BIG Celebrity Sale Coming!

6502programmer

well that will be one of my big complaints when I fill in the response card at the end of the cruise....

why honour us on one sailing for being the most frequent cruisers, if you leave us in the dungeon, next to staff on another?

I am still naive enough to think that maybe,just maybe they will better our cabin, even if slightly...we sail oct 18...next week...

dungeon eh? isn't that what you areed to pay for when you book a guarantee oceanview? :eek: just sayin....

I book early to get EXACTLY what I want and if I book then I am obvioulsy satisfied with the cabin and the price and if it goes down then all the better but I can't whine if it doesn't or I don't get an upgrade....I got exactly what I paid for and agreed to....:cool:

this makes me so angry....we have paid for an oceanview guarantee and have gotten one of the worst cabins possible...lowest deck next to the crew....no upgrade of any kind...

It always amazes me when someone complains about a guarantee cabin. Guaranty does not mean that you will get an upgrade. It means that you will get at least the type of cabin that was guaranteed. You got what you paid for. If one requires a certain cabin then one should book that cabin. Period.

It always amazes me when someone complains about a guarantee cabin. Guaranty does not mean that you will get an upgrade. It means that you will get at least the type of cabin that was guaranteed. You got what you paid for. If one requires a certain cabin then one should book that cabin. Period.

then celebrity sales staff should not say and I quote, " you ALWAYS do better than the cat you pay for"...and if you dont believe me, just call and ask to book a guarantee...

none of them ever say as you have that, " you will get what you pay for"...

of course all the conversations are taped for quality control...so they can listen replay and see the misleading sales pitch that is used....

and as far as getting what I paid for, now what I paid is a huge upgrade....so that does not work either...

care to try again?

then celebrity sales staff should not say and I quote, " you ALWAYS do better than the cat you pay for"...and if you dont believe me, just call and ask to book a guarantee...

of course all the conversations are taped for quality control...so they can listen replay and see the misleading sales pitch that is used....

and as far as getting what I paid for, now what I paid is a huge upgrade....so that does not work either...

care to try again?

Yup, the tone is always with the expectation of better, not of a sucker taking the worst of the category.

care to try again?

It’s kind of hard to believe they would say something like that.

But if you could only pull that recording out of the hat you may have a leg to stand on. If not, it sounds like “ he says, she says.”

Our experience with “guarantees” has always been, we get what we pay for. That’s what guarantee means. If it did mean a guaranteed upgrade, which you seem to believe, a lot of people would not be making a regular booking.

On occasion we have received upgrades.

I have never had any luck with any guarantee cabins. Most upgrades that I have gotten, have been when I have booked a certain cabin and usully the upgrade is just on higher decks.

I find that with guarantees, you will get handicapped cabins, obstructed views or noisy cabins that no one wanted.

With the DOW down 1,000 points this week alone, I think a lot of 401(k)s have depreciated. I would not be surprised if cruise bookings decline as people reassess their finances.

If this does happen, I think it is possible that sales involving reduced prices are sure to follow - for all cruise lines.

It’s kind of hard to believe they would say something like that.

But if you could only pull that recording out of the hat you may have a leg to stand on. If not, it sounds like “ he says, she says.”

Our experience with “guarantees” has always been, we get what we pay for. That’s what guarantee means. If it did mean a guaranteed upgrade, which you seem to believe, a lot of people would not be making a regular booking.

On occasion we have received upgrades.

do not question what I have said, before calling yourself and checking it out........I have gotten this same answer each and every time...

" you always do better than the category you pay for"....

yes of course it is a sales pitch...but maybe next time, I will do the tape recording and play it back to some exec...if you can ever get a hold of one..and if I ever consider celebrity again....

well no one Im sure has looked to see how many times we have sailed...and the ship is only two thirds full...

I just dont understand...and cant do anything since we turned the reservation over to an agent...

Sorry, I just had to comment ... you were Miss kitty on Gunsmoke, right?

If you know anyone who wanted to make a new Celeb booking for thia Fall to Europe, do it now.

They are selling OV cabins for $464pp, CC cabins for $754pp, Sky Suites of $1057pp (plus $200 OBC). Giving them away.

Great ---- for anyone booking new.

Awfully annoying ---- for those of us already booked. (Steam coming out of ears ....)

Deep breathing is my friend ...:)

the worst part is feeling helpless...I felt better after I wrote to celebrity..I know that it never made it past delete...but it was still directing my feelings where they belonged..

If I did not turn it over to a TA , I would be on the phone each and every day...if nothing else , they would feel my wrath...

Funny thing is: FC keeps going UP and the Oil prices keep going DOWN...

why is this still going on?????????????//

Cruise Mgmt..., you want to incent those with disposable income

What am I missing??????//

"cash rules"

I read an article on this last week and the price the cruiselines are paying for gas has not substantially changed. Hopefully that will change.

With the DOW down 1,000 points this week alone, I think a lot of 401(k)s have depreciated. I would not be surprised if cruise bookings decline as people reassess their finances.

If this does happen, I think it is possible that sales involving reduced prices are sure to follow - for all cruise lines.

I agree with you with the market falling and peoples 401 K's vaniishing I believe there will be few people looking to cruise in this economic enviroment why should someone give the cruise lines a advanced amount of money to book early so they can make money on yours in this economic situation I would book at the last minute if possible to get the best deal.

This is a WOW sale? Not by my lights. Most people get that much OBC from their TA. Reduced deposit? Big deal. You have to pay the full fare eventually. Where does it say they're reducing the fares? That's what I consider a sale.

funny, on one thread people complain that the cruise line has had there hard earned deposit for 6 mos..:( and here the amount its, big deal.

I just booked a panama canal cruise on infinity on this sale. The price of the cruise has gone down 500.00 pp today and the cruise line is getting only $450.00 of my hard earned money, vs $900.00, to hold until final payment. The $200.00 OBC will get me about 4 days on my bar tab:D and sense I am the TA, I didn't have to take the OBC out of my own commission..tee hee;)

Especially if you are eligible for senior rate...

We moved from a Inside 9 room to a 1B Balcony Verandah for 90 more each! Several people from our 12/14 thread got refunds of 580 to 600 for their room! Some were booked through travel agents and some had booked directly through Celebrity...

Here's a link to our other thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=860812

Archived