Basket?:eek:

ry%3D400

Jean, Thanks for viewing both my Europe and Flower books. I loved making them. I think you and your DD did a wonderful job on the website. As for your comment about my Cruise/Europe book "A really beautiful album - but how did you keep it to 20 pages?!?! lol! LOL it wasn't easy. What I did was use more photos in a traditional scrapbook method. And I have a total of 3 albums. I know I'm addicted. I need help!!! Love your hot air balloon pictures.

Here is a link to the web site I created on Shutterfly

http://joannectraveladventures.shutterfly.com/

Everyone has been posting amazing photos. I stop and say to myself WOW!!! Thanks for shsring everyone.:D

CruiserForever - Stopped by your website - Really NICE!! I have to figure out how to make the pictures scroll like yours. We couldn't figure it out. What I love about the Balloon Fiesta is that in a lot of pictures, unless your really tall... you get a lot of pictures of people holding up their cameras on the bottom of your pictures & most of the people in the crowd all walk around with a camera in front of their faces....unless your a Storm Trooper, then you wear it around your neck! LOL :D

ry%3D400

Looking through the inside of a balloon being inflated.

CruiserForever - Stopped by your website - Really NICE!! I have to figure out how to make the pictures scroll like yours. We couldn't figure it out. What I love about the Balloon Fiesta is that in a lot of pictures, unless your really tall... you get a lot of pictures of people holding up their cameras on the bottom of your pictures & most of the people in the crowd all walk around with a camera in front of their faces....unless your a Storm Trooper, then you wear it around your neck! LOL :D

ry%3D400

Looking through the inside of a balloon being inflated.

Jean, thanks for stopping by I read your comments. Much appreciated. :) As for the photos scrolling, there is an option arrow and you can check the film strip view and then it will scroll. My kids are big Star Wars fans, I'll have to show them the storm trooper photo. LOL

Here is my picture for the day. I love how the colors are changing on the tree.

DSC_779.jpg

Carol.........great shot...I love pics that have a reflection!

CruiserForever: The evergreens behind that beautiful tree seem to make the colors even jump out more!

Dave - Very cool....my first grandbaby girl is due in Feb....Can I borrow your pose?:)

Carol.........great shot...I love pics that have a reflection!

CruiserForever: The evergreens behind that beautiful tree seem to make the colors even jump out more!

Dave - Very cool....my first grandbaby girl is due in Feb....Can I borrow your pose?:)

I happen to agree. I love that picture from Carol. WOW!! Perfection. As for Dave's photo I agree with

Rosieo "Dave that is an amazing picture of you and your granddaughter. That needs to be framed, I know I would. You have the greatest ideas!" Just beautiful and precious. Thanks for sharing everyone.:D Jean, Glad you liked my tree photo.

Thanks for your comments about my picture. I took it several years ago when I got my first camera and was taking a photography class. I didn't even know how to get the camera off automatic. It was beginner's luck. I happened to show it to a man who does photography for a living and he told me it was art and I should have it blown up. I did and it's backed with a heavy cardboard. This is it on my mantle.

2956948710103118723S500x500Q85.jpg

This is my photo for today.

DSC_0012.jpg

mamaofami, Beginners luck that paid off. That photo is worth enlarging and framing. It is so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it.:D

If you look at the picture above, you can see that I did enlarge the photo and it's on my mantle. No one believes I took it. But, and what is most important, is that I know I did.:D

If you look at the picture above, you can see that I did enlarge the photo and it's on my mantle. No one believes I took it. But, and what is most important, is that I know I did.:D

Yes I did noticed that you enlarged it and it does look mighty fine over your mantle. Do you have any more that you can share with us.:)

Archived