Any free Espresso or Cappuccino?

martyz

Not only were they free on our cruise but I was able to order my favourite for breakfast...cap with a double shot of expresso.
But that's only in the dining room (or Pinnacle) isn't it? I don't recall seeing either in the Lido at any time.

But that's only in the dining room (or Pinnacle) isn't it? I don't recall seeing either in the Lido at any time.

I'm pretty sure that it is the dining room (only) as well. They used to have free "coffee drinks" at the the "coffee bar" but that disappeared a few years ago. Not sure about room service, its not on the breakfast card.

Yes. You can have espresso/cappuccino in Pinnacle for breakfast (Suite guests), Lunch (everyone) and Dinner (everyone) included in the price of lunch and dinner. Suite guests do not pay extra to have breakfast in Pinnacle.

Dining Room, Pinnacle and Neptune Lounge.

Fabulous coffees are available at Exploration Cafe for a nominal charge. Lower than what the same costs at Starbucks etc

i have a question. i have read that sometimes the coffee machine is not working in the neptune lounge and i love my cappuccinos. if that is the case could i show my key card and get a free one at the cafe? just thought i would ask.

I've never heard of someone 'showing their key'. In the event the coffee machine happens to be broken, you can have espresso/cappuccino in the Dining Room or Pinnacle.

They certainly will make every attempt to repair a broken coffee machine as soon as possible. ;)

The charge for coffee at Explorations Cafe really is very moderate.

I don't think you need worry the coffee machine might break while you are aboard. But, yes, we have been aboard when it broke. We managed to survive and have a great cruise. :) :D

We did the galley tour of the Oosterdam back in May, and were surprised to see several large automatic espresso machines close to the doors of the dining room. We had thought it might have been a hassle to organise espresso drinks for the stewards, but they didnt mind a bit. We didnt feel guilty ordering our favourite espresso drinks in the dining room after this...

:D :D :D

We did the galley tour of the Oosterdam back in May, and were surprised to see several large automatic espresso machines close to the doors of the dining room. We had thought it might have been a hassle to organise espresso drinks for the stewards, but they didnt mind a bit. We didnt feel guilty ordering our favourite espresso drinks in the dining room after this...

:D :D :D

On the Volendam last November our table steward brought me a free espresso after every dinner with out asking after the first night. This is not something that is very well publicized with HAL that espresso drinks are free with dinner in the main DR. Just got off a cruise on the Celebrity Century and after having to suffer with the worst food of any cruise in the last 4 years I had to pay $4 for my after dinner espresso.:eek: $4 for a shot of espresso was the standard price on the ship at any venue. Fortunately being that we were on a Mediterranean cruise I could get excellent espresso on shore almost anywhere for about 1 Euro or $1.50:D

On the Volendam last November our table steward brought me a free espresso after every dinner with out asking after the first night. This is not something that is very well publicized with HAL that espresso drinks are free with dinner in the main DR.

:confused: Not well publicized? Just order it. It is no deep, closely held secret. :D

When we sailed on Princess, we got a coffee card with punches for espresso drinks, and unlimited brewed coffee.

We are sailing on the Statendam in May -- is the regular coffee good? is it brewed coffee, or syrup coffee (princess has syrup coffee)? Is there some sort of frequent espresso drinker's program? Well, if I can get it in the dining rooms with my meals, that would probably cover my needs...

HAL has good coffee, right?

HAL has good coffee, right?

Good enough; not great. It is brewed coffee, not syrup. I drink it, but don't over-drink it.

The only place it's served where I don't like it is in the Pinncale. :rolleyes: The room service, Lido, and dining room coffee is quite drinkable. Not as good as Dunkin, better than Starbucks.

On the Rotterdamn the cappuccino was free with dinner. As you stated after the first night he always brought mine. The coffe was very good on the Rotterdamn, I was really suprised since I like coffee with chicory ( very strong).The Lodo's coffee was also very good.

Cely

Yes. You can have espresso/cappuccino in Pinnacle for breakfast (Suite guests), Lunch (everyone) and Dinner (everyone) included in the price of lunch and dinner. Suite guests do not pay extra to have breakfast in Pinnacle.

Do the SY suites get free breakfast in the Pinnacle? Also... didn't see confirmation on this... SO is it true you can get free cappuccino in the dining room at breakfast also, or just dinner?

Do the SY suites get free breakfast in the Pinnacle?
Nope - just PS/SA/SB/SC.

SO is it true you can get free cappuccino in the dining room at breakfast also, or just dinner?

I can't answer, as I've never tried to order it for breakfast.

Do the SY suites get free breakfast in the Pinnacle? Also... didn't see confirmation on this... SO is it true you can get free cappuccino in the dining room at breakfast also, or just dinner?

Sorry, but breakfast in Pinnacle is for "PS, S, SA, SB and SC" suites.

You can have cappuccino in the dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Archived