OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Love the Washington state picture!

I have a Canon Powershot S2. It was brand new when I took the Oregon pictures, set on auto. I have since learned to use the various other settings. :rolleyes:

I am thinking about upgrading to the Canon SX10 before my trip to Alaska next year. Watching for a Christmas sale.

Here are some Texas pictures this past summer:

2726595210102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

2798666610102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

I love traveling our beautiful country and Canada taking pictures.

Jamie

I have a Canon Powershot S2. It was brand new when I took the Oregon pictures, set on auto. I have since learned to use the various other settings. :rolleyes:

I am thinking about upgrading to the Canon SX10 before my trip to Alaska next year. Watching for a Christmas sale.

Your pictures are beautiful. You have a good eye for composition.

I have a good friend who just upgraded from the S2 to the S5 and is very pleased with it. I have a Canon G9 and like it but wish that I had the extra zoom that the S series cameras have. All my Alaska pictures this year were taken with it. I could sure have used the big zoom then.

Thanks guys for your complements.

I love taking pictures, planning trips to take pictures, or looking at everyone else's pictures.

2409461890102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Mom & I had dungeness crab for the first time on our Oregon trip. YUM! Who would want the pitiful, small blue crabs we have in Texas now? We also developed a fondness for Rainier cherries, Tillamook ice cream (huckleberry), and Tillamook cheese. Which is a sin in Texas, because everyone loves Blue Bell ice cream here.

2176730110102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

2380628220102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Jamie

Did anyone in their childhood read Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry? Chincoteague is a real place, and I am fortunate to live about 40 minutes from there. Barely separated from Chincoteague Island is Assateague Island which is co-owned by Maryland and Virginia. This is where the ponies live described in the book.

This picture (sans ponies) is so typical of Assateague Island. I hope you enjoy its serenity.

Chincoteague10-20-08004.jpg

Thanks for the complements about my Oregon pictures.

If you like those, just wait until you see the pictures from my trip to Washington state / Victoria during April. Will try to post some of those tomorrow night.

Family work day tomorrow at our beach house on Bolivar Pennisula, which was devastated last month by hurricane Ike.

Here is a link to my pictures on our first trip down after the storm:

http://news.webshots.com/slideshow/567453023rxWiVW

Jamie

Wow, your photos are just awesome. The Oregon coast is one place DH and I have not been but want to go. After looking at your photos.....I want to go NOW. Marian

I agree with you BldLvr. These photos want to make me make plans and pack my bags. The photos every single one are so beautiful they should be enlarged and displayed in the living room or hallway. They are just too beauitful to be put into a photo album. Thanks for sharing them TexasJam :D :D :D

Thanks for the complements about my Oregon pictures.

If you like those, just wait until you see the pictures from my trip to Washington state / Victoria during April. Will try to post some of those tomorrow night.

Family work day tomorrow at our beach house on Bolivar Pennisula, which was devastated last month by hurricane Ike.

Here is a link to my pictures on our first trip down after the storm:

http://news.webshots.com/slideshow/567453023rxWiVW

Jamie

Sorry about your beach house and the destruction Ike brought on everyone in Texas. :( I do look forward to your Washington state photos. :D I know you won't disappoint. I'll be checking out your webshots link and I wish you the very best. Till next time, just be safe.

Thanks guys for your complements.

I love taking pictures, planning trips to take pictures, or looking at everyone else's pictures.

2409461890102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Mom & I had dungeness crab for the first time on our Oregon trip. YUM! Who would want the pitiful, small blue crabs we have in Texas now? We also developed a fondness for Rainier cherries, Tillamook ice cream (huckleberry), and Tillamook cheese. Which is a sin in Texas, because everyone loves Blue Bell ice cream here.

2380628220102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Jamie

I just love that lighthouse photo. Really beautiful. :D I too had Dungess crabs on my cruise to Alaska back in 2006. Very tasty. I toolove taking pictures, going places to take pictures and viewing everyone else pictures. :)

Nice pictures folks. We do have some good photographers here.

A turkey at graduation? An omen? :rolleyes:

LOL Afterall, Thanksgiving is coming up.:eek: I agree with you Roff, this thread has some mighty fine and amazing pictures.

Here are some Texas pictures this past summer:

2726595210102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

2798666610102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

I love traveling our beautiful country and Canada taking pictures.

Jamie

Jamie, that Canon Powershot 52 takes really amazing pictures. I take my photos on auto too still have to learn how to fully use my Nikon D80. My very first camera that I bought with my own money was a Canon AE1 back in 1978. :eek: OMG that was so long ago. I just love the flowers and nature photos.

This is a panorama shot from the top of Steptoe Butte in Eastern Washington state:

Pretty country we have here!

Dave

Dave, Just Beautiful!! Makes my want to add Washington State on my list of places to see before I'm old & gray. :p

udynorth, Love the fall pictures in Williamsburg. You should frame that picture and hang it up in your living room. ITA with mnbruce "What a incredible collection of images! Too many great ones to comment on individual ones." Love the duck one mnbruce.

valancy1, Love your photos too. Thanks for sharing. Just love seeing everyones photos. We should open up a gallery because some of these photos are just so amazing.!!

As promised, here are a couple of pictures from our trip this year:

2648878030102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

2198724890102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Took a girls only trip in April with my mom and best friend Kay.

From Seattle, we spent a couple of days in each of the following: Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, Victoria BC / Butchart Gardens, Olympic National Park, and Whidbey Island / Meerkerk Gardens.

Some of the most beautiful spring flowers I have ever seen.

Jamie

As promised, here are a couple of pictures from our trip this year:

2648878030102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

2198724890102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Took a girls only trip in April with my mom and best friend Kay.

From Seattle, we spent a couple of days in each of the following: Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, Victoria BC / Butchart Gardens, Olympic National Park, and Whidbey Island / Meerkerk Gardens.

Some of the most beautiful spring flowers I have ever seen.

Jamie

LUV both these pictures. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I hope to have some new photos this weekend. :)

Archived