You know your kids are CRUISERS when...

CeleBrat

I received one of those digital picture frames for Christmas. A good percentage of the pictures of my grandson are from cruises. My favorite though is a picture of him, around 1-1/2 years old, sitting with a pacifier in his mouth – holding a bingo card with some of the numbers punched out – staring at it intently as if playing the card. Yup, he’s a cruiser. He keeps asking when he can go on another cruise. Don’t want to tell him too soon – but its May…:D Just two more cruises until he’s Platinum. One a year – not bad. I wish my DD could figure out how to put it on the website. Its pretty funny.

How about when your 4 year old daughter wants to know how many "stars" our ship is?

Or when your 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter tell their school and pre-school that one of their favorite parts of their Thanksgiving trip was eating nachos and drinking a Sprite at Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel. It was so fun explaining why our kids were at a "Mexican Bar". At least they didn't talk about the tatoo the guy drew on mom.

When your 10 year old tells you that he wants to design cruise ships when he gets older and then 8 years later sends RCCL a letter informing them that he is starting college, majoring in Naval architecture, and plans on working for them as soon as he gets his degree.:rolleyes:

I have one of them too - he was just accepted to the Merchant Marine Academy. He's more interested in the engineering end, though. Our upcoming cruise with him in 2 weeks will be our last cruise with him - although I have a sneaking suspicion he'll have more sea time than we can imagine in his future!

We went to Disney two years in a row with our grandson and in December took him on Liberty. On the plane ride home we asked him what he would like to do next; Disney world or a cruise? Without a moments hesitation he said the cruise. Loved, loved, loved the kids club (so did GM and GP;))

When your 10 year old tells you that he wants to design cruise ships when he gets older and then 8 years later sends RCCL a letter informing them that he is starting college, majoring in Naval architecture, and plans on working for them as soon as he gets his degree.:rolleyes:

On our last cruise i emailed the concierge and told him of my sons plans. After we boarded my son was invited to have dinner with the captain and a few days later called up to the bridge. The captain spent alot of time showing blueprints and how things worked. It was the best part of his cruise!

• 6 months later...

I'm bringing this one to the front again because my 4yo dd gave me a good laugh today! She's been on 3 cruises so far, and aparently notices everything because there was a song on the radio with a reggae beat, and she wanted to know why my car was playing cruise ship music!

My 4 year-old daughter was playing house today and picked up her play phone and proceeded to tell whoever she was talking to that she was going on a vacation cruise and staying in a "special cabin" with her own couch bed and she gets to wear a fancy dress to dinner and swim in the pool and dance to the music! It was adorable.

We just got back from a FAB 8-day cruise today. 8-days! The longest we've ever done.

So....while on the way to the grocery store (ugh) DD says to me, "Mom, is there such thing as a 10-day cruise?"

"Yes dear, why?"

DD replies, "Can you look on the computer and see if they are on sale? We should go on one."

Oh dear...I've created a monster.

CeleBrat

We went over to New Orleans for a weekend getaway and as soon as my 6-yo son saw the superdome he said, mom before we get on the cruise ship can I get some potato chips?

We have only cruised out of New Orleans twice but he doesn't forget anything!

On our last cruise i emailed the concierge and told him of my sons plans. After we boarded my son was invited to have dinner with the captain and a few days later called up to the bridge. The captain spent alot of time showing blueprints and how things worked. It was the best part of his cruise!

That is awesome!!!

We just got back from a FAB 8-day cruise today. 8-days! The longest we've ever done.

So....while on the way to the grocery store (ugh) DD says to me, "Mom, is there such thing as a 10-day cruise?"

"Yes dear, why?"

DD replies, "Can you look on the computer and see if they are on sale? We should go on one."

Oh dear...I've created a monster.

CeleBrat

LOL...at least he's looking for a bargain and not spending all your $$ yet! I know I've created monsters of my own...my teen is a dancer, and it's her ambition to either perform at Disney or on a cruise ship. Grandpa says encourage the cruise ship because it at least includes room and board, lol! And maybe a cruise or two for me, gotta watch my girl perform you know!

We just got back from our 14th cruise for my wife and I. It was our kids 6th and they are 11 and 14.

We were talking at dinner and my daughter asked my wife and I how old we were when we went on our 6th cruise as she was trying to compare. We had to think for a minute, we were 35, LOL!

While school shopping my daughter proceeded to tell me she needed attire for our cruise in December.

When my son got back from his first cruise and when we went out to dinner a few times, he couldn't understand why he couldn't order two entrees!!!

LOL...at least he's looking for a bargain and not spending all your $$ yet! I know I've created monsters of my own...my teen is a dancer, and it's her ambition to either perform at Disney or on a cruise ship. Grandpa says encourage the cruise ship because it at least includes room and board, lol! And maybe a cruise or two for me, gotta watch my girl perform you know!

Too funny! When she's ready, have her keep an eye on the Disney Auditions site (disneyauditions.com) for upcoming auditions. Either way though, it all good. There are a lot of Disney dancers who have been on cruise ships, and many who leave to go on cruise ships. (Yes, I'm a Disney insider...)

And now for yet another "Cruiser" story...we had just finished uploading all of our cruise pics ontot he computer, and DD (6) was sitting on my lap looking through them. At the very beginning of the downloaded pics, there were a few "leftover" pics from the day we spent at the beach (we live in FLORIDA). DD asks, "What cruise was this from?"

I answer, "It wasn't a cruise. It was that day we DROVE to the beach from our house."

DD replies." Oh....but why would we go to the beach if we weren't on a cruise?"

I laugh hysterically, then say, "Because we live in Florida and we can."

CeleBrat

We just got back from dd11's 4th cruise. We went to Alaska on Radiance of the Seas this time, after 3 cruises to the Caribbean. She had a fantastic time on the 3 shore excursions she went on, but her favorite place to be was the ship.

On the way home, she asked "Next time, can we go on a 2 week cruise with no shore excursions?" I mentioned the 14 day round trips to Hawaii. She said "That's great! We've already been to Hawaii, so we won't have to get off the ship!"

So, since I'm a cruise-a-holic, I've spent many hours on the internet in the past 3 days checking out long cruises. I've found an 18 day (18!!) cruise on Independence of the Seas over Christmas/New Years 2010. Hmm, now I have to decide what to do about the 10 day I've already got booked for summer 2010. :p

Archived