Balmoral - BL0914 Baltic cruise Sun 16th Aug 2009

cruiser mick

Mick, is the Kiel transit likely to be the Gala buffet night?

Our daughter thought so and had plans of dragging us to the buffet (we were too tired last year and she was very annoyed with us!) and then, after demolishing some of it, she intends to watch our entry into the canal (assuming there is some sort of artificial light at that point.)

It looks as if the last formal will be on the 26th, which could mean the evening buffet could be held the night before. As the 27th should be the crew show and then its bags out for Dover the next morning. Thats only my thinking, as it could be held at any point during the cruise - this is the first 12 day cruise that we have done, so we like yourselves, we can only hazzard a guess at the order of events.

Mike:confused:

Hi everyone, it's Fi...still here but still no tickets :(

Will it be brighter skies where we are going? I'm fed up of dull, grey and wet thats all we have had in Derby for ages. Not bothered about hot just need some brightness it's getting annoying. Andy says it's been ok in London where he has been working though.

Apart from that I am my happy self :)

Would love to meet up with you all, let us know when and where.

Hello slingshot... I like to boogie too :O

See you all real soon, Fi x

Hey Fi,

How awful has the weather been. :( I to am sick to my stomach of the classic British summer. I'm just hoping the European weather is better but I must admit I'm a little worried.. I so need some sunny, cocktails, swimming pool deck time if I can grab some.. :)

We live in Nottingham so can totally relate to the clouds..

Will it be brighter skies where we are going? I'm fed up of dull, grey and wet thats all we have had in Derby for ages. Not bothered about hot just need some brightness it's getting annoying. Andy says it's been ok in London where he has been working though.

Well the other half of Nottingham and Derby are down here in the westcountry on holiday and they are suffering the same weather - it's completely tipping it! I especially feel for the campers.

Who knows what the weather will be like! Last year the jacuzzis and pools were heated so we went in them in a variety of air temperatures. We even went in the pool and jacuzzi on highland deck in the fog in Geiranger Fjord!

No tickets Fi? What's going on there? Mind you, I don't think ours are the right ones anymore. I would think our bag label colours and the ticket will have to alter due to our change of cabin and deck.

Hey Kez,

That sounds awesome! Love the idea of being out on deck in fog in a heated pool / jacuzzi - brilliant.

What I have always liked about Center Parcs in Sherwood Forest is the outdoor heated rapids part of the swimming pool. Great to be out at night in any weather with underwater lighting and fully heated.

Will definitely make use of the heated pools on this cruise..

Hi Fiona

Don't worry about your tickets, ours haven't arrive yet either.

Sorry to hear about your weather, apart from a little rain, our weather has been windy, sunny and warm - got burnt on the beach yesterday....!!!

Yes we will try and have a get together, we need to know the if we are all on second sitting or not, then we can sort out a time.

Mike

I suspect we may be the only first sittings. We are also tied because the children's club require us to accompany the children to the clubs to sign them in and out and we have no way of knowing when the first children's 'get to know each other' party will be.

Please go ahead and arrange for the rest of you who I would imagine are on second sittings, and I will note the time and place and try my best to pop in and show a face.

Hello - Anyone out there - its all very quiet.

Yes, my T/A phoned and informed me our tickets were in, so it looks like we will be coming along with you, a week on Sunday. Hope that your all ready.

As far as a get together goes, would you all prefer it early-ish on the first sea day, say 10.30am in the Observatory bar, deck 11, Forward.

Wait to hear from you all

Mike

Sounds good to me.

Breakfast closes at 10 in Palms and childrens club likely to start at 10 (IIRC). I'm up for 10.30 in the Obs.

Really excited! 3 more days of work and 11 days to go before we start our trip to Dover.

We are booked on the above cruise, are there any fellow cruisers out there who would like to join me and get a thread going for this cruise. icon5.gif

Seen your message, are you interested in combining for a two day programme of visits in St Petersburg, I have made enquiries with traveltospb@gmail.com send to Tatyana for details

Hi everyone

Still no tickets for me - I have rang TA who informed me that they are expecting them around the 10th as they are being produced manually - I'm sure that's what she said...I was trying to ring on my mobile from work. I have never had this before, seems a bit wierd to me. They said they would have to special deliver them if it gets later, I told them I don't receive post until really late (true) and we need them for Friday at the latest. I have just emailed FO too - sorry if this is all unnecessary, I have never had to chase tickets before and if I'd been told I would not have been concerned.

Apart from that we are all very excited here, and only 7 more work days to go for me!

See you all soon but will probably speak sooner :)

Hi Fiona,

I hope you get your tickets soon without too much hassle. We booked directly with FO and ours came mid July. And then when I told them about Dot's middle name, they sent us a second set, so maybe we can smuggle you on board using our spares :)

KEZ - oh no, why is your countdown on 16 days? - another wierd happening!

I don't know why that has happened - probably my PC, I need to stop worrying :l

Fi x x

I know - can't get the tracker countdown to work right! Must try and just cancel it if it refuses to budge. Off to try and buy my daughter a dress or skirt/top combo for formal night this evening (late night opening)

Are you up for a 10.30 observatory meet on first sea day?

Seen your message, are you interested in combining for a two day programme of visits in St Petersburg, I have made enquiries with traveltospb@gmail.com send to Tatyana for details

Good morning to you Sanpetra and welcome to this thread. I looked at many sites in St P for excursions, the only problem we had was the time that Balmoral docked - around 8.30am. Most tours start around 7.30 - 8am

We have already booked a 2 day program with ToureDeForce, St Petersburg, who will collect us at 9.30am and allow a 30min time buffer. The cost is US$281(£174) per person for both days including lunches and most things.

We have also included an early evening canal cruise(US$41pp) which ends the day around 6.30 ish pm back at the ship. We actually paid by cc which was all straight forward with receipts from the company and the Bank etc.You are very welcome to join us for the 2 days. If you wish to come along contact them direct and mention our name(Michael Medhurst) as they offer one evening ticket to the Ballet or folkloric show FOC, for introducing 2 persons to go on the same 2 day tour. As I wouldn't be wanting to use it, you could have it with our pleasure.

We are meeting at 10.30 am in the Observatory bar, deck 11 forward, on the first sea day if you would like to join us.

Hope this helps you

Mike

Sounds good to me.

Breakfast closes at 10 in Palms and childrens club likely to start at 10 (IIRC). I'm up for 10.30 in the Obs.

Really excited! 3 more days of work and 11 days to go before we start our trip to Dover.

Glad all is falling into place, we look forward to meeting up with you.

Tickets are having to be reissued, so we are a little like Fiona at the moment. We have booked all the tours that we want to go on and another holiday for next year - so I now have something to look forward to.

See you soon

Mike

Hi everyone

Still no tickets for me - I have rang TA who informed me that they are expecting them around the 10th as they are being produced manually - I'm sure that's what she said...I was trying to ring on my mobile from work. I have never had this before, seems a bit wierd to me. They said they would have to special deliver them if it gets later, I told them I don't receive post until really late (true) and we need them for Friday at the latest. I have just emailed FO too - sorry if this is all unnecessary, I have never had to chase tickets before and if I'd been told I would not have been concerned.

Apart from that we are all very excited here, and only 7 more work days to go for me!

See you all soon but will probably speak sooner :)

Fiona

Stop worrying, you will get there ok, our tickets have to be reissued and I only collected them yesterday.

Do you think you will be able to meet up on the first day at sea, at 10.30 am, in the Obseratory bar deck 11.

Hope to see you then

Mike

Hiya Mike Dianne Kerry and all!

Yes we can meet at the Observatoryat 10.30am - as long as we get tickets to get on the ship :l

I can't help but worry. I will be happy again when I know it will all be ok :)

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

I hope you get your tickets soon without too much hassle. We booked directly with FO and ours came mid July. And then when I told them about Dot's middle name, they sent us a second set, so maybe we can smuggle you on board using our spares :)

Hi RayF

Hope that you can make the get together in the Observatory bar on the first sea day at 10.30am

Mike

Hey Kez,

That sounds awesome! Love the idea of being out on deck in fog in a heated pool / jacuzzi - brilliant.

What I have always liked about Center Parcs in Sherwood Forest is the outdoor heated rapids part of the swimming pool. Great to be out at night in any weather with underwater lighting and fully heated.

Will definitely make use of the heated pools on this cruise..

Hi James.

Hopefully you and your party, will all be able to join us in the Obervatory bar around 10.30am on the first sea day , for a little get together.

Hope to see you all there.

Mike and Dianne

Hi James.

Hopefully you and your party, will all be able to join us in the Obervatory bar around 10.30am on the first sea day , for a little get together.

Hope to see you all there.

Mike and Dianne

Hey there Mike,

I'll make the others aware and hopefully we can all meet up. If not I'm sure we'll all bump into each other at some point. I've been given a QE2 t-shirt to wear which is quite distinctive. :)

Archived