Balmoral - BL0914 Baltic cruise Sun 16th Aug 2009

cruiser mick

I got my ticket - yay!

Am feeling calm now, see you all soon, Fi x

Great!

We did our last holiday shop for bits yesterday as well as school uniforms as there isn't a lot of time when we get back to be hoping all the right sizes are in stock. Going to pack evening wear today then visit the beach.

1 week to go!

We have the boot-lace ties from last year's non-event and daughter/son will be half themed (with jeans/brown trousers and check shirt) but, although we have the cowboy hats from last year, this time we are travelling a very long way by train so, no way can we take them.

We (the adults) won't be themed, I don't think. Probably go with tan/beige coloured clothes.

We have the boot-lace ties from last year's non-event and daughter/son will be half themed (with jeans/brown trousers and check shirt) but, although we have the cowboy hats from last year, this time we are travelling a very long way by train so, no way can we take them.

We (the adults) won't be themed, I don't think. Probably go with tan/beige coloured clothes.

Ah that sounds good. I'll have to have a think.. If I could pick up a cheap cowboy hat it could be fun..

Hi Mick, thanks for the reply, and invitation to join you. I will make a booking for the two day tour and confirm it with you when complete. Look forward to meeting up on 17th, 10.30.

Pleased to be of help, it sounds like 2 very enjoyable days ahead and it will be nice to have your company.

Looking forward to meeting up on the 17th.

Mike and Dianne

Hi Mick

After some hard thinking and not a little trepidation, my wife and I have booked for the Baltic cruise from Dover on the 16th August.

This will be our second cruise (the first was a disaster and we've steered clear of anything nautical for a while).

Glad to see that there will be some frequent cruisers and look forward to meeting everyone next Sunday!!

Geraldine & Roger

Hi Mick

After some hard thinking and not a little trepidation, my wife and I have booked for the Baltic cruise from Dover on the 16th August.

This will be our second cruise (the first was a disaster and we've steered clear of anything nautical for a while).

Glad to see that there will be some frequent cruisers and look forward to meeting everyone next Sunday!!

Geraldine & Roger

Hi Geraldine and Roger.

Thanks for joining us on this thread, its great to hear from anyone new.

Hopefully, you will have a ball on the Balmoral and become intrepid cruisers of the future.:) We seem to have some very nice people on this thread and both Dianne and I are looking forward to meeting everyone, on the 17th.

Have you made any plans on what you will be doing on port days, if not read through some of the postings and you may pick up some ideas that you fancy, or just ask some questions when we all meet.

See you both soon.

Mike

Hi Mike, completed St P tour booking today with TourdeForce so thanks for the information, tickets also arrived in post today so all set. All I have to do now is get down to Dover from the sunny NW and will see you 10.30 (ish) on 17th.

:)

Mike,

Does Dianne have any details of the present hairdressing prices on board? Daughter needs a trim and I'm having trouble getting her in locally (when she is not already doing something else!). If they don't do a trim, we will have to go for whatever is the minimum service they do.

Hi Mike, completed St P tour booking today with TourdeForce so thanks for the information, tickets also arrived in post today so all set. All I have to do now is get down to Dover from the sunny NW and will see you 10.30 (ish) on 17th.

:)

If you are driving down and need parking, try Relyon Parking Tel 01304 201227, its cheaper than on port parking.

The cost is around £58 and they take you to the port and collect at the end of cruise.

Mike

Mike,

Does Dianne have any details of the present hairdressing prices on board? Daughter needs a trim and I'm having trouble getting her in locally (when she is not already doing something else!). If they don't do a trim, we will have to go for whatever is the minimum service they do.

Hi

We don't use the onboard hairdressers, but on page 26 of your cruise/tour book, it states hairstyling from £20 - so I guess that would be the lowest cost - maybe for a cut.

Sorry that we cannot be of any further help.

Mike and Di

If you are driving down and need parking, try Relyon Parking Tel 01304 201227, its cheaper than on port parking.

The cost is around £58 and they take you to the port and collect at the end of cruise.

Mike

Damn it. Wish I'd known about this before booking with the port parking service.. :(

Ah well, such is life. :)

Well, James.

You should have read through the thread, as I wrote it up for Fiona, just before you joined us.

Sorry

Mike

Ah no probs, in hindsight I should have at least asked here first. I must have completely missed it or just forgot you had already posted. We were all set to be staying in the Ramada (I think that's it) who offer very good value parking for the duration of the cruise but then the plans changed and we're at a B&B closer to the port now.

I then wanted to quickly get the parking sorted to avoid problems..

All good though.

James.

Hi guys,

On the Balmorral, do you know if it's possible to get a bucket of ice for the cabin? We're thinking of taking some orange juice etc and it would be great if we could chill it at night. Can we just go to the bar and request some?

Also, what do you recommend about currency exchange? Is it worth converting money on the boat or just taking sterling onshore and converting locally?

Archived