BIG Celebrity Sale Coming!

6502programmer

I know exactly how you feel as the cruise we are booked on Oct 30 & itis on sale as welll. We did ask Celebrity about upgrade & the information we were given is this. They very rarely upgrade balconies, but on saying that if there are balconies or cc class available they do look at the captains club list to see who has travelled the most & they do upgrade them depending on how many cabins they have available, you could also be upgraded as you check in. I'm not sure I'll believe it but we will have to see.

Shirley

this makes me so angry....we have paid for an oceanview guarantee and have gotten one of the worst cabins possible...lowest deck next to the crew....no upgrade of any kind...we will be on the summit oct 18...the sailing that will have this sale.....we have sailed with celebrity at least 25 times and are booked for the solstice and the azamara...

so rather than upgrade a loyal customer they are giving away the best that is available next to nothing...

I agree with a previous poster who said, celebrity does nothing for their loyal patrons...

it is time to go elsewhere...but where?

Well, I can tell you from very recent experience, don't expect any better treatment from Princess. It looks like it's contagious.:eek:

I know exactly how you feel as the cruise we are booked on Oct 30 & itis on sale as welll. We did ask Celebrity about upgrade & the information we were given is this. They very rarely upgrade balconies, but on saying that if there are balconies or cc class available they do look at the captains club list to see who has travelled the most & they do upgrade them depending on how many cabins they have available, you could also be upgraded as you check in. I'm not sure I'll believe it but we will have to see.

Shirley

well no one Im sure has looked to see how many times we have sailed...and the ship is only two thirds full...

I just dont understand...and cant do anything since we turned the reservation over to an agent...

We are on 11/21 sailing of Century. We have watched the pricing come down twice and benefited both times. We booked a CC class originally and saw a price drop last week on Sunday so we paid an extra $150 for both of us (yes not each but only $75 each) and upgraded to a suite guarantee. They put us in a Sky Suite the next day with a cabin assignment. The next day they gave us the $150 back plus an additional $60 refund. Can you imagine a 10 day Med cruise in a Sky Suite for $2780 (including all fees and taxes) for two? This is an off season off economy bargain. There are a number of them out there. If you have an agent that will not work with you I recommend moving your reservation to one that appreciates your business.

this makes me so angry....we have paid for an oceanview guarantee and have gotten one of the worst cabins possible...lowest deck next to the crew....no upgrade of any kind...we will be on the summit oct 18...the sailing that will have this sale.....we have sailed with celebrity at least 25 times and are booked for the solstice and the azamara...

so rather than upgrade a loyal customer they are giving away the best that is available next to nothing...

I agree with a previous poster who said, celebrity does nothing for their loyal patrons...

if they are giving away the best, for next to nothing why not just pay the next to nothing difference for a better cabin?

Sorry, but I just will never understand complaining about a guarantee. :rolleyes:

You ask for it from the TA when you book. If they are not going to give you anything, then go elsewhere.

If you have a good TA and stay loyal to that TA you do not have to even ask for the OBC. We got on the Century last month and 2 bottles of wine and an OBC was waiting for us in our cabin both unasked for from the TA. But I do send all my family and friends to this TA for all cruise bookings.:p

It has always been thus ~ Miami has no need to care as they will put someone in the room for the same amount of money. We have 70+ =X= cruises and have been upgraded once. Getting to know the staff and crew on each ship is what gets you a wee bit extra. CNX a cruise to get even with them will make them more money as more than likely your room will have gone up in price. A friend of mine does 15 to 20 cruises a year and was told by the CEO of =X=, "Thanks for your business, but, we don't really need you because . . .". We have too much time invested in =X= to start over with another line and I don't want to start paying for my own drinks again. ~ Ric

Shirley

I didn't see our cruise on sale Oct 30 just Europe maybe it didn't all down load.

I hear ya.

We waited and waited, and finally last week made final payment on one of these November cruises; and now it goes even lower. I will never book far in advance as a general rule, becuase we ususally travel off season and the price comes down. We also have sailed Celebrity dozens of time ... loyalty doesn't seem to mean much to them when it comes to assigning guarantees ... so now folks will come in booking after us and get better cabins (there are only CC cabins left now in the Verandah Guar slot.)

It is annoying ... don't they LOOK at your Captain's Number when they assign? Geesh .... I don't expect a suite upgrade, but a CC would be a nice perk on a GUAR Verandah for an Elite Member, ya know?

well that will be one of my big complaints when I fill in the response card at the end of the cruise....

why honour us on one sailing for being the most frequent cruisers, if you leave us in the dungeon, next to staff on another?

I am still naive enough to think that maybe,just maybe they will better our cabin, even if slightly...we sail oct 18...next week...

well that will be one of my big complaints when I fill in the response card at the end of the cruise....

why honour us on one sailing for being the most frequent cruisers, if you leave us in the dungeon, next to staff on another?

I am still naive enough to think that maybe,just maybe they will better our cabin, even if slightly...we sail oct 18...next week...

Perhaps Celebrity is trying to send you a message that if you care about which cabin you want, then book the particular cabin. I do understand your point that you feel that since you have booked many previous cruises they should give you a better cabin then your reserved out of respect for your previous business. Probably not likely, but always possible. I would think that would be hard to manage.

Have a great cruise, although it sounds like you are already complaining in advance.

It has always been thus ~ Miami has no need to care as they will put someone in the room for the same amount of money. We have 70+ =X= cruises and have been upgraded once. Getting to know the staff and crew on each ship is what gets you a wee bit extra. CNX a cruise to get even with them will make them more money as more than likely your room will have gone up in price. A friend of mine does 15 to 20 cruises a year and was told by the CEO of =X=, "Thanks for your business, but, we don't really need you because . . .". We have too much time invested in =X= to start over with another line and I don't want to start paying for my own drinks again. ~ Ric

Sounds like a quote from our "Main Stream Media", biased and out of context.

I went to the sale site & it does include our E Medit cruise on Solstice . No prices are listed. We have had a $900 deposit sitting for almost a yr on a nice hump cabin ..Our fuel charge was only $5 pp per day because we booked before it went up..

I called Cap Club & was told that if I called on the sale date & booked a new cabin , assuming the price was still the same as what we booked for, I would have to pay the new $10 per person per day fuel charge--that would leave us with a net gain of only $100 shipboard credit--& we'd have to go through the re-booking & cancelling, assuming a good hump cabin was still available. it seems not worth all the trouble......but yet seems a bit unfair when the cruise is not until Sept 09 & we were loyal enough to book right away......

I feel we should have waited to book & in the future we may change our booking strategy--instead of booking so early we may wait & jump on something where there is an offer...

Amanda, if it helps at all, I have found on a guarantee that once you are assigned a cabin, you can switch for any available cabin in that same category. Since as you say your cruise is only 2/3 full, there may be a cabin you prefer.

OTOH, with the price drop, maybe you can change into something you prefer for a small up-charge.

Cathy

You people all complaining about price drops since you booked a year ago seem to forget that the world economy has gone to he'll over the past year.

Duh Jimmy...do you think people here live under a rock or somehting??? The deposit money a year ago as a staple was more solid then too. Oh gee. Who got the benefit of that...:cool:

Maybe you go and buy a good steak on your next cruise...canyousay $14.95 for some good cow :rolleyes:

WOW,

Those are great specials. But they are only for near future..I.e., till beginning of December.

"50% Off Full Fare for 2nd Guest"

I don't think 25% off (per person) is a great deal for these dates.

Do solo cruisers get to pay 150%? If so, it might be good for them.

I went to the sale site & it does include our E Medit cruise on Solstice . No prices are listed. We have had a $900 deposit sitting for almost a yr on a nice hump cabin ..Our fuel charge was only $5 pp per day because we booked before it went up..

I called Cap Club & was told that if I called on the sale date & booked a new cabin , assuming the price was still the same as what we booked for, I would have to pay the new $10 per person per day fuel charge--that would leave us with a net gain of only $100 shipboard credit--& we'd have to go through the re-booking & cancelling, assuming a good hump cabin was still available. it seems not worth all the trouble......but yet seems a bit unfair when the cruise is not until Sept 09 & we were loyal enough to book right away.......

We are also booked on Solstice so trying to get a better balcony rate too.

I would have your TA challenge the cancel and rebooking expectation including the new/higher fuel charge. Celebrity does not usually require this. On our other (Summit) cruise, we have been able to take advantage of price decreases twice in the past month or so (2nd time was today) and our TA did not have to cancel and rebook a different cabin. We also were able to maintain the same fuel surcharge as when we originally placed our deposit.

Lobster129

We are also booked on Solstice so trying to get a better balcony rate too.

I would have your TA challenge the cancel and rebooking expectation including the new/higher fuel charge. Celebrity does not usually require this. On our other (Summit) cruise, we have been able to take advantage of price decreases twice in the past month or so (2nd time was today) and our TA did not have to cancel and rebook a different cabin. We also were able to maintain the same fuel surcharge as when we originally placed our deposit.

Lobster129

I think one might want to try this, but I am pretty sure the fuel surcharge will be the reality. Not much wiggle room on this one and I would definately not encourage blame for a TA for not trying hard enough if the outcome is such that the change includes the addtional cost for the fuel.

If it was a better cabin and a savings of $100.00 I'd happily save the money on the net basis of the whole package.:)

If you have a good TA and stay loyal to that TA you do not have to even ask for the OBC. We got on the Century last month and 2 bottles of wine and an OBC was waiting for us in our cabin both unasked for from the TA. But I do send all my family and friends to this TA for all cruise bookings.:p

I agree. Sometimes a good, loyal TA is worth all the money in the world.

I wonder if these peopel that demand TA's give OBC's give any of thier salary to their clients?

Apparently the "Big Celebrity Sale" next week is for NEW bookings only. This is different that when Celebrity reduces the price of the cruise for specific catagories on their web site....in which case you CAN keep the same fuel charge as you booked....really, I've done it three times in the past month...once to upgrade cabin & the other two time to take advantage of price drops.:)

The NOT so good news about the "Big C Sale" per my TA..."The offer you're referring to regarding the onboard credit offer is for new bookings only. Any existing reservation that is cancelled between October 3 through October 16 and is rebooked for the same sailing (even with different agencies or directly with Celebrity) will not be eligible to receive the offer. Sorry.":mad:

Best wishes for great cruise deals!

Lobster129

Apparently the "Big Celebrity Sale" next week is for NEW bookings only. This is different that when Celebrity reduces the price of the cruise for specific catagories on their web site....in which case you CAN keep the same fuel charge as you booked....really, I've done it three times in the past month...once to upgrade cabin & the other two time to take advantage of price drops.:)

The NOT so good news about the "Big C Sale" per my TA..."The offer you're referring to regarding the onboard credit offer is for new bookings only. Any existing reservation that is cancelled between October 3 through October 16 and is rebooked for the same sailing (even with different agencies or directly with Celebrity) will not be eligible to receive the offer. Sorry.":mad:

Best wishes for great cruise deals!

Lobster129

This is very well put. Excellent point, indeed. Thanks for the clarity of thought! :)

Quietly bump with your TA.

If they have any pull with the line from their standing in line bookings then they should be able to help.

Stay at them and ask if you could supplment a little $ for an upgrade.

Look if they are selling the cabins at this level there are a lot left to go.

They do try to balance the ship capacity out for each trip.

IE: so all cabin levels are used and the staff keeps working.

Archived