BIG Celebrity Sale Coming!

6502programmer

Looks like Celebrity's version of the WOW sale is coming in a few weeks. October 16-18, the "Worlds Largest Cruise Night 3 Day Sale" will be happening. It does say new bookings only. Cruises between January 1 and June 30 2009 are eligible (but read the last paragraph below, because there is some confusion). Cruises on Solstice, Equinox, and Xpedition are not eligible.

50% reduced deposit, along with OBC are what you'll get. 3-5 night gets $50 per stateroom, 6-8 gets $100, and 9+ gets $200.

The only question I have is that the "detailed" PDF of the sale says 1/1-6/30, but the page and the "simple" PDF about the sale says 1/1-9/30. IIRC, Equinox doesn't sail until AFTER 6/30, so the date range MAY in fact include the three months following June 2009.

If you are a stock holder don't get too excited by the offered OBC on this promo... As of October 15 you will not be able to combine OBC's offered by Celebrity. You will get the higher of the amounts, but no combining allowed according to their new directives.

If you are a stock holder don't get too excited by the offered OBC on this promo... As of October 15 you will not be able to combine OBC's offered by Celebrity. You will get the higher of the amounts, but no combining allowed according to their new directives.

This potential sale doesn't make any sense when they are taking back OBC'S.

This potential sale doesn't make any sense when they are taking back OBC'S.

Not everyone owns RCI stock or has Celebrity Passages coupons. I'd gander a guess that most who sail Celebrity don't.

With the change of policy it shows that Celeb and RCCL are after NEW customers. Loyalty has been tossed out the window.:(

A bit exaggerated. The last I saw RCCL still has their C&A balconey discounts(which can still be used with SH benefits), diamond level consierge club, priority embarkment/disembarkment for diamond and above, and other things. Not sure they're going to lose a lot of these folks over $100.

Interesting timing; I believe that is a week before third quarter earnings come out. Perhaps they want to be book a lot of sailings right before hand so they don't have to say bookings are soft?

Will cruise prices be lowered for the sale or is it just the stated perks?

Hi Hcat !

No way of knowing yet.... but in past sales, its been the same prices, with the reduced deposit and OB credit.

By the way.... a couple of posters mentioned that you wont be able to combine the WOW sale OB Credit with the Shareholder Credit, as this program starts 10/16 (after you can no longer combine OB credits). This is correct, but in past WOW sales, you couldnt combine the Shareholder Credit with the WOW Credit either. In the case of the the WOW sales, nothing has changed.

Dan and Suzie,

What a coincidence. We will be at Aventura Spa resort Feb 14 the next day which so happens to be my 47th birthday. We are trying to get a bunch of friend to join to. A friend of mine switched her timeshare for there. They love love it. We will just have to get togteher

Daph

Sorry, but this doesn't sound like much of a sale to me, much less a BIG sale.

$100 OBC$ reduced deposit? So you pay less now, but more at final payment, what's the difference?

I doubt that this will generate much excitement.

50% off second passenger for late European including transatlantic. Looks like some real good prices if you can do 14 days. I wish I could go, alas, we have a puppy that we just cannot bear to leave that long in the kennel..Check it out.

this makes me so angry....we have paid for an oceanview guarantee and have gotten one of the worst cabins possible...lowest deck next to the crew....no upgrade of any kind...we will be on the summit oct 18...the sailing that will have this sale.....we have sailed with celebrity at least 25 times and are booked for the solstice and the azamara...

so rather than upgrade a loyal customer they are giving away the best that is available next to nothing...

I agree with a previous poster who said, celebrity does nothing for their loyal patrons...

it is time to go elsewhere...but where?

Archived