OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Beautiful. What kind of glass did you use to get those lunar shots? I was told in my home study course that it was nearly impossible to get the moon.... I would love to know any tricks you can offer. Lovely lovely lovely of the birdie!!!

Good afternoon to all, Love these photos that everyone has been sharing. CabinForFour, Love those photos especially the bird.:)

valancy1, Breathtaking scenery Wish I were there too. Thanks for posting them and look forward to many more. We have talented photographers on these CC boards:D

Beautiful. What kind of glass did you use to get those lunar shots? I was told in my home study course that it was nearly impossible to get the moon.... I would love to know any tricks you can offer. Lovely lovely lovely of the birdie!!!

Thanks. The moon shots weren't taken with any fancy "glass," just my Canon S2 at full zoom (10x) with manual settings on a tripod in my driveway. The first few phases were shot with shutter priority at 1/400. The shutter speed decreased as the moon slipped behind the shadow. When the moon was completely covered, the shutter speed was as slow as 15 seconds. I used the 2-second timer to release the shutter to avoid any shake. Other than cropping, they haven't been altered in any way. You'll notice two stars on the second photo. The one to the left is Saturn and the one above is Regulus (part of the Leo constellation). Under normal circumstances, the moon's brightness hides them, but they appeared slowly as the moon darkened during the eclipse.

The bird photos were shot with the Panasonic FZ28 I bought last week. After taking 20,000+ photos over the past three years, my S2 was making funny noises. I toyed with upgrading to a SLR, but I decided that I just don't want to bother with the heavier camera and big lenses. Even though I know that I'm sacrificing some quality of the photo, the convenience of having one lens do all in a smaller package (and less cost) won out. I do like being able to use a polarizer, which is why I opted for the FZ28 versus the never version of my S2 (Canon xs10) which unfortunately won't take lenses. So far, I have been very pleased with the FZ28! Can't wait to play with it some more!

I recently had some great photo opportunities on a vacation visiting friends in Carmel and Sausalito, CA. Not a cruising vacation, but I was thinking of the C.C.P.I.C.S lessons and,

Perspective

winesmall.jpg

Thirds

lobossmall.jpg

Low light

nightsmall.jpg

If anyone wants to go through the whole slide show, it is here.

http://roffee.org/slideshows/CAL2008/index.html

I recently had some great photo opportunities on a vacation visiting friends in Carmel and Sausalito, CA. Not a cruising vacation, but I was thinking of the C.C.P.I.C.S lessons and,

Perspective

winesmall.jpg

Thirds

lobossmall.jpg

Low light

nightsmall.jpg

VERY NICE! I love Carmel and Sausalito!!

Great pics - wow! Here's a few of my favorites - I usually don't go anywhere without a camera but managed to somehow "break" two in the past two weeks so now am stuck with an oldie - thankfully no big trips coming up of I'd HAVE TO buy another one:D

708795967_OldFordheadlightblackandwhite.jpg.f43de32a2739c488a46c9739fc930ada.jpg

1302394975_peachrose.jpg.13e19416abf7a9149d2599ce80ab5bdb.jpg

1863105249_sunsetQuincybay.jpg.38b49665bc3f716c5cb2f0b92b10ee0a.jpg

Perspective

winesmall.jpg

Thirds

lobossmall.jpg

Low light

nightsmall.jpg

http://roffee.org/slideshows/CAL2008/index.html

WOW so beautiful, especially the shoreline. Thanks for sharing and also I will be checking out your slideshow I know that too must have amazing pictures.:D :D

Oregon was a spur of the moment trip.

In June 2006, found out I was going to have a major project at work that would kick off in August and last the rest of the year. So, if I was going to have any time off, mid July was it. No one else could take time off except my mom.

We live in Texas and it was already blazing hot in June. While visiting my mom and watching the Weather Channel, the only cool places in the country were Colorado, Washington state, and Oregon. Been to Colorado lots of times. Checked on airline tickets and Portland was cheaper. Thats how the whole trip started. We were off on our adventure armed with a Moon Handbook, a rental car, and some hotel reservations.

Drove down the coast, across to Crater Lake, back to Portland, and out the Columbia River gorge to the cherry orchards. It was one of the best trips I have ever taken. Normally, I like to travel in the off seasons, because of crowds and the heat. Well, other than the Houston airport crowd, it was not bad. And heat wise, we had to wear jackets a lot (even through Oregon was having a July heat wave :) ).

Here is another picture for you:

2274813150102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Oregon was a spur of the moment trip.

Here is another picture for you:

2274813150102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Another Beautiful picture. WOW!!! What type of camera did you use to take these breathtaking pictures? Thanks a million for sharing this one too. I really love this one just as much as the previous one. This trip must have been so enjoyable and special. I'd love to take a spur of the moment trip one day.

Here is a photo of a turkey which was roaming around my daughter's campus on her graduation day. In four years of going to college she nor I have ever seen this turkey on the grounds of the college. And then all of a sudden on graduation day they turkey makes an appearance.

SNV10525.jpg

Archived