What Solstice cabin did you stay in?

Pastordonna

Yeah, I find myself dismissing that thread just because it isn't easy to search through cabins. There are a couple sites out there, but they don't seem to be for free. It would be really nice if there was a spread sheet type page here where we could go and see if anything has been reported on a certain cabin on a certain ship. BOY, what a project though, eh?

I'm no web designer so I don't know just how big a project it would be. But once the pages/forms were set up, the actual inputting would be done by CC members posting a report for their cabin number.

I see that you both were in forward cabins, 9106 and 9109. Did either of you feel much movement of the ship? We are thinking of trying to book an FV which is forward, but am a bit concerned if we would feel too much movement.

Your comments please!

tromvest ~ this cruise wasn't a fair judge of movement because we didn't go anywhere. Our speeds were super slow so we felt no motion whatsoever. The most motion was when the ship was doing circles so the camera crew in the helicopter (I'm assuming that's what was happening) could shoot promotional photos. And we were on the lawn club at that point. So I'm afraid I don't have much to offer right now. But once we sail next week (we're in an aft cabin), I'll give an update. Should be a much better chance to check out the motion.

Has anyone stayed in 8259? I would love to see pictures of the view fromt he balcony and also the angles and it's size. It's supposed to have a larger balcony since it's on the angled part of the bump out.

Morris4me, Look at this link to Host Anne's photos. This should help you visualize the balconies. http://solsticepreinauguarlnov121420...tterfly.com/60

Host Anne, completely OT, but I just saw your photos you took of the ship. Can I ask what kind of camera did you use? Is it a digital SLR? I am looking to finally buy a really nice camera for my trip, and I am looking at the Olympus E-420 because it's small and competes with the lower-end Nikon SLRs. And they say it's a decent beginner camera because the modes and screens work more like a point and shoot.

I leave in less than a month so I need to get it soon and start learning! lol.

Linda ~ I didn't notice but will try to check this out next week.

CruisingtheWaves ~ I shoot with a Sony DSLR - a300. I've had it about two years and they now have a wide variety of other models available. There are TONS of great digital cameras out there....from the small pocket-sized (I also have a small Sony CyberShot for times I don't feel like lugging my DSLR around). I suggest you head out to a store and actually pick up the cameras and play with them to see which you are most comfortable with.

I was on the Solstice last weekend and had a C2 cabin on deck 10. Cabin number 1019 Our seating area was next to the sliding doors which sounds like it would be perfect but having the bed first made a bottle neck from the front to the back of the cabin. Also it was difficult to get into the closet with the bed next to it especially if it is set up as twins. Our cabin could accommodate 3 with a trundle pull out that was very small. Not great for an adult. In the Quad cabins the fourth bed came down from the ceiling over the sitting couch. The rooms are appointed beautifully and the bedding was extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are large with glass tile and a bowl sink. Plenty of room to move around in there. I do believe the rooms were exactly the same at the regular balconies just had the additional services. The ship is UPSCALE....very mutted shades throughout which made for a very calm relaxing getaway. The martini bar seemed to be the happening place where many met before dinner. Don't forget to make it to the Sky Observation Lounge....one of the nicest but nobody was in there. There are so many decks to explore and venues to visit that you may miss some if you don't have your deck plan handy. For the wine people out there don't miss the Wine Cellar it was excellent. Plenty of deck chairs with thick pads....yea!!! a real switch from the old plastic on other ships. Lots of comfortable seating everywhere. Let me know if you have any other particular questions.

I'm looking at possibly 1287 (aft)....I can't find photos of that side of the ship...

Anyone know how that cabin is set up? Also, in the schematic there's a large, unmarked area in the middle of the hallway where inside cabins normall are. Anyone know what's there? I'm hoping it's not a porter station or something like that.

Archived