What Solstice cabin did you stay in?

Pastordonna

Quick question for you Travelntreats.

On the deck plan for the Solstice from the Celebrity site, 6244 had no "symbols" for triple or quad bedding. Where was the seating area in this room---by the verandah door or by the bathroom? Everytime I call Celebrity about this issue, I get a different answer. We will be sailing on the Equinox next year in 7177, a stateroom with no "Symbols" on the plan either.

Thanks so much for your help. I am making the assumption that the layouts will be the same on both ships.

Dianne

Quick question for you Travelntreats.

On the deck plan for the Solstice from the Celebrity site, 6244 had no "symbols" for triple or quad bedding. Where was the seating area in this room---by the verandah door or by the bathroom? Everytime I call Celebrity about this issue, I get a different answer. We will be sailing on the Equinox next year in 7177, a stateroom with no "Symbols" on the plan either.

Thanks so much for your help. I am making the assumption that the layouts will be the same on both ships.

Dianne

I was VERY disappointed with the layout of the "sitting area" being right when you walked in and the bed arrangement by the balcony. I was in another stateroom which was reversed and in my opinion is more functional and makes the room look larger.

Travelntreats,

Thanks so much for your very speedy response. That was exactly what I was afraid of. Celebrity reps continue to say the sitting area is by the balcony door, but you have proved them wrong. I really had hoped the room was reversed. As you indicate it has a much larger feel & when relaxing at times during the say, I'd much rather be by the balcony & not the bathroom. Maybe by sailing time another stateroom will open up! If only I had know the fine details at the time of booking.

Thanks again.

Dianne

Travelntreats,

Thanks so much for your very speedy response. That was exactly what I was afraid of. Celebrity reps continue to say the sitting area is by the balcony door, but you have proved them wrong. I really had hoped the room was reversed. As you indicate it has a much larger feel & when relaxing at times during the say, I'd much rather be by the balcony & not the bathroom. Maybe by sailing time another stateroom will open up! If only I had know the fine details at the time of booking.

Thanks again.

Dianne

Don't look for any cozy comfort on that sofa either.... square, straight and hard ! Glad I could help ya out a little !

We are all so curious about our cabins I thought maybe we could put our requests in for information from those who have been lucky enough to have already sailed.

For the Disney Cruise Line there is a website (wdwinfo.com) which has a 'Stateroom Reports' section. People post reports according to ship and cabin number. It is very useful when choosing which cabin to book.

Could Cruise Critic perhaps set up something similar?

For the Disney Cruise Line there is a website (wdwinfo.com) which has a 'Stateroom Reports' section. People post reports according to ship and cabin number. It is very useful when choosing which cabin to book.

Could Cruise Critic perhaps set up something similar?

CC already has a forum called "Cabin Selection Tips".... I guess that would be considered similar to what you say Disney has ?

Hi All,

My DW and I stayed in cabin 9138. As others have reported closet was a little small but with the other places to store thing I think it will be fine for us.

On my actual cruise (12/7) we are in Aft CC cabin 1202. We were a little surprised (having been in Aft cabins on the M class ships) that the veranda was about the same size as side cabins but again they are still the best cabins on the ship. My DW and I love watching the ships wake.

Bob

i think we can solve the mystery of our cabins by looking at the photos. if you are able to find your cabin in a photo (which i think i have) and you can faintly see which way your sliding glass door will open, it should tell you your arrangement right there, i think. cabins that have sliding glass doors opening from the left side are cabins that have the bed by the balcony. cabins with glass doors opening from the right side have the sitting area by the balcony. this is just what i noticed, someone please correct me? this is from looking at the photos. it will be opposite if you are actually in the cabin. if you are in the cabin looking out at the balcony and your sitting area is closer to the balcony, your sliding glass door should open from the left. lol this is confusing i know.

anyone who's sailed on the ship able to confirm this? do you remember from which side your sliding glass door opened?

We were in 1659 port side cat C1. Same comments as above, i'd prefer the sitting area by the balc and the sofa did partially block the closet BUT there is more than enough storage space.

We have booked this cabin for the 12/14 sailing. How were the views from the balcony?

Sorry Kelley,

We were in 9138 our door went from left to right. Bed was near closet, sofa near veranda.

Bob

okay then i seem to be right. i was talking in terms as if you are looking at the photos from outside the ship.

inside your cabin, your sitting area was closer to your door, so your door from inside the cabin opened from the left to the right, correct?

We have booked this cabin for the 12/14 sailing. How were the views from the balcony?

Very nice unobstructed views...if you read my other posts, beware the hike to the elevators/stairs! I also would have rathered the sitting area by the balc but I survived.

Also the stateroom attendant was excellent since it will probably be the same one. Don't remeber her name but she was always available.

CC already has a forum called "Cabin Selection Tips".... I guess that would be considered similar to what you say Disney has ?

No, unfortunately it isn't.

On the wdwinfo.com website there's a listing of reports by ship and cabin number. So, for example, you can pick Disney Magic - cabin number 5630, and see the reports people have posted for that specific cabin. People give whatever information they like, but generally include things like the condition of the cabin, location, and whether it was noisy. It is very useful when choosing a cabin. If there isn't a report for a particular cabin there's usually a report for one close by that can help.

For the Solstice it could be a handy way of people checking the layout of their cabin (bed nearest window or door) or whether there was an obstructed view.

It is much easier than searching through a forum.

No, unfortunately it isn't.

On the wdwinfo.com website there's a listing of reports by ship and cabin number. So, for example, you can pick Disney Magic - cabin number 5630, and see the reports people have posted for that specific cabin. People give whatever information they like, but generally include things like the condition of the cabin, location, and whether it was noisy. It is very useful when choosing a cabin. If there isn't a report for a particular cabin there's usually a report for one close by that can help.

For the Solstice it could be a handy way of people checking the layout of their cabin (bed nearest window or door) or whether there was an obstructed view.

It is much easier than searching through a forum.

Yeah, I find myself dismissing that thread just because it isn't easy to search through cabins. There are a couple sites out there, but they don't seem to be for free. It would be really nice if there was a spread sheet type page here where we could go and see if anything has been reported on a certain cabin on a certain ship. BOY, what a project though, eh?

anyone in cabin 1281? for that matter any one have info or pics of cc cabins? For some reason concierge class info seems to be a giant black hole for the sostice, The few pics I've found were too dark to view! also, on the x website, this is the one cabin class that does not have it's own pop up page... strange. i am hoping to see how they differ in furnishings, drapes, bedding etc. from the reg verandah cabins. I am begining to think that perhaps there is no diffeance as far as furnishings, bath towels etc. hope someone can help me out, thanks.

Archived