OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

It is raining today in Tidewater VA but overnight the leaves changed colors. Here are a few pictures taken on my street.

Crepe myrtle tree down the street:

2135566870065523202S500x500Q85.jpg

Closeup:

2888614740065523202S500x500Q85.jpg

Dogwood tree:

2636699220065523202S500x500Q85.jpg

Dave, love the costumes. Your granddaughters are adorable!

It is raining today in Tidewater VA but overnight the leaves changed colors. Here are a few pictures taken on my street.

Crepe myrtle tree down the street:

2135566870065523202S500x500Q85.jpg

Closeup:

2888614740065523202S500x500Q85.jpg

Dogwood tree:

2636699220065523202S500x500Q85.jpg

Judy - Thanks for the folliage. Hope to see some here in Southeast Texas by the end of the month.

Jamie

mnbruce What camera do you use? It takes great pictures!

If you're a good photographer, it's not so much the camera as the photographer and their "eye". Understanding light and exposure.

Sure, some of the bells & whistles are nice, but you could have a Kodak Brownie and turn out beautiful pictures.

JMHO,

mnbruce What camera do you use? It takes great pictures!

I have found, in my experience, that no camera takes good pictures. They all require some input of imagination, vision and skill from their owner. ;)

No offense intended, but it's sort of like asking J. K. Rowlings what kind of word processor she wrote the Harry Potter books on. :D

Pet peeve...

Dave

I have found, in my experience, that no camera takes good pictures. They all require some input of imagination, vision and skill from their owner. ;)

No offense intended, but it's sort of like asking J. K. Rowlings what kind of word processor she wrote the Harry Potter books on. :D

Pet peeve...

Dave

I agree. It is the photographer not the camera. One of the best pictures taken of our daughter when she got married was taken with a $12 camera but it was taken by a very talented professional photographer.

BTW, Dave, you definitely have what it takes to take great pictures.

I agree. It is the photographer not the camera. One of the best pictures taken of our daughter when she got married was taken with a $12 camera but it was taken by a very talented professional photographer.

BTW, Dave, you definitely have what it takes to take great pictures.

Thanks Judy! Very kind of you!

I really didn't mean to pick on mariemorgan, but the illusion that one's camera choice reflects one's skill as a photographer has been marketed to the point that people really believe it. I get a chuckle when I see the Canon XSi commercial where the shooter is getting frame-filling action-freezing shots of football players with the 18-55mm kit lens. (The original stills for the commercial, selected from 70,000 shot, were taken with 10 $4500 EOS1D MkIII cameras with a variety of four-figure lenses. LINK to article with another link to the "making of " video.) Good marketing, though...they sell a lot of cameras!

Happy shooting...with whatever works for you!

Dave

2598041160102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Spent the couple of days that we had no power after Hurricane Ike sitting on the back porch trying to take photos of hummingbirds. It is not an easy task.

At times, we had at least fifty or more fighting over two feeders. I think the hurricane removed their food source.

Jamie

Spent the couple of days that we had no power after Hurricane Ike sitting on the back porch trying to take photos of hummingbirds. It is not an easy task.

At times, we had at least fifty or more fighting over two feeders. I think the hurricane removed their food source.

Jamie

Nice Jamie!

Archived