Compass Rewards Program Ends

Host Kewlguy

Just one quick comment -- since it looks like you're talking about NCL charges, it looks like you're only need to have $675.00 (4% earnings on NCL charges, not 3%).
You are correct. (Thought I'd used 4 but only 3 in the calculator:o )

Charlie

I was reading over the pamphlet the NCL card had given us when we first signed up. - Norwegian Cruise Line COMPASS REWARDS Program Rules. In the paragraph numbered 13 under changing the terms of the program....

It states that "In case of termination of the program, you may continue earning points for 90 days from the date notice of termination of the Program is mailed." My letter is dated October 1st and my December closing date is on the 12th. That is not 90 days, so are they legally allowed to do this?

You might be on to something, however since the program is still issuing some kind of "points" they've (NCL) still lived up to their obligation.

I did ask about using the certificates for next year. I told her about this site and how 100 people got 100 different replies and answers. She told me DEFINATELY, that in the past the certificates had to be used and the cruise taken 1 year after issue. BUT, since the program was closing, you have 1 year to book the crusie and another year to take it. So you can book a cruise in 2009 for anytime in 2010. She read it to me from some paper she had, and she specifically told me this went against the original program, but they were making this exception.

. . . .

Take it all for what's it's worth, but I believe that the time frame to use the certificates and cruise have been extended.

Thanks for posting this. Seeing as the BOA rep read this information to you instead of just putting you on hold and coming back with a verbal response, it gives me hope. If I had to sail on NCL in 2009, I don't think I could do it because I already have other vacation plans. But, if it was in 2010 it would work. Hopefully, BOA will disseminate this new information on its website, or send out a new letter with further explanation soon.

When Delta Skiles axed our flight to Hawaii in February 2005, I called AMEX &the CEO was ticked that they gave Delta 46 mil to stay afloat in the bnkruptcy courts. And this is how they say thank you.

So he made us BLUE after getting us flying FC on Delta that day. Now fly ANY airline & AMEX travel gets me the seats we want on a flight we want. If it is for a cruise, they make sure it is a 737 at least to carry luggage since they express jets do not. You can get restaurant cards for points also. Great card!!!! Cruise rewards also....

Too bad. I just called to get a $500 certificate (it was just too late to apply to our cruise in a little less than two weeks), so it looks like I've got to use it on a cruise within the next year. That's okay, I'm sure there will be a low-priced NCL cruise within the next year that I'll want to go on. Meanwhile, that's it for the NCL credit card - I'm done with it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a great reward card? I'm fed up with Delta Amex, since Delta never makes available any decent dates or flights for rewards, and now I won't do the NCL card, since the rewards are being cut by 2/3.

When Delta Skiles axed our flight to Hawaii in February 2005, I called AMEX &the CEO was ticked that they gave Delta 46 mil to stay afloat in the bnkruptcy courts. And this is how they say thank you.

So he made us BLUE after getting us flying FC on Delta that day. Now fly ANY airline & AMEX travel gets me the seats we want on a flight we want. If it is for a cruise, they make sure it is a 737 at least to carry luggage since they express jets do not. You can get restaurant cards for points also. Great card!!!! Cruise rewards also....

Are you seriously saying that the airline will change the planes because YOU are flying to a cruise?!?!?

[quote name='mbisson']And some of us have problems just getting a bag of chips ;)[/quote]

It's not really a problem. Air Force One is usually just sitting on the ground waiting for passengers. :D

[quote name='cruizinwithkids']Are you seriously saying that the airline will change the planes because YOU are flying to a cruise?!?!?[/quote]

I read that the AMEX travel agency (who we're not supposed to be discussing any how) checks what kind of plane it is before they book a seat on it if they understand you are flying to a cruise.

[quote name='MrLee']It's not really a problem. Air Force One is usually just sitting on the ground waiting for passengers. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mbisson']And some of us have problems just getting a bag of chips ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cruizinwithkids']Are you seriously saying that the airline will change the planes because YOU are flying to a cruise?!?!?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AWinkler']... honestly mind boggling ...[/QUOTE]

You [U][B]do[/B][/U] know who you're talking to, right??

Charlie

[quote name='cruizinwithkids']Are you seriously saying that the airline will change the planes because YOU are flying to a cruise?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I took the comment to mean that, when choosing between the many different planes that fly into a port city on any given day, the airline would be sure to book him on the larger plane to accomodate the luggage. Not that the airline would reassign a different plane from a different route just to accomodate one passenger. :-)

[quote name='98Charlie']You [U][B]do[/B][/U] know who you're talking to, right??

Charlie[/QUOTE]

Indeed I do.. I was siding with Cruizin'.. I was going to add something about demanding a 747 because I like the overhead fan, but that would just be snarky. ;)

[quote name='AFT_LOVER']So he made us BLUE after getting us flying FC on Delta that day. Now fly ANY airline & AMEX travel gets me the seats we want on a flight we want. If it is for a cruise, they make sure it is a 737 at least to carry luggage since they express jets do not. You can get restaurant cards for points also. Great card!!!! Cruise rewards also....[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit puzzled. The 2nd leg of my recent SLC to JFK trip was on one of the express jets. Just how did my 50 lb. suitcase make it there if it wasn't on the express jet with me :rolleyes: ?

[quote name='ute_fan']I'm a bit puzzled. The 2nd leg of my recent SLC to JFK trip was on one of the express jets. Just how did my 50 lb. suitcase make it there if it wasn't on the express jet with me :rolleyes: ?[/QUOTE]When that happens and the CEO is busy, the CFO will drive it to your destination:p

Charlie

almost all jets can carry more weight than you can cram into them. Its the props where it really becomes an issue. That's why it hasn't been an issue until recently. Yes it takes more fuel but the margin of error they use to make sure has always been enough except on propeller planes.

[quote name='smeyer418']almost all jets can carry more weight than you can cram into them. Its the props where it really becomes an issue. That's why it hasn't been an issue until recently. Yes it takes more fuel but the margin of error they use to make sure has always been enough except on propeller planes.[/quote]

My brother has a Piper Cherokee plane. When he asks what I weigh, I tell the truth.

[quote name='smeyer418']almost all jets can carry more weight than you can cram into them. Its the props where it really becomes an issue. That's why it hasn't been an issue until recently. Yes it takes more fuel but the margin of error they use to make sure has always been enough except on propeller planes.[/QUOTE]

So I really CAN be nervous if I find out I've been reassigned to a prop :eek: ?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]This discussion reminds me of the little stinkin' plane we had to use to get from Vancouver, BC to Seattle after our Alaska cruise in 07. It was a prop ... Dash 8! It holds about 16 pax, I think. But, there were only about 8 of us on board that flight. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We got on and I asked the attendant how soon she started serving the drinks (AND I DON'T DRINK!). As soon as we got airborn she gave me some wine ... everytime I turned around my glass was full ... I think she was protecting the other pax. :o HA! Fortunately, that flight lasted only 45 minutes ... but that was 45 minutes out of my life I don't want to relive ... :cool:[/FONT]

Archived