OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

It was a beautiful day in Virginia yesterday. This picture is of the home at Smith's Fort close to Jamestown:

2712178590065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

And this shows that all the eagles aren't in Alaska. Some are in the middle of the James River in VA:

These were taken about 2 months ago at Richmond Town on Staten Island, NY.

DSC_0689.jpg

DSC_0686.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

http://www.historicrichmondtown.org/about.html

BTW, I love that picture of Smith's Fort in Jamestown. It is really beautiful. :D

Judy!

Please come! Come in the fall/winter. The closer to winter you get (and through till spring), you'll see oodles of migratory birds. Yesterday we saw a Bald Eagle feasting on something on the ground--something we don't often see. We've seen cattle egrets, black ducks, wood ducks, snow geese by the thousands, wild ponies, sika elk, deer, etc. We've never been "skunked" when we go to visit. It's wild and barren, but there's treasure there :)

And when you're driving through town, if you want a snack, visit the Island Creamery in Chincoteague for delicious home-made ice cream or if you want dinner, AJ's on the Creek, though not updated in its decor, serves incredible food.

Here's a picture of a plover--they are such sweet, hard-working little birdies :)

11-1Chincoteague008.jpg

2277472620102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Fisgard Lighthouse, Vancouver Island, BC

WOW I love this photo. I have a weakness for lighthouses. I always buy calendars with lighthouses and this picture is amazing. Good enough to enlarge and frame it for you home. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks to everyone else too this page has beauitful photos.:D

Judy!

Please come! Come in the fall/winter. The closer to winter you get (and through till spring), you'll see oodles of migratory birds. Yesterday we saw a Bald Eagle feasting on something on the ground--something we don't often see. We've seen cattle egrets, black ducks, wood ducks, snow geese by the thousands, wild ponies, sika elk, deer, etc. We've never been "skunked" when we go to visit. It's wild and barren, but there's treasure there :)

And when you're driving through town, if you want a snack, visit the Island Creamery in Chincoteague for delicious home-made ice cream or if you want dinner, AJ's on the Creek, though not updated in its decor, serves incredible food.

Thanks for the tips, Debra. We have thought about finding a B&B on the Eastern Shore and spending a few days since it looks like we might not be cruising for a while. My DH is really into bird photography. As a matter of fact, our last trip to the ES was with the local bird club.

Thanks for the tips, Debra. We have thought about finding a B&B on the Eastern Shore and spending a few days since it looks like we might not be cruising for a while. My DH is really into bird photography. As a matter of fact, our last trip to the ES was with the local bird club.

If you decide to come, let me know--there are B&B's on Chincoteague itself if that's where you decide you would like to go.

Black Water Wildlife Refuge (up in Cambridge) has a very high concentration of Bald Eagles and Ospreys.

If you want to write me about it, my address is valancy1@yahoo.com (that's where I pick up public e-mail).

If you decide to come, let me know--there are B&B's on Chincoteague itself if that's where you decide you would like to go.

Black Water Wildlife Refuge (up in Cambridge) has a very high concentration of Bald Eagles and Ospreys.

If you want to write me about it, my address is valancy1@yahoo.com (that's where I pick up public e-mail).

Thanks. You might be hearing from me. :)

Archived