You know your kids are CRUISERS when...

CeleBrat

Your kids all sound too funny!

When I was 8 I wandered away from the kids program...(it was a different time) My mom found me sitting at one of the pool bars drinking a virgin Pina colda. I was so comfy on the ship I thought nothing of it haha.

3 years after his first cruise, he still talks about our waiter- by name, has tried to find a way to email him, and often comments how sad it must be for him to leave his family at home for so long.

He recently wanted me to call Celebrity and see if he might be on our next sailing..

May I ask which waiter this was? Several years later, my niece still talks about her favorite waiter (Tyrone) and Maitre d' (Ruby) from Celebrity Mercury...

When my 9 year old daughter goes online and clicks on our bridgecam links so she can see where "her ships" are and when she and her teenage brother start arguing over which is more delicious, escargot, chilled soups or souffle while I'm in the drive through line at McDonalds.

I WANT Avariel's bday cake!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

By bday is on Sunday. Someone better start getting baking. :D:D

You know your kids are cruisers when their birthday cake looks like this or something similar ...

ilikecake.jpg

(actually that is my birthday cake from last year. but i guess it still counts since i have the maturity level of a 5-year old)

When your childs teacher asks what he did over spring break and your child says, "went to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Aruba,.........." and the teacher sends home a note about your child telling tall tales at school.

This one had me laughing so much my kids had to come see what I was laughing about. We are taking a Spring Break cruise to Mexico and can totally see this scenario. However, my kids go to a private school and many of the kids take fancy vacations on a regular basis. They will probably just say, been there, done that.;):D

Just this evening we were watching Jon & Kate at the hospital where the 6 were born. My ds10 saw them touring the hospital room and said "they must be on a cruise, that looks like a stateroom". I was cracking up. He has the cruise mindset already and he doesn't even like to travel that much (we force him to take fun vacations, horrible aren't we?:p)

1- When told he will be on the ship for 10 days, your 4yo replies "10 days?! That's not long at all!! We should stay on for 1000 days!" :rolleyes::p

2- This conversation occurred this morning while viewing the webcams of some of our ports and the countdown to our cruise -- a viewing demanded by said 4yo...

My 8 yo son told me this morning his is excited about our holidays but is more excited about the cruise part because you can relax, eat whatever you want and just have fun.... Just to put it in perspective the first part of our holiday this year is a week at Walt Disney World.

Yikes...

When your 3yr old DS insists on having Strawberry Soup and Chocolate Chip Cookies every night for dessert. Someday maybe I'll make him some, thought about melting strawberry ice cream, think it would fool him? ( and no our waiter didn't spoil him any :rolleyes:)

My how he loves to look at the pictures of our cruise. We cruised in Oct and he still talks all the time. Good thing we finally booked another one. :)

When your 10 year old tells you that he wants to design cruise ships when he gets older and then 8 years later sends RCCL a letter informing them that he is starting college, majoring in Naval architecture, and plans on working for them as soon as he gets his degree.:rolleyes:

When your 10 year old tells you that he wants to design cruise ships when he gets older and then 8 years later sends RCCL a letter informing them that he is starting college, majoring in Naval architecture, and plans on working for them as soon as he gets his degree.:rolleyes:

Wow...are you serious? Now THAT'S impressive!

Great thread, btw...

Previously, my son had wanted to work on a cruise ship as one of the "ship cleaners" (The guys who are always on deck shining things up.)

He has since changed career paths, at a ripe old age of 8.

CeleBrat

Archived