Check room assignment

LSUtraveler

CBabe: what message are you getting?

You stated that you are registered...is the cruise registered and can you see the cruise information on the lef thand corner of the carnival home screen. If you are getting a 5001 error message your agent booked you as a group.

Hi,

I keep getting that "an error occurred while processing your request" and that their tech support would be notified.

Serene: I think you meant, you hope I am not disappointed.I did get a great price and it is an 8-day cruise.I booked an 1a guarantee and got a 4A.That is about what I expected.We are in the calmest part of the ship, bottom center, so if there is motion that is the best place to be.Serene is great and thanks again for the help.

what do you mean it quit working for you? maybe coz we are posting directions on how to do this lots of people are trying to access it at the same time??

Now gives me the error message. No big deal. Was just curious. Really doesn't make any difference, when you book a guarantee you take your chances. No use worring about where you'll be located or whether you get an upgrade or not. Cause if you wanted a specific location, cabin or deck, you book it.

All this worring about cabin assignments and upgrades is just stuff to enjoy while waiting for the cruise.

Well now I know why it kept giving me an error message. They were apparently entering the information. I tried it one last time and it opened up and gave me my cabin assignments. So I guess it really does still work and this is about the time indicated that Carnival was assigning cabins.

If you keep getting the error message its true that carnival may be tweaking cabins at that time. Close it up and wait an hour or two.

I understand that getting ____ looking for a cabin is part of booking the gauarantee but some people- being myself-- just cant handle that stuff.

So how did it come out? Did you get an upgrade?

Went from an 8A to an 8E. Incredible! Never would have expected that or any where near it. Nice if it holds up. We were happy with an 8A gty so we have no complaints if it doesn't hold.

We booked in Feb of this year but don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Serene: I have tried again and again, this modify booking thing. When I get to the screen that shows info for all passengers it says "TBA, 7A gty." I did get my cruise docs and according to the back of the sail and sign card it says I am in room 8252. So I thought this would show up when doing the modify booking thing. But, it doesn't . When I hit any other keys on the modify screen section I get a error screen. There is no "5001" Just an error message. Did I do something wrong?

If 82-- is on your doucments on your sign and sail page then thats your cabin.

I am wondering when you are doing the modifyl page...are you clicking on the link I have posted here or are you posting on the modify link on your reservation? If you want-- you can send me your information to [email]serene56@aol.com[/email] and I will run it for you. Bt really--since youhave your asignment onyour documents= no need to check the modify pages.

I got the docs a couple of weeks ago and I was told that even though a room number is listed on the back of the sail n sign page that that still doesn't mean that THAT is my room. Can it still change? That was a good upgrade and I am grateful, but still open to being upgraded more!!! LOL!!

[quote name='serene56']Great-- did it show your cabinnumber??

Could you tell me what you were doing wrong the first few times.[/QUOTE]
No, no cabin number yet.
I did the same thing I did the last few times.

[quote name='Catherine Kalil']I got the docs a couple of weeks ago and I was told that even though a room number is listed on the back of the sail n sign page that that still doesn't mean that THAT is my room. Can it still change? That was a good upgrade and I am grateful, but still open to being upgraded more!!! LOL!![/QUOTE]

Catherine: People have been upgraded- then downgraded etc etc.
If those numbers on your sign and sail card are there yes-you can still be moved-- But it is very rare that happens. Keep your TBA tags and get new tags from the porter at the pier- he will have your final assignment.

[quote name='cbabe066']No, no cabin number yet.
I did the same thing I did the last few times.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are not looking for your cabin for your legend cruise. That aint happening until about 7 weeks before your sailing. Yu will wear yourself out before then. I see you are in Philly also. Have to checked out the Philly cruisers meet and greet. We get together every so often and chat about cruises. Its been fun

[quote name='Catherine Kalil']Serene: I have tried again and again, this modify booking thing. When I get to the screen that shows info for all passengers it says "TBA, 7A gty." I did get my cruise docs and according to the back of the sail and sign card it says I am in room 8252. So I thought this would show up when doing the modify booking thing. But, it doesn't . When I hit any other keys on the modify screen section I get a error screen. There is no "5001" Just an error message. Did I do something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Catherine,
Which ship are you going on????? I'm just curious because I also booked a 7A gtty for our Miracle cruise in March. I just checked the deck layouts according to cruise.com, and cabin 8252 on the Miracle is an inside quad. :confused: Assuming you booked an obstructed view balcony or higher, something is not adding up just right, or the deck layouts on cruise.com are incorrect. Check again and let us know. :)

[quote name='serene56']I hope you are not looking for your cabin for your legend cruise. That aint happening until about 7 weeks before your sailing. Yu will wear yourself out before then. I see you are in Philly also. Have to checked out the Philly cruisers meet and greet. We get together every so often and chat about cruises. Its been fun[/QUOTE]Hi,
I just wanted to try to see whether I could do it. I had problems at first, but it seems to be working for me now.
I'll check out the Philly cruisers.

Archived