You know your kids are CRUISERS when...

CeleBrat

During our recent 20-day Mediterranean cruise, our kids, without the use of a globe, and with just the use of their own extensive travel experiences and geography expertise, planned out a 30+ day around the world itinerary for their own, custom-designed world cruise. They included many places they wanted to return to and many they haven't been to yet. They also included sea days as needed. When they were done, I confirmed the feasibility of such an itinerary and that they had a future career working for Carnival or RCI. They are just 8 and 10 years old! :rolleyes: :D

Every time I'm on the computer our 4 year old wants to see "our room" (virtual tour) for our next cruise.

Whenever we tell her we're going on a trip she asks " another cruise?" then is disappointed when we say no.

Just today she drew a picture of a ship and had my husband write Serenade of the Seas on it!!

During our recent 20-day Mediterranean cruise, our kids, without the use of a globe, and with just the use of their own extensive travel experiences and geography expertise, planned out a 30+ day around the world itinerary for their own, custom-designed world cruise. They included many places they wanted to return to and many they haven't been to yet. They also included sea days as needed. When they were done, I confirmed the feasibility of such an itinerary and that they had a future career working for Carnival or RCI. They are just 8 and 10 years old! :rolleyes: :D

WOW! That is amazing! You should be proud of their expertise. My DD, who is 6, still gets confused as to whether or not we've left the United States. Probably because Key West looks a lot like the Bahamas.

CeleBrat

WOW! That is amazing! You should be proud of their expertise. My DD, who is 6, still gets confused as to whether or not we've left the United States. Probably because Key West looks a lot like the Bahamas.

CeleBrat

They have a natural interest and aptitude with geography. Combine that with our love of travel (and good fortune to be able to do it often), and the result was foreseeable. :D

6yo dd came home from her gardening camp last week not looking too well so I sent her straight to bed. Later when I came in with a light dinner on a tray, she said "Room service? I don't have change for the tip!"

During dinner on our last night in the MDR of our 7 night cruise, our son says, "When is the next cruise we are going on?". This was the first cruise for the kids & they absolutely loved it! They are talking about wanting to go on another cruise now...like can we go on a cruise next summer? They don't even talk about Disney World anymore!

Towanda

• 2 weeks later...

These stories are all so very funny and just too darn cute! :)

My 5 year old daughter asked me why we go on camping vacations so much. When I told her that it was fun she then informed me that she likes going on the boat better. Then she also told me that her favorite boat was the one with the water slides that "make you scream like a girl".

Luckily, we'll be on the Dream in February. She was very happy when I told her that our next cruise would have the water slides. ;)

When we were on our way to the port in Hawaii to board the Norwegian Star, my then-4 year old DD told the rest of the folks in the shuttle bus "this is my first cruise." I guess she knew she'd be as addicted as her Mom, because she's now 11 and she'll be taking her 15th cruise in January!

• 2 weeks later...

You know your kids are cruisers when...

She asks for the Pokemon toothbrush and her mommy tells her "no" because we just bought her Hello Kitty toothbrush a couple of weeks ago and she doesn't need a new one. So she says we can buy it now and put it in our cruise stuff for our upcoming cruise.

Does that mean she's a cruiser or does that mean that she just knows her mommy is a sucker for shopping for our cruise??

• 2 weeks later...

My eight year old daughter's first cruise was last year and she loved, loved, loved it! My husband and I booked the cruise to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. The next year when we mentioned that our wedding anniversary was coming up she asked us when we were going on 'our' cruise. Unfortunately we weren't able to go then but have booked 14 nights for next summer. The kids can't wait

Nearly every Sunday afternoon my DGS (3 yrs old) and I sit at the computer to watch the Conquest pull out of Port in Galveston and EVERY single time Kayson will say, There goes my cruise ship! We have him hooked on cruising after just one cruise.... cruise #2 for him is just a few weeks away....

• 3 weeks later...
;):D

When every room in the house has post it notes on the doors with your cabin number on it......Ours had "presidential suite", her has "royal family suite", her brothers had "inside cabin" :p

The laundry room door has "self laundry only"........

I love this one. This is my house

Last night we were talking about the possibility of booking the new Disney Dream for March 2011. Since it will only be a 4 day cruise I asked them if they would like to do a land (DisneyWorld) and sea package or a back to back and they chose the back to back! Not sure if we'll do it but I couldn't believe they wanted to pass up Disney World.

I love that this thread is still alive...!

And here's yet another story to add to it:

We are prepping for our 3-day Disney Wonder cruise, which leaves on Thursday this week. DS asks, "Mom, how long is this cruise?"

I respond with "3 days".

He grimaces, and says, "Oh, that's no fun."

CeleBrat

I have a new one! :) Yesterday my 6-yo signed onto AOL and sent me an instant message.

Ben: Hi Mom

Mom: Hi Ben!

Ben: How ar you

Mom: I am good, where do you want to go today?

Ben: I want to go on a cruseship

He may have autism but the boy can communicate the important things! LOL

I know my 3½ yo son is a cruise addict when everytime we see the top of the Montreal Olympic Stadium from a distance, he always thinks it's a cruise ship funnel and he wants to go on the ship NOW! :rolleyes:

50248995.jpg

This is so funny, it does look like a ship! We flew to our Halloween cruise on HAL, and when we landed in Atlanta to change planes my son yelled out for the whole plane to hear, I SEE THE CRUISE SHIP! I SEE THE CRUISE SHIP! Pretty sure he was seeing the tail of a plane LOL

I just found this thread and it's my favorite CC thread ever!

When I served my 7yo some grilled chicken for dinner a few weeks ago he looked at it and asked "is this from the rotisserie?"

Then last week when he kept asking for dinner long before it was ready, he eventually walked away grumbling "but I signed up for anytime dining..."

Archived