Can you bring on food from ports?

jbpinkie

I mean to bring some bags of coffee back to the US for friends.

Thanks

The Department of Agriculture (USDA): The USDA restricts the import of most foodstuffs, plants and wild animals to protect the country from accidental importation of diseases and pests that could harm US agriculture. Fruits, meats, vegetables and seeds are prohibited.

If I were you, I would ask the USDA directly.

1. If the bags of coffee beans are sealed and labeled ("commercially packaged") & there is no problem with bringing them back into the States from a So.American or Panama Canal cruise.

We have brought back coffee from Costa Rica. I would believe as long as it is roasted it would be no problem.

On the question of food being brought onto the ship, just check out the crew...they come back with armloads full. And they know the best places to go. When in Santorini, we brought back olives, feta, etc. and had a picnic on our balcony. You always see the crew coming back with food.

On the question of food being brought onto the ship, just check out the crew...they come back with armloads full. And they know the best places to go. When in Santorini, we brought back olives, feta, etc. and had a picnic on our balcony. You always see the crew coming back with food.

The crew always bring back food from shore, simply due to the fact sometimes they can get food more "home like" than on the ship. When I travel with my SO (who is a contract shipboard entertainer) we always bring food back on the ship depending on the port.

It's really about bringing things back to the states, which is why you would not be allowed to disembark with anything... when I was on a month trip to Chile last year I packed Clementines (wonderful in Chile) for my trip home, and had to give them up before I boarded the plane! :(

I say bring the bakery goods--yummy! What's the name of this bakery by the way (if you've already mentioned it my apologies for missing it!).

Happy sailing,

The crew always bring back food from shore, simply due to the fact sometimes they can get food more "home like" than on the ship. When I travel with my SO (who is a contract shipboard entertainer) we always bring food back on the ship depending on the port.

It's really about bringing things back to the states, which is why you would not be allowed to disembark with anything... when I was on a month trip to Chile last year I packed Clementines (wonderful in Chile) for my trip home, and had to give them up before I boarded the plane! :(

I say bring the bakery goods--yummy! What's the name of this bakery by the way (if you've already mentioned it my apologies for missing it!).

Happy sailing,

Totally agree. Big difference between what you can bring on the ship and what you can bring into Canada/USA. But the OP was asking about the ship.

I've also brought back those rum cakes from Grand Cayman with no problem.

Got a bag of peanuts in the shell in Belize at an outdoor market and was allowed to bring them on the ship, but I knew I couldn't take them back to the U.S. so we ate them before the cruise ended.

I'm planning to get roasted coffee beans in 4 countries on the next cruise, so I'm happy to hear that they're OK. Going to give them for Christmas gifts.

Happy sailing,

It's called Ms. Vivienne's cafe, I'm told she operates it out of her home, and you go to the back porch for your order. I have heard that she has the best homemade vanilla cake out there, and I am hoping to surprise my DF with one :) I am still waiting on an official answer from Princess (emailed them yesterday and received only the we have received your email and someone will respond shortly response) Will post an official response when/if I get one.

Archived