Great Noordam Cruise

jtorty

Just got back from the Sept. 24 Rome Empire Cruise. Was tentative after reading some negative reviews about the Noordam. I am pleased to report that the ship was in pristine condition, service was top notch and AYW dining was a success(fun to meet more people). We spent the precruise night at the Hotel Traiano in Civi where we had a very nice stay and met other cruisers. Great pizza a block away. I believe about 400 people remained on board for the transatlantic. The food was even better than I remembered from two years ago. So you future Noordam cruisers are in for a treat.

Those of us on the October 18 ten day Southern Carribbean cruise are so happy to hear that. Would love to hear more details on how the entertainment, food, and anything else you can tell us about. We have over 78 CC members who are ready to cruise on the MS Noordam.

I can say we are one pumped up group. One of the best roll call's ever!

Thanks for letting us know.

Just got back from the Sept. 24 Rome Empire Cruise. Was tentative after reading some negative reviews about the Noordam. I am pleased to report that the ship was in pristine condition, service was top notch and AYW dining was a success(fun to meet more people). We spent the precruise night at the Hotel Traiano in Civi where we had a very nice stay and met other cruisers. Great pizza a block away. I believe about 400 people remained on board for the transatlantic. The food was even better than I remembered from two years ago. So you future Noordam cruisers are in for a treat.

Who is the current Executive Chef on board?

We had a great cruise in the Medit. that was 10 days and ended in Civ. Italy on the 24 of September. The food was terrific and many different styles of service. Dining Room, both with seating times and As You Wish and the Lido deck for those who just want to relax. The ship was beautiful and well cared for. Rooms were spacious. We had a Aft room with a Veranda off the back of the ship. Beautiful. The SPA was the best. The heated thermal chairs and the spa package was well worth it. ( 250.00 ) a couple. The relaxation room was free and near the gym. It had spectacular views and complementary fruit, tea and waters.. Any questions, email me..

Thank you for sharing your report. I'm so glad to hear the Noordam is up to it's high standards.:) We sailed her last summer and had a wonderful time, but had heard that some had had a not so great experience lately. It seemed to be due to some supply problems and new crew training so we hoped it was just a glitch. We are on the Noordam again next summer, glad to here she is "ship shape" and very much looking forward to it.

We learned our lesson on the Noordam in August never to sail during the summer, our cruise was over run with kids, crowds, broken pools, etc. I am sure if we picked a September or October we would have had a better time on our Noordam European cruise.

We cruised on the Noordam in June and had a fabulous experience...just like the OP. :)

Archived