Just was upgraded to SA - so many questions

martyz

Just got hit by the upgrade fairy. Got a call from my T/A and was Upgraded to a SA! Yahoo! I am doing back flips! Gee I have so many questions... What should i do?????? HELP. Any advise would be helpful. Anything really special that I should not forget to do??? What's with the bar setup?

What's with the bar setup?

Not quite sure what you're asking here. There's a mini-bar in your suite that's just like every other mini-bar in every cabin on every Vista ship. You pay for whatever you drink, if that's your question.

Congratulations on the upgrade. :)

Congratulations!;)

Just get ready for a grand experience. Enjoying breakfast in the Pinnacle, a Neptune staff that is going to take care of all your needs and the list goes on.

Complimentary bottle of champagne for sail away or whenever you choose. Invitations to some very nice cocktail parties and maybe a luncheon.

Have a great cruise!

Congratulations.

There is no bar set up.

There are mini bottles of several liquors in the cabinet behind the mirror at the buffet. If you use them, you will be billed for them.

The Captain and Hotel Manager always send a Bon Voyage bottle of champagne which is waiting in your cabin (on ice) when you board.

Enjoy.

You got lucky indeed. HAL rarely makes that type of upgrade, unless it was originally booked as SC guarantee. They will usually try and upsell it and most times they have takers.

The bar set up is a bit more than regular categories, I believe. You have a bit more; plus glassware, napkins, etc. The hard liquor mini bottles are usually stored in the cabinet, while the mixers/soft drinks etc. are in the mini fridge. You pay for what you use. The fridge is the same size as other cabin categories though.

Enjoy. :)

Eurodam 10/15??

The small bottles of alcohol are like the tones you get on the airline -- usually one vodka, one gin, etc. -- they can be found inside your mini-refrigerator.

You have to pay for them. They are $4.95 per bottle with a 15% gratuity added on.

Congratulations on your upgrade.

There are mini bottles of several liquors in the cabinet behind the mirror at the buffet. If you use them, you will be billed for them.

Now you tell me! - On our first HAL cruise in an S Suite, I thought the mini-bar was just the small refrigerator with beer and wine. So on the last day as we were waiting to disembark, I was looking at the mirror and noticed a black knob. When I opened the mirror I discovered the minis! :o

Maybe it was a good thing - since I probably saved some money on my bar tab! :p

Now you tell me! - On our first HAL cruise in an S Suite, I thought the mini-bar was just the small refrigerator with beer and wine. So on the last day as we were waiting to disembark, I was looking at the mirror and noticed a black knob. When I opened the mirror I discovered the minis! :o

On the R and S class ships -- that is also where the extra champange, wine and cocktail -- as well other the cork screw, etc., are kept.

:D Now that you say this.......

It's true. I can't remember the last time I read anyone mention the cabinet 'hidden' behind the mirror!

Glad you eventually found it so you wouldn't now be sitting there scratching your head. ;)

So, I'm curious - which category did you originally book? Please share that with us!

Originally booked VH cat, I think, lowest balcony Guaranty - then was taken to SY cat, then today, T/A called, asked me if we can take an upgrade, then called me back and told me we got SA cat. I think there was an upchage of $100 pp, my t/a owed me a refund, so there you go!

Uh!!:eek: Mini bar behind the mirror. I did not know that, three cruises on HAL. Maybe I missed this on the boards. We wanted a drink late one night and did not want to get up and go to a bar. Now I know.

Congratulations!;)

Enjoying breakfast in the Pinnacle,

Complimentary bottle of champagne for sail away or whenever you choose.

I am booked in a SS. When looking at the options, even here on the board, I never once saw that the SA got breakfast in the Pinnacle. That would have made all the difference. I don't like the madness in the morning at the buffet and I am not very social in the mornings so the big tables in the dining room dont do it for me. I had this type of experience on NCL Pearl and it was THE BEST!!!

Thanks

I am booked in a SS. When looking at the options, even here on the board, I never once saw that the SA got breakfast in the Pinnacle. That would have made all the difference. I don't like the madness in the morning at the buffet and I am not very social in the mornings so the big tables in the dining room dont do it for me. I had this type of experience on NCL Pearl and it was THE BEST!!!

Thanks

Sorry, but "SS" cabins do not have breakfast in Pinnacle option.

That is for guests in "PS, S, SA, SB and SC" Cabins.

Originally booked VH cat, I think, lowest balcony Guaranty - then was taken to SY cat, then today, T/A called, asked me if we can take an upgrade, then called me back and told me we got SA cat. I think there was an upchage of $100 pp, my t/a owed me a refund, so there you go!

So it was offered gratis, or you paid to upgrade?

... and I am not very social in the mornings so the big tables in the dining room dont do it for me.
You can ask for a table for one. It should be no problem for breakfast. If you feel funny doing that, just tell them you want to "eat quickly".

Archived