darn paloma

onehotpooh

with this cruise next week, i have been on 5 cruises.

i have sailed through tropical depression jorge , hurricane ivan and now paloma. it doesnt matter if i go in sept, oct or august. doesnt matter which cruise line.

/sigh

/just hand me an umbrella drink for my pity party

pooh

i thought id be safe in nov.

pooh

After 35+ cruises, the worst hurricane we have ever sailed through in the Caribbean was in November. Anytime you cruise during hurricane season, you are taking a chance, and the prices usually reflect that. Best of luck, and pack the Dramanime or Bonine! ;)

We cruise every year at this time. It is our Anniversary. We are used to it, and know that we take the chance. We have never had a major issue.

We will be watching this, as we are leaving on Monday on the Emerald. I would imagine they might re-route our departure, but I don't see it having and effect on our Southern itinerary.

Regards,

Chef

onehotpooh,

I know how you feel.

We took a camping trip to Northern Canada last January.

I was shocked, amazed, and disappointed that it was snowing.

Now I know why they gave me such a good price.

I tried to get a refund, but those darn Canadians were not very sympathetic.

onehotpooh,

I know how you feel.

If you want no snow, come in June, July, August, September or even October. The fall colors are very popular, in October here in Cape Breton.

Also northern Canada gets snow way before the rest of the country.

Where did you go camping? Also what made you think it would be warm, and not snowing?

If you want no snow, come in June, July, August, September or even October. The fall colors are very popular, in October here in Cape Breton.

Also northern Canada gets snow way before the rest of the country.

Where did you go camping? Also what made you think it would be warm, and not snowing?

It was a joke.....I guess you got "pranked" just like Palin did:)

LOVE Canada any time of the year. Been to Toronto in February trekking through snow on City streets, and Nova Scotia in June was great too.

Regarding Paloma, I'm not giving it any thought. Will enjoy my cruise on Emerald on Monday. Chance of it interfering is small so why waste time worrying!

Not to worry......You'll have a wonderful time....Cruise captains are very smart and know exactly how to keep the masses happy!

ANYTIME on a cruise ship is okay with me......

Hey, if you're that concerned and for a little money we change the tickets to my name....where can we meet? :p

we always cruise at the end of hurricane season. Last week was perfect, but we got to see some damage in ports from Omar's visit the week before. Last year hit a tropical storm and lots of rain, but no real rocking on the ship. I don't care where I go just so long as I go and I know that they would sail somewhere safe so just sit back and enjoy wherever they may take you!

onehotpooh,

I know how you feel.

Refund??? That wasn't snow, that was organic air conditioning. You should have had to pay a surcharge for that air conditioning like I did at a hotel in Vegas a couple of years ago... :D

I have to be honest. I too knew the small risks of going this time of year,but I tried to push our cruise back as far in Novemeber as I could. I couldnt get much time off work any other time...I am curious as to how or if this would effect my cruise on Emerald this mon.

Might not even make much of a difference!

Either way, I am so excited! We have been looking forward to this for a LOOONG time now!! Only a couple days away!

I have to be honest. I too knew the small risks of going this time of year,but I tried to push our cruise back as far in Novemeber as I could. I couldnt get much time off work any other time...I am curious as to how or if this would effect my cruise on Emerald this mon.

Might not even make much of a difference!

Either way, I am so excited! We have been looking forward to this for a LOOONG time now!! Only a couple days away!

On my 2nd cruise which happened to be over Thanksgiving - we had a hurricane and it was so rough. I learned my lesson then.

My mum always seems to cruise during hurricane season she is on a ship right now bound for Nassau from England it a 30 night Western Caribbean on P&O Oriana, it looks like the outer bands of Paloma could effect them in Nassau on Sunday. On Monday she will be in Fort Lauderdale for the day then the ships heads to Key West on Tuesday with a 2 day stay in New Orleans, she will be in Grand Cayman on November 16th.

Christine

Archived